Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gas gun?

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 21st, 2009, 23:54   #16
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

KJW is a good beginner brand just a few things I found when I was looking up their reviews

KJW Hicapa
The Hicapa you can obtain CO2 mags - DO NOT it will shred the internals and eventually you would have to purchase new slide or internals

KJW USP
Has a common trigger snap problem

KJW Glocks
Seek Nooblord posts about the glocks. He posts about it every pistol thread there is

But if you were looking for going Pistol Primary or just love to use your pistol I would point you towards Tokyo Marui as was already noted by Brian Mc he pretty much said it all excellent out of the box

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 23:56   #17
shifty51

Looking at some of your recent thread titles, and content, I would ask that you read the faqs. This is not to belittle your efforts to learn, but to help you enter more smoothly into the community. If you have any questions you feel are not answered here after having read both the faqs and running a quick search through the forum, give'r. I am not trying to be the voice of the community, this is simply me request. I only ask that you give the same respect to the knowledge that is already here on the site as you do those currently answering your questions, as i have seen alot of this recently, as in the past, and it grows quickly to spoon feeding.
Old April 21st, 2009, 23:58   #18
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Like CBC said, TM is the best you can get, but KJW is just a starter gun, if you've never touched a GBB before, just get a KJW, it'll be worth it for you, but if you want something that will last years, get a TM. I'm poor, so im mainly stuck with KJWs, but you wont ever see me complaining

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.

Last edited by Thenooblord; April 22nd, 2009 at 00:01..
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:29   #19
sortie39
Banned

tm 1911 is not recommanded for newbies,instead,considering functionality and performance,those KJW GBB pistols are nice choices!
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:33   #20
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sortie39 View Post
tm 1911 is not recommanded for newbies,instead,considering functionality and performance,those KJW GBB pistols are nice choices!
Why not? a TM 1911 is a perfect noob gun...

Opening it up and tuning it however should be left to experts.

There's no love for KSC... My KSC USP is a total work-horse... I've gotten kills with it using propane in -10 weather
G3SD6

Last edited by Amos; April 22nd, 2009 at 01:36..
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:54   #21
sortie39
Banned

it just depends,cuz a original tm1911 needs to be do lots of updating.those PMC steel slide,trigger and so on are obviously designed to fit tm1911 rather than a less economic WA1911.due to the updating and the original pistol cost,
those taiwan-made airsofts should be considered firstly.( thats my opinion,dont wanna argue with sb!)
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:06   #22
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortie39 View Post
it just depends,cuz a original tm1911 needs to be do lots of updating.those PMC steel slide,trigger and so on are obviously designed to fit tm1911 rather than a less economic WA1911.due to the updating and the original pistol cost,
those taiwan-made airsofts should be considered firstly.( thats my opinion,dont wanna argue with sb!)
A TM 1911 functions perfectly and is reliable out of the box on propane. Don't know what you're talking about.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:51   #23
Hippy Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post
KJW

KJW Hicapa
The Hicapa you can obtain CO2 mags - DO NOT it will shred the internals and eventually you would have to purchase new slide or internals

KJW USP
Has a common trigger snap problem

KJW Glocks
Seek Nooblord posts about the glocks. He posts about it every pistol thread there is

What about Beretta?
Hippy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:08   #24
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Even I dont know about them, but Ive seen them and i know they look good, and based on the quality of the glock and hicapa is say their probably pretty good too, but i cant be sure

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:13   #25
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy Killer View Post
What about Beretta?
The KJ M9 series isnt that bad, its nothing great but considering the cost they are actually not that bad. There have been a few instances where people have stated that the factory mag catches wear down fairly quickly.
Replacements are available and are fairly inexpensive as well.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:51   #26
Crunchmeister

I'll second the KJW M9. As T7 said, the mag catch does wear out rather fast though. Mine wore out and I had to reverse the catch to left hand configuration until I get a new one.

KSC Glocks are kickass too. My G17 is a beast. It's only performance upgrade is a tightbore barrel. It's killer accurate and I outrange some shorter AEGs with it. It's been my main pistol since I got it.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:35   #27
m102404
Tys

Similar to many others who have responded here...I've handled, owned, used several different GBB models from a variety of manufacturers.

Without a doubt, the TM HiCapa (either 4.3 or 5.1) works best for me. Accuracy, gas capacity, upgrades, etc...all those good reasons.

But instead of a specific recommendation...I'd recommend that you get your hands on as many different models as you can. It's a bit hard to tell the subtle differences between the same model from different manufacturers...but it's easy to tell which model feels best in your hands.

Some guys are most comfortable with Glocks, others with Sig 226, etc... Some just need to compensate for other shortcomings by going with a Desert Eagle (just kidding around...but you've got to wonder...). And there are "compact" varieties for each model. The SIG 226 has a "little" brother with the 229...I can't keep track of the variations of a Glock with out a spreadsheet...etc...

For example the USP Compact fits my hands quite well...but the USP doesn't. There isn't a single variation of the M9/92F that I feel comfortable with. I've owned a SIG226 on at least 3 separate occasions...but just don't seem to reach for it when it's game time.

Once you get narrowed down on a model...then research reviews on each manufacturers make of that particular one. Some are fantastic...others are not.

The best bang for your buck with regards to a GBB is one that doesn't break. They're overly complicated...there's lots of parts...the parts are not always easy to come by....

But man, oh man...are they ever fun!

Best of luck,

Tys

Last edited by m102404; April 22nd, 2009 at 09:38..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:13   #28
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
The KJ M9 series isnt that bad, its nothing great but considering the cost they are actually not that bad. There have been a few instances where people have stated that the factory mag catches wear down fairly quickly.
Replacements are available and are fairly inexpensive as well.
Didn't the KJW M9 ptp series also have a problem with the nozzles exploding into a thousand little pieces?
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:17   #29
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
Didn't the KJW M9 ptp series also have a problem with the nozzles exploding into a thousand little pieces?
PTP is KWA, not KJW.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:34   #30
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

My bad, keep getting those two mixed up.

Like Amos said, KSC or TM. Great choices out of those for reliability.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank