Designated marksman rifle

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 19:21   #17
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWulf View Post
no english is my first and only i just goten lazy at typeing over the past 10 years of useing the internet and schooling suckin lol. they dun help u do much. im 25 btw.

whats a DMR?
designated marksman rifle
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 19:27   #18
CrazyWulf

Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyWulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
There are a few things you need to know

If you intend on getting a gun WITHOUT a clear plastic receiver (upper receiver in the case of the MP5) in Canada, then the ASC classifieds ARE your only option. That's it. No stores sell them anywhere due to their very muddy legal status as replica firearms.

Secondly, yes, there are retailers that sell in the classifieds and have new guns, although new guns of the CA calibre aren't appearing as often as they used to. Chances are, regardless what brand you're looking for, you're pretty much stuck buying used.

Thirdly - in response to "if i wanted to wait that long i wouldent be posting now owuld i?" don't ask to buy guns outside of the AV sections of the forum. It's against the rules and will get you at best infraction points, and at worse a temporary ban.

As for the barrel length, the MP5 is fine. My custom MP5 (built on CA externals) has a standard length barrel and I can easily hit a man size target at 125 foot ranges without a problem.
oh ok and dident know asking outside av areas about buying airsoft guns was that bad. and that remark was regarding questions about wich mp5 i should buy lol. i probly will wait till im aved before even atempting to buy a airsoft gun so ya i can see what the classifiseds are all about.

ok im sorry fer wasteing all ur time. u have all given me great info. ill wait till im aved before asking any more questions so im not baned fer something i didnet know i wasent allowed to do and yes ive read most of the FAQ threads in FAQ section.

only reason i keep thinking ill haveta upgrade the barrel after i buy is couse people keep saying that in outdoor play the mp5 wont match let alone be good agents anything out there im up agenst? so in that case makes me think go m16 instead but i hate looks of m16. so from what i been told and read next best step was to switch out into longerbarel.

sorry im such a newbie and asking dumbass questions. dident relize EVERY single AEG that was bought online/in person at a store ha dto be upgraded and only way to avoid that was to buy HERE on forums

and im not 18- i am 18+ incase u think ima stupid teenager like many others ive seen have been. check me out on face book shaun castle barrie network

btw this iant all dorected at u Crunchmeister uve given me some great info ty so have the rest of u
CrazyWulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 19:29   #19
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWulf View Post
no english is my first and only i just goten lazy at typeing over the past 10 years of useing the internet and schooling suckin lol. they dun help u do much. im 25 btw.
Just a piece of advice: if you want people on this forum to take you seriously, put some effort into your posts. Otherwise people will start to question why they should put take the effort to answer you when you can't be bothered to put forth the effort to type in proper English. Your posts are bordering on difficult to read.

The above isn't meant to be a flame or anything. Just trying to make everyone's life easier.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 19:34   #20
CrazyWulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Just a piece of advice: if you want people on this forum to take you seriously, put some effort into your posts. Otherwise people will start to question why they should put take the effort to answer you when you can't be bothered to put forth the effort to type in proper English. Your posts are bordering on difficult to read.

The above isn't meant to be a flame or anything. Just trying to make everyone's life easier.
i know and sometimes i do try to. i dont mean to make peoples life hard when it comes to reading my posts. i was never taught how to spell all the way threw highschool and was never tought proper english. so i mix up words use short forms. and ya sometimes i even ferget to hit the space bar in the right spots. its how i been sincces i was born and im sorry..

if ive seemed rude threw this thread i am really sorry i dont mean to be. i dont mean to come off as an asshole or anything.

sorry fer makeing everyones life harder. please forgive me
Old May 13th, 2009, 19:35   #21
Crunchmeister

Barrels aren't the be-all, end-all of range. Your hopup will have more of an effect on that than the barrel will. Those who have seen, tried, and been on the receiving end of my MP5 have been amazed at both its range and accuracy, especially considering its velocity (formerly 330 fps, now 350).

And shit, last weekend I was getting 100 foot range kills outdoors using my pistol (Glock 17). A longer barrel will give you a bit of extra range, but it's not everything.
Old May 13th, 2009, 19:42   #22
CrazyWulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Barrels aren't the be-all, end-all of range. Your hopup will have more of an effect on that than the barrel will. Those who have seen, tried, and been on the receiving end of my MP5 have been amazed at both its range and accuracy, especially considering its velocity (formerly 330 fps, now 350).

And shit, last weekend I was getting 100 foot range kills outdoors using my pistol (Glock 17). A longer barrel will give you a bit of extra range, but it's not everything.

oh ok. good to know. thank you .

i still have alot to learn
Old May 13th, 2009, 19:47   #23
Skladfin

inner barrels length have nothing to do with range.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 19:58   #24
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
basically the BB has a bit more space to stabilize itself, giving better consistancy, but honestly, a longer tightbore inner barrel in a MP5SD couldn't hurt, the silencer is already there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 20:04   #25
CrazyWulf

ok and the mp5 a series cant have a silancer? i like the front grip on them better example
http://www.classicarmy.com/new/produ...roducts_id=247

is a mp5 a series from what ive read.

im thinkin after talking with my wife i would perfer a stock gun so as i learn about airsoft i can learn about my gun and how it works and upgrade it slowly. i like to learn all i can

sorry everyone im trying to type slower and better.
Old May 13th, 2009, 20:07   #26
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
remove the flash-hider to reveal the 14mm (neg?) thread. Although if your getting a MP5A something, then it's completely up to you whether you get a silencer AND a longer inner barrel, personally I would leave it as it is. The reason I had said you should get one for the SD is because the silencer and the extra space is already there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 20:10   #27
CrazyWulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuhaoyang View Post
remove the flash-hider to reveal the 14mm (neg?) thread. Although if your getting a MP5A something, then it's completely up to you whether you get a silencer AND a longer inner barrel, personally I would leave it as it is. The reason I had said you should get one for the SD is because the silencer and the extra space is already there.
oh ok dident think of that. only reason i dont like sd version is that round foregrip looks like a dubble silancer. can u change the foregrip on the sd? i see what u mean tho would make more sense to get the sd if i wanted a silancer and longer barrel
Old May 13th, 2009, 20:34   #28
CrazyWulf

oh fergot to ask in other threads or i dont know were. should i worrie about a sidearm or just stick with my first AEG rifle? and what exactly would a DMR be? i know what it stands for but could u give me a gun example?
Old May 13th, 2009, 20:44   #29
Jonoats
Banned

if your getting an Mp5 don't worry about a sidearm unless you want one lol, and barrel length has absolutely almost nothing to do with accuracy, my G&G mp5A5 came stock with a reinforced (Steel not zinc) mechbox, and tightbore barrel, shooting 350 at 18 bps. I only play outdoors and it performs way better than my AK which shoots 410fps at 11bps, with a madbull 6.03 tightbore and guarder improved hopup. If your going the Mp5 way I highly suggest this model, there may be better companies out there but for the price and performance this one is crazy. Side note though, if your playing outdoors always use 0.25g plus, they may travel slower than 0.2g bb's when they exit the barrel, but at 90 feet they are traveling faster than that 0.2g.

DMR - Designated Marksman Rifle : basically a sniper, but with semi auto, (in airsoft sometimes they got full auto lol) an m14 would be an example.
Jonoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 20:55   #30
CrazyWulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonoats View Post
if your getting an Mp5 don't worry about a sidearm unless you want one lol, and barrel length has absolutely almost nothing to do with accuracy, my G&G mp5A5 came stock with a reinforced (Steel not zinc) mechbox, and tightbore barrel, shooting 350 at 18 bps. I only play outdoors and it performs way better than my AK which shoots 410fps at 11bps, with a madbull 6.03 tightbore and guarder improved hopup. If your going the Mp5 way I highly suggest this model, there may be better companies out there but for the price and performance this one is crazy. Side note though, if your playing outdoors always use 0.25g plus, they may travel slower than 0.2g bb's when they exit the barrel, but at 90 feet they are traveling faster than that 0.2g.

DMR - Designated Marksman Rifle : basically a sniper, but with semi auto, (in airsoft sometimes they got full auto lol) an m14 would be an example.
ah ok cool ty. was thinking G&G couse i met a guy on here who has a shope i can buy one from. and yes im 18+ lol.

wouldent the heavyer bb wreck the gun? i allways read that u should stick to req bbs by the manufacture like .12 .2g etc

i was thinkin of an ak47 instead of mp5 but from what i understand an mp5 would be easyer to get parts for.

glad i dont need a sidearm lol. that would be like another 200-300$ lol
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank