Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Starting gun for new BC player

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 12th, 2010, 16:34   #1
Mr.MillionZ

Starting gun for new BC player

I'm new to air soft and live in Burnaby BC I'm over the age of 18 and all that I'm just wondering what a good starting gun would be. mostly a pistol or something just to start myself off not a full auto assault rifle, just a simple starting weapon. money is not an issue. Any suggestions?? post the dealer or site where i could buy the air soft as well, thanks.

Last edited by Mr.MillionZ; July 12th, 2010 at 16:37.. Reason: forogt to add it
Mr.MillionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 16:45   #2
suzenonest

read the faqs. unless ur AVed we cant post sites
suzenonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 16:49   #3
Mr.MillionZ

ok then jus tell me what is a good starting gun
Old July 12th, 2010, 16:50   #4
Pliskin

Send a message via MSN to Pliskin
I wouldn't recommend any pistol as a starting gun. If you just want something to horse around with get an air rifle from canadian tire.

Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 16:50   #5
Strelok

You're on the right site. Just need to put in the effort on getting age verified. Scroll down the forum until you can find the board for age verification, locate a local verifier and set up a meeting between the two of you.

Once your account is verified, you'll be given the option to buy online new from retailers, and used from other players.

As for starter gun? Beleive me, get an AEG, An assault rifle. Starting out with a GBB pistol or something along those lines won't really do you much good. AEG's are the staple of airsoft, and I don't really see why you wouldn't want one.

Good luck! Airsoft is a great sport and a whole ton of fun.

Last edited by Strelok; July 12th, 2010 at 16:53..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 16:52   #6
Mr.MillionZ

thanks for the help
Old July 12th, 2010, 16:54   #7
Mr.MillionZ

does anybody know which is better; an electric, gas, or CO2 rifle ???
Old July 12th, 2010, 16:58   #8
DanoftheDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MillionZ View Post
electric is certaily easiest to maintain, I'd avoid gas guns unless you already have some expierence with them.... Honesly go with what you like. If you're not happy with it you'll kick yourself for long time.
DanoftheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 17:02   #9
Short Round
Najohn

What is your favourite pistol, that usually is a good starting point
Old July 12th, 2010, 17:29   #10
Dart

Have you been to Bcac yet? its your local club. Might be good to go check out the games and see what you like and what roll you want to fill.

Big foot and .... crap wtf is the other one.... neways bigfoot IIRC is in mission and is supposed to be a wicked field.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 17:39   #11
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

If you are looking for a good quality pistol than I recommend looking into either TokyoMarui, KSC, KWA or Western Arms(WA). Each company is reputable and known for their quality of materials used in the production of each and every one of their items.
Prices vary depending on which brand and which model you select.

The majority of pistols run off of gas the others are either spring are electric powered. Spring powered guns require the slide to be cocked before each shot and generally only serve the purpose of shooting pop cans in your basement. Electric pistols or AEP are handguns that run off a small battery pack and use a motor to compress a small piston to drive air down a barrel which propels the BB. They generally function well but due to their smaller nature will not be able to match the output of that of a full sized airsoft gun. Finally we have gas based pistols, these come in the form of Co2 and green gas(propane) guns. Before I speak on the subject of gas powered pistols I would just like to clarify that green gas is in fact propane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Gas

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/

Anyways back to the topic at hand. Gas guns store both the gas and bbs in the magazine of the gun when the trigger is pulled a small amount of compressed gas is released to propel the BB down the barrel. Essentially all pistols work on this concept, so the only thing that remains is for you to decide how you want your gun to look.

As stated above you may find yourself out gunned if you choose to bring a semi auto pistol to a full auto shoot out. Then I suppose you can say that its "how you play not what you play with". Actually that's a big pile of garbage, trying to take out 6 players head on who have more range, more accuracy and higher firing rate is ridiculous. Either way the decision is yours, you may wish to explore other options before you commit.

Best of luck.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 18:16   #12
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MillionZ View Post
Gas is more realistic, electric is more reliable. I owned both, prefer gas for realism. Gas cost more money, and is more work to maintain. Price you pay for realism.
Thanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 21:12   #13
L473ncy

Go electric, you won't regret it.

Sure it may be fun to game with a GBB(R) but it's still a good idea to bring a backup just in case.

As for which to get first I'm a proponent of the AK or AR-15 platform for a first gun and brandwise TM, CA, G&P, STAR/ARES, VFC, etc. are the best to start out with but expect it to cost you a pretty penny like in the $500+ range. However if you buy it you can pretty much game it stock and not have to worry about any heavy maintenance/repairs for a while.

Now if you decide that JG or other such "clone" brands (note: technically almost everything is a clone off of TM however the word "clone" is generally reserved for lower quality brands) are more in your price range that's great too but expect some more regular maintenance. They're not bad guns at all but at the same time don't be expecting awesome performance/durability out of a cheaper gun like that.

Definitely though, don't be buying that CT crap; except for the S34P which is a clone of the TM M3 and another gun (forget which one but I believe it runs off the 12gr CO2 caplets) are only decent clearsoft at CT nothing else is really noteworthy.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank