Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Anybody wants glowing BB, Black BB?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old February 11th, 2009, 09:09   #16
HaZarD SFD

Will gladly take .25 and .28 Red Tracer BBs..
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:46   #17
skalnok

for tracers, red, blue or purple would be amazing
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 23:51   #18
G.I. Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
for the tracers, if they come in good weights (.25-.28) and are good quality, than i would be interested.
yeah I'd grab a bag or two in .25 or .28g If they were of a high quality manufacture. Im thinking the black for winter games.
Good Idea Huang
G.I. Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 23:03   #19
Disco_Dante

Do the glowing BBs require a tracer unit?

I'd buy both glowing and black BBs as long as they were high quality and in .20, and .25.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 23:29   #20
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
Yes.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 23:34   #21
Disco_Dante

Thanks.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 00:24   #22
KND
* AV revoked *

I'm interesting too. I really like to see the BBs go straight and hit the target.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:25   #23
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Quote:
If you are referring to the TM silencer-type tracer unit, than the answer is "that's not the only option". You can also get some magazines that will 'charge' the BB's, not necessarily as bright though.

However, you could also modify your own magazines (though their capacity may be restricted) and equip them with more powerful LED's and batteries to get an equally as good "illumination".

The one thing I don't like about the TM unit is it's threads are plastic, so it's not something I'd be ok with knocking around, which, especially at night, would not always be easy.

The nice thing about the magazines, is if you have night vision equipment you can swap in a infrared LED so only you can see the tracers.
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:27   #24
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushak View Post
If you are referring to the TM silencer-type tracer unit, than the answer is "that's not the only option". You can also get some magazines that will 'charge' the BB's, not necessarily as bright though.

However, you could also modify your own magazines (though their capacity may be restricted) and equip them with more powerful LED's and batteries to get an equally as good "illumination".

The one thing I don't like about the TM unit is it's threads are plastic, so it's not something I'd be ok with knocking around, which, especially at night, would not always be easy.

The nice thing about the magazines, is if you have night vision equipment you can swap in a infrared LED so only you can see the tracers.
Only the old version had plastic threads, but that model has since been discontinued. The New Model has aluminum threads.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:30   #25
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Ah nice, good to learn something new. Is the setup similar enough to the old version that I could swap in the aluminum threads? Or is it a completely re-designed?
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:31   #26
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:

that is the frikkin COOLEST idea ever, oh the possibilities!
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:36   #27
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Ah nice, good to learn something new. Is the setup similar enough to the old version that I could swap in the aluminum threads? Or is it a completely re-designed?
It's completely redesigned.

They've gotten rid of all those stupid adapter pieces from the old version and now it's just a 14mm- metal threaded adapter. Keeps it simple, especially since threaded ends are almost the standard now.

The overall length is about the same as the old version using the short casing.

The new design has several other design improvements. A new external push "click" switch makes turning the unit on and off much easier. Also, the new battery cap is MUCH more secure than the old version.

Marketing claims also indicate that this new unit reduces the visible flash from the old unit, although I've yet to use mine to be able to prove that.

I personally thought the muzzle flash of the old version to be pretty neat, which is why I haven't decided to let mine go yet.

Last edited by ILLusion; February 18th, 2009 at 02:41..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:14   #28
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
They've gotten rid of all those stupid adapter pieces from the old version and now it's just a 14mm- metal threaded adapter. Keeps it simple, especially since threaded ends are almost the standard now.
boo. then the old plastic adapters to use on say an MP5 SD are no longer available?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:33   #29
Lotech

Glow BB's, yes please. I have a new version TM tracer unit and attached it to a KWA G36C with a lipo and it looks like a laser when shooting in full auto. I have some green but if I could get red or orange that would be great.

"If life was easy, we'd all have one" LOTECH

Last edited by Lotech; February 18th, 2009 at 09:38..
Lotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 17:42   #30
Sha Do

I'd actually like to see Huang get in decent tracer mag unit in (comparable to the G&G one's...or is it G&P??), in assorted models (MP5, AR, AK, G3...etc). In either case, $45-$50 a pop for the existing AR version is a little unrealistic, as they are standard mid caps, and you'd want more than one or two for your load out (it'll get pricey).
As for the tracer BBs themselves, a reasonably good grade in a 0.20s and 0.25s are already available (around $18 USD for 1000), but they are a bugger to source and a pain to ship in for a reasonable price. So a local supplier would be nice.
As well, I'd would be very interested in 0.30 and 0.36 weight tracer BBs...if anyone ever decided to make them.

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion