Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA G36 Disassembly with Prowin hopup.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 3rd, 2010, 16:32   #1
Strelok

CA G36 Disassembly with Prowin hopup.

Hey guys.

Bought a used/upgraded G36 a while back, and haven't had much time to look into it until just recently. Turns out I need to replace the hopup rubber and bucking. It has a pro-win hopup unit installed.

Now, Disassembling g36's aren't much of an issue for me originally, but this one just doesn't want to comply. The barrel assembly normally pulls out with the 3 screws out, but it only budged a half-inch or so and no more.

I have a feeling that the Pro-win hopup is somehow catching it or something (It fixes onto the mechbox shell), and I can't even get the gearbox to budge out either without having the barrel assembly out of the way.

Any ideas?

Pictures/video on request.

Last edited by Strelok; July 3rd, 2010 at 16:42..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 18:49   #2
nitroman

hey, well you are in luck, I am dissembling my G36 for the 4th time :P, no problems just alignment, anyways if I understand you right, you will have to remove the three screws that hold the barrel in, be careful there is a bolt on the other side that will fall off so keep your hand under. two long and one longer screw, then pull the assembly caqrefully forward off the gun frame, now with the mag holder pin removed and the screw at the but stock hinge plate removed the mech box will come up by the front first then slid off, but you will only need to remove the barrel, the mech box doesent need to be at the moment. if you want I can do a quick video on how to do this, will be uploading in a few hours the video of the gun disassembled.
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 18:53   #3
nitroman

I may have missed something, being you said you had all the screws out, any electrical conector in the way, looking at mine that is not much else, that and the pin for the mag base should be out, Id just look around and see if there is anything binding. msg me if you have any detals so I know what to look for next time if it happens to me.

thanks

Eric aka "not-timmy"
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner