Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Jing Gong metal body --- fact or fiction?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 31st, 2008, 16:16   #16
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwag View Post
I have the jg mp5 ras with metal body.
LOVE it. It's solid as hell, heavy, tight. did a minor durability upgrade. Been my primary since last summer. Easily 50,000 bbs without a problem.

I can't speak to the quality of the metal body but I'm not worried about breakage. Looks good.

However..most of the cheap aftermarket metal bodies I've seen don't fit right without some work.
Mine came well assembled and shimmied but I have seen others that weren't as well assembled.
Chinese guns will almost always need some tinkering/regreasing/shimming to be good, practical, long-term primaries.
I have one of these as well, it is heavy and solid... and has been running well

Hell its metal even where is should not be.. the entire lower receiver and trigger group...including the pistol grip is made of cast "white metal" As a replica.. its shite.. as a solid good performing ( I had to downgrade the spring as I use mine inside ) aeg.. its all in there. I'd buy another.. hell i'd buy 10
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 16:16   #17
Skruface

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
Umm.. no.

Highly doubt this. Especially for the AK line-up.
I saw a translated video with the VP of Real Sword and he stated that much of the externals of the RS lineup are made by the Chinese state factory Norinco. I'll see if I can dig up the link.
Skruface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 16:28   #18
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruface View Post
I saw a translated video with the VP of Real Sword and he stated that much of the externals of the RS lineup are made by the Chinese state factory Norinco. I'll see if I can dig up the link.
THANK YOU!!! PLEASE DO SO! I read in several reviews that Norinco produced the externals of the gun, but never could find a source to back it up. I was a bit leary of that at first until I got my gun in hand. Now that I have the T56 I'm convinced that the receiver is exactly what these reviews claimed them to be. Even if they're not, they're still of the identical grade and materials as the real steel, so it doesn't even matter if the parts are produced by Norinco or Real Sword. They're still leaps and bounds over anything else out there.

That and I'm quite honestly sick of PTW owners PM'ing me out of the blue to tell me that there's no way my "cheap Chinese" Type 56 is "more real" than their $2500+ "work of art". It would be nice to have the "solid evidence grenade" to toss back in their direction. I won't name names, but had 3 PM me since I posted my original T56 review with really snotty remarks. I've had MANY people PM me (including PTW owners) about the gun with genuine questions and interest, and was always glad to answer a friendly email. But those in particular, well, I had nothing to back up my claims and just ignored them. I didn't buy this gun to get into a pissing contest with anyone. I wanted the best AK on the market, and this is it. It sucks that some with elitist attitudes feel it necessary to turn it into an unprovoked pissing contest. Geez, I'm sorry if my "ultimate AK" cost 1/3 the price of your PTW and it's more realistic.

So PLEASE find that interview. I'm dying to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
...as a solid good performing ( I had to downgrade the spring as I use mine inside ) aeg.. its all in there. I'd buy another.. hell i'd buy 10
For the money, I think it woudl be hard to beat what JG offers. Both my MP5 and 416 have been performing flawlessly. I haven't opened the mechboxes on either gun to date, and put close to 2000 rounds through the MP5. It's held up very well to date. I suspect the 416 will perform just as well too.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; April 1st, 2008 at 17:50..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 17:19   #19
Rukus

I can attest to Schwag's work. I bought a JG MP5 and he did an internals upgrade for me, I love it. Well worth the extra cash. It's still working great, just need to mess around with the hop up a little but it's reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion