GMSOG Airsoft's new field MACV

:

General

Closed Thread

Old January 23rd, 2013, 20:12   #1
MouseGMSOG
Banned

GMSOG Airsoft's new field MACV

Hey guys, Mouse here from GMSOG Airsoft. We could really use your help raising some funds to open our new field MACV (Military Airsoft Club Vermont). Normally we would raise the funds ourselves, but we’ve been contacted by the Make-A-Wish foundation to fulfill a child’s wish and we need to make this happen as soon as we can. There’s more info about who we are and what we’re trying to do if you follow the link, as well as more info about the Make-A-Wish foundation. Please take a look, any donations are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions about anything feel free to post up or pm me.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/0QIv4

Thanks,
Mouse

Last edited by MouseGMSOG; January 23rd, 2013 at 21:19..
Old January 23rd, 2013, 22:41   #2
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseGMSOG View Post
Hey guys, Mouse here from GMSOG Airsoft. We could really use your help raising some funds to open our new field MACV (Military Airsoft Club Vermont). Normally we would raise the funds ourselves, but we’ve been contacted by the Make-A-Wish foundation to fulfill a child’s wish and we need to make this happen as soon as we can. There’s more info about who we are and what we’re trying to do if you follow the link, as well as more info about the Make-A-Wish foundation. Please take a look, any donations are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions about anything feel free to post up or pm me.

Thanks,
Mouse

Going to play the Devils Advocat here... All I see on that page is a very vague reference to a person who wants to play Airsoft and a link to the make a wish website...

You are asking for money from people not only in another country but people who most likely will never bring their guns to your 'new' field once we pay for it. What's to stop you from taking the money and running? Heck, who's to say you guys aren't just looking for someone else to fit the bill for field renovations and the Make A Wish foundation has nothing to do with you in the first place?

These questions have to be asked by someone. I've never heard of you or your field... Heck, you joined here today so as of this point you have no credibility and look like a scammer. What are you going to do to prove me wrong?

Last edited by Aquamarine; January 23rd, 2013 at 22:44..
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:23   #3
ApacheDragonFly

Send a message via ICQ to ApacheDragonFly Send a message via MSN to ApacheDragonFly Send a message via Skype™ to ApacheDragonFly
I sit here asking the same kinda questions. When I looked at the link I saw a use of a chopper... (NICE) but fuel & insurance must be through the roof. Looks like you already have a field and can do with what you want (ie using a machine to dig trenches and fox holes for you on site when you have 60 minutes to "dig-in").

When I last looked you had $40.00 donated.
I didn't see anything but a small blurb about the Make-a-wish foundation and what the "wish" is. Now I could have missed that part but I went on actively looking for that information and found nothing.

Usually a 'Wish' from "Make-A-Wish Foundation" is for that individual/child/kid... Example, going to meet Mickey Mouse and MAWF puts up the bill for the family to go to Disney or something. This sounds like you want to make a field (looks like this is already covered) for the child but it reality it would be used by EVERYONE would it not? Or would you be DESTROYING the field once "Timmy" gets his wish? Cause gouging me for any donation for a field that would be used by all is not only dishonest but degrading.

I know the financial situation in the states is bleak, but this is a low blow when trying to use a good foundation for your gain is disrespectful for not only me but the sport in general.

I have acquaintances in the offices of "Make-A-Wish Foundation" that I've contacted to see if this is the "Real-Deal"...

We'll see...

If I'm wrong I'll retract my statements... But until now, there are more questions I'm asking than not.

Last edited by ApacheDragonFly; January 24th, 2013 at 02:35..
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:30   #4
Drake
E-01

The blurb on the website seems pretty self explanatory:

Quote:
We at GMSOG Airsoft need your help in funding a down payment for our new field MACV (Military Airsoft Club Vermont). 2012 was the last year of operation for the GMSOG field, now we seek to start anew as a non-profit organization at a new location but we cannot do it alone.

GMSOG Airsoft was the premier airsoft field in New England. Situated on 130 acres of varied terrain in Charlotte, VT, GMSOG Airsoft was able to simulate many styles of airsoft operations to include MILSIM, historically accurate reenactments, and much, much more.

MACV will be a field for the players, run by the players. MACV will be owned and operated by the GMSOG Airsoft Team and its leader Derek ‘Tiger’ Chace. Our goal is to continue to take airsoft to new levels. MACV will be operated on privately owned property which permits us to build and modify the terrain, allowing us to use our collection of vehicles to give players an experience rarely seen in our sport. With these tools at our disposal MACV will be able to host amazing airsoft events, from small weekend walk-on games up to large scale milsim events. Any and all proceeds made by MACV will be put right back into the field, in the form of new construction, maintenance, vehicles, interactive props and more. Below is our current website, as well as some videos showing exactly why we want to continue what we’ve been doing.
tl;dr: they need help funding their new field (how/what profits from hosting are used/for is entirely irrelevant)

As for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, I've just contacted them with a link to the site; they'll hopefully be able to clear up if this is legit or not.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:06   #5
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
They're asking for people who will never go there to donate money. Fine, I can get around that, but when they try and use a legitimate charity as a REASON behind it... well that's just stupid and fraud no less. As he shows on his page there, they are raising money to renovate the field so that the little boy from the REAL charity can come and play.

Thus, they are raising money for charity, so they claim.
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:49   #6
MouseGMSOG
Banned

I completely understand where you guys are coming from, and I'll do everything I can to clear things up. First http://gmsog.net/ our website has a link to the fundraiser as well, so this isn't just me doing this fundraiser.

If you look at the fundraiser page(https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/0QIv4) you'll see that it was authored by Ross Jutras, which is me. My name is also found on the GMSOG staff page here http://gmsog.net/team-item/ross-jutras
I'm putting my name on this, which especially in our sport based on honor and integrity means something.

For those with questions about the child, his name is Micheal, he is 13 and he has Mitochondrial Disease.

What has been pointed out is correct. The money raised by this fundraiser is going to funding a new field, not a donation to the Make-A-Wish foundation. The former GMSOG field was a leased property that we were not able to renew for this year. As for the excavator, that is owned by another field member who runs a landscaping business. The helicopters are not owned by us, they are rented. We can only afford to rent them once or twice a year, and even then that takes all of the money earned from hosting our events. If you look at our staff page you'll see that more than half of us are college age kids. We don't have money to put into the field we love. All of us work without pay at GMSOG, I've never earned a single cent from working there.

We don't have a field right now, or the money to pay for one. We're running out of time to get this set up so we're asking for help. We want to both make Micheal's wish come true and continue to provide a place for the local kids to play in the future. Most of you will never come to our field, and I realize that. We're close enough to the border that we have had at least a few of you come play before, and we would like to see more of you.

If I'm still seen as a scammer, mods please remove this post. I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited by MouseGMSOG; January 24th, 2013 at 11:52..
Old January 25th, 2013, 00:32   #7
ApacheDragonFly

Send a message via ICQ to ApacheDragonFly Send a message via MSN to ApacheDragonFly Send a message via Skype™ to ApacheDragonFly
I too Drake contacted make-a-wish foundation last night, they state they will contact within 5 days... So I wait or a reply
Old January 25th, 2013, 00:32   #8
ApacheDragonFly

If it is legit... Than I'll help out, till then I hold onto my cash
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:20   #9
ApacheDragonFly

Okay,
So I got an answer to my inquiry on this post... These are the two emails I got in return...

You be the judge.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360750376.169888.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360750420.492336.jpg

I myself will keep my pennies (the ones I have left), nikles, dimes, quarters, and loonies in my pocket.
I would have made a donation if it wasn't the fact that they came to ASC just to make an account just to post this, as it appears to me (I might be wrong but it's how I saw it) in an attempt to make a virtual solicitation while throwing a true legit foundations name into the mix hoping for legitimacy.

I will not be helping you fund your field...
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:10   #10
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Yepper, got the same reply from the SAME people.
So they're using the Make-A-Wish Foundation's name to try and garner more money. That's pretty low.
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:34   #11
ApacheDragonFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseGMSOG View Post

Thanks,
Mouse
Seems Make-A-Wish Foundation has never heard of you... Pretty low to use their name to try to solicitate funds to build your field. Makes me sick!!!

Go away... (I'm sure I am not just speaking for myself), we don't need you here!!!
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:37   #12
ApacheDragonFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Yepper, got the same reply from the SAME people.
So they're using the Make-A-Wish Foundation's name to try and garner more money. That's pretty low.
Pretty low it makes me sick!!!

I'm glad it was not only me that made an inquiry, Shows Make-A-Wish Foundation that members at ASC care!!!

I'm really curious how long their site stays up? But if it's taken down then what stops them from posting it up somewhere else again?
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:03   #13
HGI

Good work ApacheDragonFly and Chris, that is pretty low of them.
Old February 13th, 2013, 23:16   #14
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Go away. Your kind isn't welcome here.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General