:

General

Old September 9th, 2007, 11:51   #1
airsoftunited

Smile Airsoft United needs YOU

Hey guys!

http://airsoftunited.com/index.php

We NEED you!

Our intent is to be THE international airsoft “Hub”, packed full of reviews, resources, and in-depth information – But we need you to make it happen.

In addition to the general forums, we’re in the process of re-vamping our “local” tools, which will help support teams, players and field owners.

We have a great new classifieds area (yes, 18+ for Canadians), gallery, and review centre that we need to fill up.

So come make an account, strut your stuff, and help build THE international airsoft community

Let us know how we’re doing, and what you would like to see

We're also looking for some mods, so if you think your up to it, let me know!

Last edited by airsoftunited; October 24th, 2007 at 22:55..
airsoftunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:00   #2
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Will the classified be 18+?

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:33   #3
gunscythe

It'll be nice to see another verification system come up anyway. We're using our own verification system up here because there are no ASC verifiers in the North.
gunscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 18:46   #4
airsoftunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunscythe View Post
It'll be nice to see another verification system come up anyway. We're using our own verification system up here because there are no ASC verifiers in the North.
We're working on a system that doesn’t rely so heavily on reps...Any suggestions?
Old September 9th, 2007, 19:03   #5
QcWarzone

Send a message via Skype™ to QcWarzone
Credit cards, you can charge a 1$ in the name of the card holder...you need to be 18 to have a CC... my two cents

GEAR:
FM CQB M4
G&G M14
KJS USP Compact
VFC SCAR L Tan

Membre en regle du FFAT et porte parole
QcWarzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 19:03   #6
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcWarzone View Post
Credit cards, you can charge a 1$ in the name of the card holder...you need to be 18 to have a CC... my two cents
Not if you're co-signed. A parent can issue a secondary card to a child (even a minor) under their own name.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 19:09   #7
Scooby Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Not if you're co-signed. A parent can issue a secondary card to a child (even a minor) under their own name.
Correct. There's also this:

http://www.muchmusic.com/muchmusiccard/teen.asp
Scooby Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 20:35   #8
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcWarzone View Post
I've had a credit card since I was 15 years old.
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 21:05   #9
airsoftunited

I THINK when the payment goes through, you can see if it's a youth account...?
Old September 9th, 2007, 23:09   #10
Apoc_
Eagle Eye

G'day,

As I understand these secondary/kiddie cards, the primary holder gets all the bills and is legally responsible for everything, not just for payments of the bills. I could be wrong there, I've never had a kid nor an underage credit card.

Of course, this assumes a responsible parent who checks the statements and sees that little Johnny/Janey bought a "gun" and acts accordingly. Just because they trust thier child with plastic doesn't mean they'll trust 'em with an airsoft gun.

No matter to me, I'm verified now. P-ha! (Sorry to jack the thread)

APOCALYPSE - TEAM HELLFISH
Apoc_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 23:10   #11
Apoc_
Eagle Eye

Question G'day,

To put the thread back on topic: I'm assuming the Airsoft United contest giving away an AEG is not open to Canadians? Or will the $300 go towards something bought from 007 or A&A?

APOCALYPSE - TEAM HELLFISH
Apoc_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 23:18   #12
airsoftunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc_ View Post
To put the thread back on topic: I'm assuming the Airsoft United contest giving away an AEG is not open to Canadians? Or will the $300 go towards something bought from 007 or A&A?
Yes, correct it will go towards a purchase.
Old September 10th, 2007, 00:11   #13
gunscythe

new verification system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoftunited View Post
We're working on a system that doesn’t rely so heavily on reps...Any suggestions?
Yes, I do.

I think that everyone playing airsoft SHOULD have an PAL/FAC. It means that you have basic firearm training.

Take your PAL to an RCMP detachment, and get someone there to verify you (with your PAL and other ID). This, unlike ASC, will be a LEGAL verification.

I'll set something up nationally, and the RCMP member can send me an e-mail regarding your verification, and bam - you're on the list.

The verification will mean "he has a PAL and he's 18+".

This way we use PALs, the RCMP gets involved, and now anyone in the country can get verified.

Maybe this sounds dumb, but you if you are all up for it I'll try and get the ball rolling. I think it'd work.

The "reps" become RCMP. Who are everywhere....

What do you think?
gunscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:40   #14
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunscythe View Post
Yes, I do.

I think that everyone playing airsoft SHOULD have an PAL/FAC. It means that you have basic firearm training.

Take your PAL to an RCMP detachment, and get someone there to verify you (with your PAL and other ID). This, unlike ASC, will be a LEGAL verification.

I'll set something up nationally, and the RCMP member can send me an e-mail regarding your verification, and bam - you're on the list.

The verification will mean "he has a PAL and he's 18+".

This way we use PALs, the RCMP gets involved, and now anyone in the country can get verified.

Maybe this sounds dumb, but you if you are all up for it I'll try and get the ball rolling. I think it'd work.

The "reps" become RCMP. Who are everywhere....

What do you think?

Without reference to the merit of airsofters getting PAL/FACs, what you're suggesting will result in the same bottlenecks we're experiencing with the current system.

For one, I seriously doubt the RCMP will be keen on putting manpower on enforcing what would essentially be a bylaw for a private club. And even if it did, most likely you'd find verification suddenly incurring a $50 service fee.

And secondly, the most important part, is once the RCMP has verified someone you're back to where we are now: most players aren't having much trouble meeting with reps, but people complain about the delay between meeting the rep an actually getting "verified" status online. This is currently completely volunteered efforts, and it would be the same volunteers getting bombarded with RCMP verifications. In fact they'd have an even heavier workload because they'd have to re-verify already verified people with the new RCMP verifications. And you'd still have to deal with hunting down the right user ID that goes with the verification and people not providing quite the right name (think that doesn't happen? Take a good look at my sig.) And Airsoft United still doesn't have a means to verify people.
Old October 24th, 2007, 22:58   #15
airsoftunited

We're still looking for members, so come check it out!

Last edited by airsoftunited; October 24th, 2007 at 23:03..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General