Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

First Gun G&G M4 Carbine from buyairsoft.ca - Bad news?? Recommendations?

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 14th, 2009, 16:45   #1
Rainman416

Send a message via MSN to Rainman416
First Gun G&G M4 Carbine from buyairsoft.ca - Bad news?? Recommendations?

Hi all,

Having just got the budget (still not huge) to finally get into airsoft, I impulsively selected the G4 carbine from www.buyairsoft.ca due to its apparant similarity to other G&G carbine's and its lower price (than that of 007 and mach1).

After reading through this forum I'm getting the idea that maybe this is not a great buy.
Anyone have any good news about this purchase?
Can it be upgraded sufficiently to make it to field ready status or should I sell it online for an upgrade?
Is it possible that the same G&G model from another site is better or are all the models within each company made the same.

Any help with all this would be great!

Thanks,
Rainman416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 17:26   #2
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

I would hold off and attempt to expand that budget more before purchasing anything.
How much more budget expansion? Enough so that your not buying from buyairsoft.
Unfortunetly it sounds like its to late and youve already made your purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman416 View Post
Hi all,
Can it be upgraded sufficiently to make it to field ready status or should I sell it online for an upgrade?
Is it possible that the same G&G model from another site is better or are all the models within each company made the same.
What do you mean by field ready status? As long as it fires it should technically be considered field ready.

It was previously explained in another thread that G&G essentially has three tiers of quality when it comes to these new guns. The ones buyairsoft sells would be the bottom of the barrel. Although they are the lowest they still are not that bad, a little preventative maintenance and you should be fine. Once you recieve your item have a local gun smith check it over, give it a reshim and a regrease. If its within your budget replace the spring guide with a quality bearing spring guide as well. Its been noted that G&G doesnt have the best quality gears, so gear replacement down the road could be a consideration, but I will leave that up to you.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 18:05   #3
baker_Jeff

Most reputable retailers have lower prices than BuyAirsoft anyways.

Out of the Game 04/22/16

Last edited by ILLusion; January 14th, 2009 at 18:43..
baker_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 02:39   #4
Rainman416

Really?

What are the other sites you know of?? I didn't search for too long but I only came across 007airsoft.com, mach1airsoft, and buyairsoft... and out of those buy was the cheapest.. but to be honest at the time I hadn't considered getting into the sport.. or I wouldn't have been as concerned with getting the cheaper one. Now thats all changed so I'm going to look into the gun smith inspection and maybe a couple upgrades..

On a side note..

Does "Tokyo Marui compatible" mean that all the parts that are built for Tokyo Marui guns should fit on?
Also, do you know the best place to find a good deal on a metal receiver for the M4?
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:57   #5
kalnaren

Quote:
What are the other sites you know of?? I didn't search for too long but I only came across 007airsoft.com, mach1airsoft, and buyairsoft... and out of those buy was the cheapest.. but to be honest at the time I hadn't considered getting into the sport.. or I wouldn't have been as concerned with getting the cheaper one. Now thats all changed so I'm going to look into the gun smith inspection and maybe a couple upgrades..

On a side note..

Does "Tokyo Marui compatible" mean that all the parts that are built for Tokyo Marui guns should fit on?
Also, do you know the best place to find a good deal on a metal receiver for the M4?
The answer to all those is to get age verified. The rest of the retailers sell through the forum here. Age verified means you meet with a rep, show them ID in person to prove you're 18+, then you have access to tons more stuff.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:14   #6
L473ncy

Quote:
1) They are clones so it won't be 100% compatible but should be something like 90-95% compatible.

2) Classifieds. (Need age verification though). All I can tell you is that you'll find most of what you want in the classifieds and they're in country.
Old January 17th, 2009, 14:04   #7
Rainman416

Thanks for the tips!

I'm thinkin now that I'll hold on to this one until I get the money to throw down on all the rest of the gear I need to get right into it, at which point I'll sell it on here or craigslist or somthing to make up a bit of cash for the new one.

Even if I can only get 200$ ($100 loss) for it It'll be like a $100 rental fee just to play with it for the winter and get a feel for it!

Hope it's a good Clone!
Old January 17th, 2009, 14:27   #8
super_six_four

Send a message via MSN to super_six_four
the cheaper you pay the cheaper quality you get ect.
super_six_four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 16:18   #9
L473ncy

Quote:
I'll sell it on here or craigslist or somthing to make up a bit of cash for the new one.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SELL IT ON CRAIGSLIST. If you do we will most likely shun you forever.

(That is unless you do the sale face to face and verify that the person you are selling to is indeed 18+ and seem responsible enough). However Classifieds will probably be your best bet as to selling it when you move up to a better gun. Who knows you may even be able to trade it plus some cash to someone looking for an upgrade platform.
Old February 10th, 2009, 13:15   #10
the_right_element

GETTING BACKJ TO THE G&G's G&G them selves have stated the guns are all the same there are no lower quality higher quality they are the exact same at the mettal versions just plastic reciver thats it
Old February 10th, 2009, 13:19   #11
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_right_element View Post
GETTING BACKJ TO THE G&G's G&G them selves have stated the guns are all the same there are no lower quality higher quality they are the exact same at the mettal versions just plastic reciver thats it
Most of us consider "plastic reciever" vs. "metal reciever" a pretty big difference....

And the ones branded "G&G", other than the clear plastic, are the same. It's the G&G ones branded "Combat Machine" that are different. So they can say "Yea, the G&G ones are the same."

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 13:34   #12
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_right_element View Post
Did you talk to G&G yourself? Because I've been told by someone talking to G&G that CAS guns follow 'CAS specifications'.
Old February 10th, 2009, 21:13   #13
zone 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Did you talk to G&G yourself? Because I've been told by someone talking to G&G that CAS guns follow 'CAS specifications'.
I think also 007 has there's made to there own specifications.

There LOGO for one.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:02   #14
McNea

007 G&G guns are CAS versions....which leads to believe above comment to be true, that all G&G are the same except plastic upper receiver on this model....G&G M4 Carbine Rec version. I also own this gun and personaly think it work flawlessly with a little maintenance and preventative care. A perfect higher grade AEG for beginner air softers, can be upgraded easily with G&G and TM clone parts. Very easy to disassemble for addons. Personal favorite, plastic receiver is very strong and durable over 100 games and no breaks, i removed handle for laser and scope, only problem is paint scratching on metal barrel. Very nice weight for plastic receiver, hop up is adjustable, and when you get that sweet spot is is pretty accurate about a 7/10, which is good for a stock rifle. I custom made a silencer from an old airsoft shotgun, about 9inch long barrel,added a caliper on the end so it can thread onto M4 pre exsisting threads. Barrels line up perfect and sung, extends barrel about 8inches, seems to make shots slightly more accurate 7.8/10, which helps alot.

---great gun for beginner airsofters hands down, you wont be disappointed
McNea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:08   #15
WARFIGHTER
formerly Knyte

Yea I here there are a few fairly thorough reviews of these floating around...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank