Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mini-feature update

:

ASC News and Announcements

Old April 14th, 2006, 04:56   #1
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

Mini-feature update

Just a little convenience add-on I'd been meaning to do for awhile. Some people are on larger display screens and may find the site becomes too wide.

At the very bottom left of the page, you'll find a drop-down box to select different styles for ASC. Right now there are just 2 basic ones - default, and hypercells (a navigation tool, if you haven't used it before, give it a try). I've now added both those options in different fixed sizes - 1024 and 1280 for people with larger screens. Hope it helps.

That's all...
MMMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 05:47   #2
nic_s

Nice, I really like that!
Old April 14th, 2006, 08:27   #3
bronney

Send a message via ICQ to bronney
Good stuff John I feel the love
Old April 14th, 2006, 13:05   #4
DanOnymus

Send a message via MSN to DanOnymus
Nice gesture for those with larger screens that end up wasting hals their screens when browsing the board!

I just feel left out with my 17" 800x600 resolution monitor... I now have to drag the screen to login and see the thread informations, unfair!

Seriously tho, I can live with this upgrade but is there a way to put another tab down there for the now unlucky like my who prefer to use an 800x600 resolution on their monitors?

Thank you.

DanO

It's appreciated and helps me improve the quality of my grammar (which seems to have taken a hit since I started visiting this forum :| )

"Come on. Take a few steps back, you're too close." -Steve (Coldblooded)

-Cosmo: Is he dead?
-Steve: Ask him. (ColdBlooded)
DanOnymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 13:30   #5
gandar

Send a message via MSN to gandar
Why on earth would you use 800x600 on a 17" monitor? Besides.... that's like.... the minimum possible resolution for WinXP, 1024x768 being the standard.... God, I run mine at 1280x1024 and I'd run it higher if I could.

Edit: Just to note, I'm not bashing, I'm genuinely curious why you would want to run your resolution so low, I can't even function on it that big.

Alternatively, I could just light you on fire. - Me
gandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 13:46   #6
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOnymus
Nice gesture for those with larger screens that end up wasting hals their screens when browsing the board!

I just feel left out with my 17" 800x600 resolution monitor... I now have to drag the screen to login and see the thread informations, unfair!

Seriously tho, I can live with this upgrade but is there a way to put another tab down there for the now unlucky like my who prefer to use an 800x600 resolution on their monitors?

Thank you.

DanO
Just leave it set to default, it will be 100% of your viewable area. Is that a problem? I can make an 800 specific size as well, I just figured anyone on a small screen would just use Default view.
MMMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 16:04   #7
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Actually one around 950ish would be perfect for firefox users who like to keep their bookmarks open on the side (like me!).

nice feature
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 17:00   #8
DanOnymus

Send a message via MSN to DanOnymus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandar
Why on earth would you use 800x600 on a 17" monitor? Besides.... that's like.... the minimum possible resolution for WinXP, 1024x768 being the standard.... God, I run mine at 1280x1024 and I'd run it higher if I could.

Edit: Just to note, I'm not bashing, I'm genuinely curious why you would want to run your resolution so low, I can't even function on it that big.
I know you're not bashing, but even tho I would be able to use a higher resolution on a screen that big, if I go any higher, my parents complain that they can't read a thing because it becomes too small.

As a side note, my 12.1" laptop screen tops at 800x600, I can go above, but I have to "scroll" my screen to see the missing bottom and right side... I guess that really means I should think about changing my laptop.

So far, it does not seem to cause any noticeable problems at 800x600, except the end of the threads in the main menu (threads and replies) I have to scroll to see, but I think that's always been like that for the past 2 years or so... earlier today, the registration box at the top did default outside my screen tho, but that seems to be fixed.

Again, as I earlier stated, it's a good idea for the users who enjoy using full-screen on high-resolution screens. Keep up the good work making this board as enjoyable as possible for everyone!

DanO

It's appreciated and helps me improve the quality of my grammar (which seems to have taken a hit since I started visiting this forum :| )

"Come on. Take a few steps back, you're too close." -Steve (Coldblooded)

-Cosmo: Is he dead?
-Steve: Ask him. (ColdBlooded)
DanOnymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 08:54   #9
AlexCoppas

Post Perfect, I love it

Heh..Where is here some web gallery about site creators?I'm need it.For example, as here - Google, I'm really have seen ithere.Good luck!
AlexCoppas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 10:16   #10
gandar

Send a message via MSN to gandar
Hey look everybody! Spam!

Alternatively, I could just light you on fire. - Me
gandar is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements