Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

paintballs in airsoft

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 7th, 2008, 11:14   #1
Amazing Rando

paintballs in airsoft

Hi all.

Longtime lurker here with a question that maybe needs some updated info.

I know in past the rule of thumb has been 'DON'T' when dealing with paintballs and airsoft guns. But in the past year or so, there have been two suppliers claiming to offer AEG and GBB-compatible 6mm seamless paintballs. Their claims are that with the design of these balls compared to traditional .68 cal paintballs, seamless have a significantly higher structural integrity, and are thus able to survive the high gas pressure and rougher environment of firing in airsoft devices.

Has anyone tried these? I contacted Airsoft Solutions prior to Christmas and they indicated that almost all their stock goes to wholesale for military and police training so their retail availability is very limited, unless I am interested in buying paintballs in packages of 12,000. But now I've also seen Flying Colors providing an AEG-compatible seamless product too. Has anyone got any practical experience in the last year with these specific products and their AEG or GBB?

Last edited by Amazing Rando; February 7th, 2008 at 11:19..
Amazing Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:24   #2
bbchiller

I don’t know too much about it, but I know I looked into it at one point. I wanted to go massacre some buddies playing paintball LOL, you know, show them what the benefits of airsoft are.... but then I realized I don’t know how the hell I would load those into my mags, in my p90 you need to use quite a bit of pressure to load the mags and I’m sure it would be enough to burst the paintballs and make a huge mess. Then I thought about the mess in general, and how much I have invested and ruled out the whole idea.
bbchiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:25   #3
sigsour

I've seen claims of perfectly shaped paintballs (and these were seamless too) on a box of these AEG compatible paintballs. The hobby store was kind enough to show me a sample, and the first one I picked up was not perfectly round.

Although I think in principle they should be structurally sound, the fact that it's so easy for these thing to go out of shape, even whilst brand new makes me wary of them. You definitely won't be able to use them reliably in a tight-bore barrel, and it's just a matter of time before they explode in the barrel of a regular gun. It's a question of whether you can tolerate this level of maintenance.
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:26   #4
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
flying colour ones are very un-reliable they're either too thick and don't ever break or they shatter under the slightest pressure (ie. aeg mag) the expensive ones can stain clothing and still ruin guns, the military/police would have more than enough money to replace their guns but the average airsofter dosen't... and again, nobody's gonna want to play with you if your bbs are gonna ruin their camo/gear.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:29   #5
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulcrum View Post
the military/police would have more than enough money to replace their guns
LOL.

And +1 for the craptasticness (I know it's not a real word. Shuddup) of these things.. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:48   #6
zone 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Rando View Post
Hi all.

Longtime lurker here with a question that maybe needs some updated info.

I know in past the rule of thumb has been 'DON'T' when dealing with paintballs and airsoft guns. But in the past year or so, there have been two suppliers claiming to offer AEG and GBB-compatible 6mm seamless paintballs. Their claims are that with the design of these balls compared to traditional .68 cal paintballs, seamless have a significantly higher structural integrity, and are thus able to survive the high gas pressure and rougher environment of firing in airsoft devices.

Has anyone tried these? I contacted Airsoft Solutions prior to Christmas and they indicated that almost all their stock goes to wholesale for military and police training so their retail availability is very limited, unless I am interested in buying paintballs in packages of 12,000. But now I've also seen Flying Colors providing an AEG-compatible seamless product too. Has anyone got any practical experience in the last year with these specific products and their AEG or GBB?
I looked into getting airsoft paintballs myself at one time. But the more I read up on it the more bad things I found. And I did not find one positive thing posted on airsoft paintballs. But I mite use them in my RC tank just for shit and giggles.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 12:40   #7
sigsour

rc tanks, I understand, are its primary utility

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion