Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New Player; Gun Questions

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 26th, 2012, 21:04   #1
EuroTrash

New Player; Gun Questions

Alright so I am new to Airsoft but I come from a paintball background so I am familiar with a few things. One of the issues I've never had to contend with was markers being restricted by Canadian laws and such.

http://kwausa.com/products/ptp/m1911-mk-iv-ptp/

I am curious how do people order such sidearms as these to Canada? I've seen a few forum posts in which people from Canada have claimed ownership of these or other 'banned' sidearms.

Do you have to contact the manufacturer? Are there certain dealers in Canada that sell them? I'd love to start playing some milsim scenarios but being a fan of realism would love to have such a properly replicated GBB.

I am 25, from Alberta if that makes any difference.
EuroTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 21:11   #2
ap27

Welcome to the forums!

First step for you would be to get Age Verified (look for the thread in the FAQ section). Find your local AV Rep and present him with some ID to get your Age Verified status.

Once AV'ed you'll have access to retailers (who can import/have stock of the guns that you are looking for) and the classifieds (where other owners sell their guns).

Since this section is visible to non-AV'ed members, we wont be able to give out names of retailers or any rules/regulations governing import of airsoft guns.

You'll find various milsim/skirmish games listed in the Games section. So get AV'ed, have a crazy amount of guns and gear to choose from, go broke, and then join everyone at the games!!

Last edited by ap27; March 26th, 2012 at 21:17..
ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 21:12   #3
boren93
Dicks

You are well over the age restriction so get verified as soon as you can and you will see the gold mine of those in the classifieds. As well as access to retailers that distribute those.

Aww just by a minute...
Old March 26th, 2012, 21:13   #4
JonsM4

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=88238
Old March 26th, 2012, 21:14   #5
Jaelommiss

It's great to see a new player in Canada. I'm going to start by referring you to the site FAQ section. Of particular note is a thread near the top about Age Verification. To put it simply, you meet with a site representative in person, provide proof that you are ages 18+ (driver's license or other government ID) and wait a couple of weeks for it to be processed. You will then get a tag under your name saying that you are age verified. This will grant you access to the sales threads on ASC as well as other Age Verified only sections. You can buy guns from other members through the classified section and can find out how to get guns from other sources such as retailers in the age verified section.

If you have any questions check the FAQ sections first. It will probably be answered there. If it isn't, search in the little bar at the top of the screen and on Google. Someone else probably had the same question at some point. As long as you take the time to do your own research the community won't be too hard on you. If it's obvious that you didn't put in any effort then you can expect to be chewed up and spat out by the community.

That's everything I can think of for now, so be responsible with your guns and I look forward to meeting you on the field.

Edit: Everyone beat me to it.
Jaelommiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 22:24   #6
EuroTrash

Thanks for all the help everyone! I will go about contacting an Edmonton rep about getting age verified. Is the age verification only used for purchasing and trading used equipment in the classifieds or are their certain dealers that will sell to you once you receive the verification?

I still have quite a bit of various paintball gear that can easily be repurposed for airsoft use this summer, I just hope I can get some of the markers I am eyeing up before I miss out on any fun.

Also the FAQ's/stickies were helpful.
EuroTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 22:42   #7
ap27

AV is also required for all the retailers that sell guns on the forums.

And you can probably reuse your vest/pouches and paintball outfit/boots for most indoor games

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 17:08   #8
Urbantakeover

Hey, Im also another Edmonton local looking to get into airsoft, maybe there something in the water around here I got a few friend that also play, not sure if they play on any teams but its good to discover and active community here in Edmonton
Urbantakeover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 17:17   #9
L473ncy

EAR (Edmonton Airsoft Regiment) will be your guys' local community.

@ EuroTrash, it's not called a marker, it's understandable if you come from a PB background but we call them rifles, guns, carbines, etc. anything except marker since they don't mark and also we don't really need to be politically correct about calling our guns anything else than what they are.

Also our laws are really messed up. You technically can import based on certain definitions but it's still much easier to buy in country (I do this, even though I know I can save a ton buying out of country if I manage to make sure paperwork and such are there for legal importation). However accessories are totally OK and free for you to import.
Old March 27th, 2012, 17:28   #10
Azathoth

Hi Eurotrash,

I"ve sent you a PM but the Edmonton Community is located at

Edmontonairsoft.net

If you need to get AV'ed I can meet with you and get you setup both locally and on ASC.

EDIT:

Thank you L473ncy for directing him
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 23:57   #11
Urbantakeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
EAR (Edmonton Airsoft Regiment) will be your guys' local community.

@ EuroTrash, it's not called a marker, it's understandable if you come from a PB background but we call them rifles, guns, carbines, etc. anything except marker since they don't mark and also we don't really need to be politically correct about calling our guns anything else than what they are.

Also our laws are really messed up. You technically can import based on certain definitions but it's still much easier to buy in country (I do this, even though I know I can save a ton buying out of country if I manage to make sure paperwork and such are there for legal importation). However accessories are totally OK and free for you to import.

There is a way to import them with proper paper work? How does one get the proper paper work? Or is that something I learn when I get my AV stamp
Urbantakeover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 00:00   #12
JonsM4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbantakeover View Post
There is a way to import them with proper paper work? How does one get the proper paper work? Or is that something I learn when I get my AV stamp

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion