Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Making M14 stock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 3rd, 2005, 18:50   #1
Orochi
Warning Trade Dispute!! POSSIBLE FRAUD!! Buyer beware!!

Making M14 stock

Well I hope I'm in the right section, if not I apologize before the flaming starts. Anyways I was thinking about making a wooden stock for the tm m14; the problem is I don't have the dimensions to start...

I tried searching for it on google and asc, but its not exactly helpful. So if anyone could provide me with dimensions, and point me in the right direction it'll be greatly appreciated. I understand that providing dimensions could be complicated, but if you could give me just a hint I think I can go from there.

Thanks alot, once again I apologize if I'm at the wrong section and I will gladly relocate this post if it is thanks.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 21:53   #2
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Actually you are in just the right spot!

Do you currently have a TM M14 or are you looking to make the stock before you buy one?

There are a few players whom have converted realsteel stocks; have you considered that option to save labour and time?
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 22:06   #3
Droc
Kokanee asked the right question, do you have an M14?
Making the stock to fit airsoft internals is gonna be next to impossible without the gun there for you to work with.
If you have the gun, its very simple if you have respectable woodworking skills and tools.
I've made my own stocks for my real steel rifles and its easy as pie once you get it infront of you, but thats the key, having it there.
Old November 4th, 2005, 17:44   #4
Orochi

sorry for not being specific in my post i do not own a tm m14 right now but i am in the process to purchase one, i just thought that i do this project for fun and experience so when i do have the m14 i can just swap the bodies. i was thinking on buying an OD m14 so depending on the situation i can just swap the stocks and not be stuck with just one kind of stock for all my games. Kokanee thanks for your response to my post ill try my best to fix up any grammar errors that i may have but i was thinking on building the stock from scratch instead of modifying a real steel stock, to me its just more rewarding to have a stock that you build yourself. Droc thanks for responding, is it really going to be impossible to construct a stock if i do not have the gun? if so, that really is going to be a problem. is it possible to get a blue print/ dimensions for an m14 stock online or in hard copy? thanks
Old November 4th, 2005, 18:48   #5
Blastyman

Send a message via ICQ to Blastyman
Even if you get the dimenisions of a real m14 stock I would wait till you own the gun. There is a lot of material you have to remove from the real stock to make it fit.

A lot of trial and error kind of fitting the action into the stock.

But if you do lay your hands on the real dimensions and decide to build it make sure you make the grip fatter then standard a bit to accomadate for the motor. Because you make it too narrow and then go to hollow it out for the motor and end up with a giant hole in hte side of the stock it will suck.
Blastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 02:33   #6
Suspect187

If you haven't made a stock or modified one for your M14 by the time I change the stock on my real M14, you can have my original stock. It's a norinco "mystery wood" stock. Not the best but hey, its free.
(The Gun, Not My Girlfriend)
Suspect187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 23:02   #7
Orochi

Suspect187 thank you so much for such a generous offer! it would be nice to have a stock to use as a reference, i will probably start my project before you decide to change the stock on your m14...but when do u think you are changing the stocks? and also i was just wondering would a m14e2 stock fit tm m14 parts with minor modifications?such as the stock in the link below
http://www.imageseek.com/m1a/gallery/closeup/467m14e

thanks and thank you suspect187 again for the offer
Old November 6th, 2005, 00:28   #8
Blastyman

Send a message via ICQ to Blastyman
I doubt any pistol grip stock is going to work due to the motor placement. but I could be wrong
Blastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2005, 01:35   #9
Suspect187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi
but when do u think you are changing the stocks?

thanks and thank you suspect187 again for the offer
No problem man. Umm, I think I'll be changing the stock in a month or 2. I would like to do it sooner but I'm a little short on funds right now. You'll probably start your project way before I change my stock but if you want it, its yours. :tup:
(The Gun, Not My Girlfriend)
Suspect187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 14:58   #10
usmc0621fro

Real Steel Stock

Hey I am just curious if anyone actually fitted a real steel stock to an M14. I have a CA M14 Scout and I want to put it into a McMillan MFS-14 Stock. I realize I have to buy new motor mounts, the ones used for the EBR kits. Otherwise I am curious how much modification of the stock I'll have to do. Also does anyone have any suggestions for adding the plate in the pistol grip for the motor? Thanks for all the help guys.
usmc0621fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 00:37   #11
Pip

Send a message via MSN to Pip
Now thats an interesting necro....record perhaps?
Smelly troll is smelly.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 01:47   #12
dontask

Send a message via MSN to dontask
at least it shows he's searching
unlike a LOT of newbs
dontask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 23:26   #13
usmc0621fro

Not really a newb to airsoft, just to your forum. And yeah I search first cause it's retarded to start a new post on something that someone in airsoft has more than likely done or attempted. Hopefully the person with some background in this can provide info.
usmc0621fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 23:35   #14
The Saint

You're probably better off trying one of the US forums. I don't think anyone has actually bought a CA14 here in Canada, so we have literally zero experience with its physical layout, much less adapting a stock to it.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications