Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Information about bunkers needed

:

General

Old December 22nd, 2005, 23:31   #1
Jackals

Send a message via MSN to Jackals Send a message via Skype™ to Jackals
Information about bunkers needed

I am sorry if this has been mentioned before, I tried doing a search but didnt come up with much of anything.

I am looking at hosting a small indoor pistol game in Ottawa, however all the indoor flelds in Ottawa have the plastic Inflatable paintball bunkers. Has anyone ever tested to see if these bunkers can withstand a bbs with stock pistols or AEGs?

Thanks,
Jackals/Chef
Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:53   #2
zero delay

We used to play at a indoor facility that had inflatable bunkers during the winter months once in awhile, as a change from the snow, it had inflatable bunkers and they with stood upgraded AEG fire fine, but having said that there is likely variance in the thicknes of materials the different manufactures use to construct those things.
zero delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 06:41   #3
Greylocks

Check the thickness of the bunker's material if you can. Ask the indoor range what happens if they get pierced.
Sometimes, stuff that will stand up to a strong impact from a large projectile (large in surface), will get pierced by a lighter and smaller projectile. The principle between a baseball bat and a needle.
So the bunkers may stand a blow, but not a pin-prick.
Check what they charge if their equipment gets damaged.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:23   #4
Eddie

Send a message via MSN to Eddie
Another variable that may be a factor is how much air is inflated into the bunkers. Most bunkers are made out of PVC fabric or vinyl reinforced polyester (AFAIK)
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:05   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Seen the pics of the place and those bunkers are butt ugly. Large blue, red, yellow balls. Said it before, it'd be like CQB action in the Ikea ball room for kids.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:12   #6
nemesis_83

Cant they just use sandbags? I mean they are easy and cheap to make and will withstand any kind of fire, and if they get damaged then simply glue the hole and fill it with more sand.
nemesis_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:46   #7
Digital_Assasin

Not as cheap as the bunkers for the given size. Also the bunker are a lot easier to move around to change the field.
Digital_Assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:56   #8
nemesis_83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Assasin
Not as cheap as the bunkers for the given size. Also the bunker are a lot easier to move around to change the field.
True, but i'm thinking milsim, lol, nothing beats runnin in to a field setting up and waiting for the enemy, you can always have sandbags compressed with wood shavings, although this is not a good idea for rainy days, another idea would be crushed styrofoam inside the bag, would be very light and very resistant to AEG fire, but it could be too light and easy to knock down if you run in to it, you could always make a canvas type bunker like the windbreakers people use at the beach, easy to setup, its light, it will work but you take away from the realism. and last but not least sandbags with a mix of sand and styrofoam would add a bit of weight but still be light enough that a kid could carry it

there are many possibilities, it all depends on what people feel comfortable with.
nemesis_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:08   #9
Digital_Assasin

Did you read the original post?

Quote:
I am looking at hosting a small indoor pistol game in Ottawa, however all the indoor flelds in Ottawa have the plastic Inflatable paintball bunkers. Has anyone ever tested to see if these bunkers can withstand a bbs with stock pistols or AEGs?
Digital_Assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:35   #10
Jackals

Send a message via MSN to Jackals Send a message via Skype™ to Jackals
little off topic now arent we. So I need a bottom line here, based on general knowelge will a gbb runing propane break one of these bunkers or a stock AEG.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:42   #11
JOHNUSA

No, it won't. I have done it many times.

You are fine. It doesn't take away from the function of the game except bbs don't break on impact and tend to ricochet off the balloons.

HNIC
JOHNUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General