Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Lacking the courage to get out and play.

:

General

Old November 11th, 2014, 22:15   #1
mrjaybles123
Banned

Lacking the courage to get out and play.

Hey guys so I have this physical problem that affects my coordination or my motor skills like running, etc. So basically I want to get out and play but Im worried that people will laugh at me because of my problem. What should I do!?
mrjaybles123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 22:16   #2
chaz

dont run, sneak?
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 22:21   #3

I personally haven't seen this happen, otherwise I'd say something unpleasant to a person who would do something like that. Can you perform physical tasks that are usually required for a normal airsoft/paintball game? I'm talking about regular skirmish type of a scenario. If you can than find a group of mature individuals who understand your condition and who believe that everyone is entitled to have fun.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 22:27   #4
mrjaybles123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I personally haven't seen this happen, otherwise I'd say something unpleasant to a person who would do something like that. Can you perform physical tasks that are usually required for a normal airsoft/paintball game? I'm talking about regular skirmish type of a scenario. If you can than find a group of mature individuals who understand your condition and who believe that everyone is entitled to have fun.
Yes I have played games of paintball before with my older cousin and no one said anything...
mrjaybles123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 22:33   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I can't speak for your area, but in general we're pretty good about that sort of thing. We're not going to force you to do anything you don't want to do.
Just make your condition known, but don't feel bad, there's plenty of shit to trip on in the field to make us all look stupid lol
I've fell flat on my face running full speed with my 249 at least twice after getting my foot caught in barbed wire hidden under matted grass -_-
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 22:52   #6
waylander

LOL, my first big skirmish game I was coming down a narrow really steep stairwell from a tower and my foot slipped about half way down. I fell down the rest of the stairs on my ass, lost everything in my dump pouch and my pistol came out of its holster. My tail bone hurt like hell for 2 weeks!

As stated most airsofters are pretty mature and a good bunch of guys. You're going to find most are going to encourage you, not make fun of you. In the end, even if someone decides to poke fun, ignore them and have fun, don't let a few jackasses stop you from having fun. I bet if anyone actually said anything they'd be called down for it by everyone else.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 23:21   #7
nstahl.19

Lol damn bruh. I would have been very concerned about my gun and optic.
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 23:36   #8
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I biffed it running across flat cement and smashed by $2,000 gun all over the ground.

You have physical limitations the same as everyone else. If you can traverse a variety of terrain and shoot straight, without keeling over from a heart attack, you can play. Just do it at your own pace. If you're in a wheelchair, then outdoor airsoft may not be for you. But whatever your challenges are, it's up to you to push yourself comfortably, and any groups out there should be reasonably accommodating.
Old November 11th, 2014, 23:44   #9
GR

As most previous guys said, as long as you can perform some of the required functions (aiming, holding the weapon, etc), most people are mature enough to accommodate and maybe even support you (that's one of the biggest things I like the sport - the community) . Just make sure you let the players/game organizers know before hand, to avoid harsh words being thrown around.

Also, as someone mentioned above, if someone were to make fun of you, I'm pretty sure the rest of guys/game organizers at the field would be looking down on them. In any case, just ignore, world has too many a**... (not good people) to worry about every single one of them.

Last edited by GR; November 11th, 2014 at 23:47..
GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 00:04   #10
L473ncy

There are old farts who smoke like it's going out of style (also "tactical mall ninjas" that get winded walking up a flight of stairs) I don't think you'll be at that much of a disadvantage but seriously the community is great but I can't speak for your area. Just be selective of which groups you play with and you'll have no problem. I'm not going to sugar coat it and tell you everything is just peachy when there are bad groups out there just avoid playing with them. Be safe in the safe zone and don't misfire in the safe zone if your coordination/motor skills are poor and you'll be fine.

Just wondering, it's not something like Cerebral Palsy is it? Personally I'm fine with it in day to day but it would be a bit weird if someone were to show up to a game with it, I'd honestly probably do a double take but other than that I'd try to be welcoming and make sure any new player has a good time.
Old November 12th, 2014, 00:17   #11
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
If I recall correctly, I remember seeing a post about a guy who plays and he's stuck in a wheelchair. They made a chassis for it that mounted LMGS, shields and Grenade launchers and such and managed to make special rules for him that everyone agreed to.

Given that as an example I would expect you to fit in pretty much seamlessly and if anyone gives you a hard time I'll get together an ASC kickstarter to fly me wherever they live so I can kick their ignorant ass.

Airsoft is for everyone.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 00:36   #12
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Go with friends if you need support.

But I think people will look uppon you with a lot of respect, especially for having the guts to play and have fun even with your disability.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 00:37   #13
Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
If I recall correctly, I remember seeing a post about a guy who plays and he's stuck in a wheelchair. They made a chassis for it that mounted LMGS, shields and Grenade launchers and such and managed to make special rules for him that everyone agreed to.

Given that as an example I would expect you to fit in pretty much seamlessly and if anyone gives you a hard time I'll get together an ASC kickstarter to fly me wherever they live so I can kick their ignorant ass.

Airsoft is for everyone.
That's why I used the word "may". The important thing is that you enjoy what you're doing.
Old November 12th, 2014, 02:01   #14
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
http://blog.airsoft-squared.com/incr...n-airsoft-tank

Here it is. The ground he's on isn't swampy roughfuck anklekiller wooded stuff, but it's still fairly outdoorsy. Megaprops.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 05:06   #15
Ricochet

That's pretty impressive, good for him. I'm curious as to his chair's off road capabilities.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General