Defining a sniper rifle

:

General

Old December 3rd, 2007, 18:42   #46
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Good job, I salute you, too many people have been buying semi-auto sniper rifles lately.
Some of us are unfortunately left handed with a rifle, makes it damned inconvenient when all the ones on the market are right handed :P.

APSIISV is a perfect starter bolt action rifle. Parts are easy to get, perhaps not as easy the TM VSR-10, but easy enough. The rifle is built solid and has tonnes of external accessories available for it as well. However if you do get one of these, the best upgrade part you'll want is the PDI adj. hop-up unit; this will not only get you adj. hop-up but actually let you use AEG barrels, so you can go tightbore and longer lengths. More info on the APSII if you want to look into it:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/search.php?searchid=880908

But I'm pining for a CAM24, might just have to learn to shoot on the other shoulder...

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 18:47   #47
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Ronan; if you know the definition is not true; dont post it here...

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 18:59   #48
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Still waiting for someone to correct dictionary.com

Also i never stated that their definition was true, just that it was THEIR definition.
And how is somebody going to do that?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 19:02   #49
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous View Post
Some of us are unfortunately left handed with a rifle, makes it damned inconvenient when all the ones on the market are right handed :P.

APSIISV is a perfect starter bolt action rifle. Parts are easy to get, perhaps not as easy the TM VSR-10, but easy enough. The rifle is built solid and has tonnes of external accessories available for it as well. However if you do get one of these, the best upgrade part you'll want is the PDI adj. hop-up unit; this will not only get you adj. hop-up but actually let you use AEG barrels, so you can go tightbore and longer lengths. More info on the APSII if you want to look into it:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/search.php?searchid=880908

But I'm pining for a CAM24, might just have to learn to shoot on the other shoulder...
I'm left handed... and I find it easier to work the bolt that way...

Holding the gun into my left shoulder I find it alot easier to work the bolt with my right hand...
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 19:08   #50
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Still waiting for someone to correct dictionary.com

Also i never stated that their definition was true, just that it was THEIR definition.
And if you knew their definition was so inaccurate.................... why did you even bother to post it here?
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 19:22   #51
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
And if you knew their definition was so inaccurate.................... why did you even bother to post it here?
Because i thought it was funny for a reputable source to have such an inaccurate definition? If you would also notice that i gave him the airsoft one also.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 19:55   #52
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Build your own. I did.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 20:04   #53
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
I'm left handed... and I find it easier to work the bolt that way...

Holding the gun into my left shoulder I find it alot easier to work the bolt with my right hand...
Yes, but you realise that in the standing position your sights will drop from the weight of the rifle, not that you can't counter this. However standard practice is that its the hand thats on the trigger that should pull the bolt, not only for safety reason but its also a lot more fluid. I finally got my first left hand bolt action in real steel, until not all my bolt actions have been right handed, and let me tell you, the difference is amazing.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Old December 3rd, 2007, 20:08   #54
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
A guy on arnies has a mod to make the vsr left handed his username is something along the lines of the bauer. Bean to the rescue on another vsr related topic.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 20:19   #55
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Because i thought it was funny for a reputable source to have such an inaccurate definition? If you would also notice that i gave him the airsoft one also.
Then you should have posted the sarcasism regarding the definition since none of us picked up on your intent. Guess you earned 'wanker' again, eh? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
Build your own. I did.
Didn't you also break it?
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 20:26   #56
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Then you should have posted the sarcasism regarding the definition since none of us picked up on your intent. Guess you earned 'wanker' again, eh? Lol

Nuff said Mr Sniper.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 20:29   #57
Dracheous
Lego Head

So if Stalker has the rifle, that you hugging his lower regions and releasing use of your rear to him? ...

fucked up dude.

wanker

Old December 3rd, 2007, 20:31   #58
Donster

Quote:
So if Stalker has the rifle, that you hugging his lower regions and releasing use of your rear to him? ...

fucked up dude.

wanker
HAAHAHAHAHA
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 20:51   #59
LUTNIT

Toque instead of ballcap or boonie.
No smoke from a half lit cigarette.
No tampons.
Um, that can't possibly be Stalker

If you want to go SPR, get a PTW and a DOFF custom 6.01mm 510mm long tightbore and an M150 cylinder running a 12V battery. Other than that leave airsoft armalites for, well, the garbage can.

I'm building myself a PTW SPR for next summer and have already figured out how to work the slings so I can have my PTW CQB-R on me at the same time and be able to swap between them really fast. I'm gunning for more of the designated marksman rifle, ~450fps, not 550fps like some PTW users in Asia and Europe.

My biggest gripe with snipers is newb snipers, not because they don't work so well because they don't have the experience but because they can't judge distances, panic sometimes, etc. etc. I've been shot in the throat from a 399fps normal AEG from a newb from under 10' because he didn't know to call a surrender instead of shooting, nor did he aim for the torso by default but the head. If I was in control anyone starting airsoft would be limited to 325fps for the first year or 20 games, which ever came first. That of course is another story.

My definition of a sniper rifle in airsoft: any weapon in the hands of someone who knows how to use it REALLY well. Stalker has made kills with his MP5 that less experienced players can't make with a 500fps sniper rifle.

I agree with Stalkers comment about any gun over 400fps should not be a primary and anyone found walking around with it willy nilly like when on patrol should be asked to not use it anymore that day, put it back in their car trunk. Its not called a "SPECIAL purpose rifle" for nothing.

Last edited by LUTNIT; December 3rd, 2007 at 20:57..
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 21:02   #60
Ronan

Quote:

fucked up dude.

wanker
Want some love also?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General