Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gas Charger Leakage Issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 7th, 2009, 11:11   #1
Darklen
Administrator

Gas Charger Leakage Issue

I have a TD Flashbang gas charger that leaks (not exactly like the one pictured below, but very similar). Leakage is from where the bottom plate attaches to the cylindrical body. I can not figure out if these parts are fused/glued together or screwed and sealed with an oring. As this is a clients property, I certainly do not wish to damage it attempting disassembly if at all possible. Has anyone had one of these part before or do they even come apart?

And just because I know someone will ask, yes I'm sure this is where it's leaking form and no where else. I submerged the entire charger when filled and that's where the bubbles came from.

Last edited by Darklen; November 7th, 2009 at 11:15..
Darklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 11:41   #2
coach
aka coachster

I have a similar one but in working condition but I've been meaning to attempt to repair Duckman's. His has a leak from the bottom as well.

have you unscrewed the large nut on top yet or tried to remove the fill valve? I'm hoping that one or both of these lock it to the body, otherwise I'd fear that it's all welded together.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:25   #3
coach
aka coachster

alright. just took mine apart or tried to at least. looks like the cylinder is the main reservoir and doesn't contain a reservoir inside it. the top nut removes the valve and nothing else.
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:43   #4
Darklen
Administrator

I've removed both the top valve assembly and the bottom fill valve. I can't tell if the top and bottom caps of the charger body are pressed, glued, fused or screwed on. I'd thought about cleaning the inside out with some degreaser and flowing a sealant of some sort on the inside, coating the bottom plate seam, but I'm not sure if the cleaning will pooch any oring that might be there or even if it will actually seal as you can't see into the inside of the body.
Old November 7th, 2009, 13:07   #5
coach
aka coachster

I don't think it's even an oring leaking but rather a crack in the seam. definitely a poor design but I don't know of any others out there.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner