Closed Thread

Old June 12th, 2010, 23:55   #16
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
$250?

AhAHAHAHA.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH GOD. That's hilarious.

In other news I just sold one for $1100....

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old June 13th, 2010, 00:15   #17
Rugger_can

Welcome to Airsoft Canada, our general policy is that purchase and ownership of Airsoft is to be limited to those 18 years of age and above. Unfortunately your request is impossible to fulfill as the particular model in question is quiet expensive.

If your interested in the sport thats great, I suggest you read as much as you can and absorb the limited knowledge avaliable online. If your committed to playing I suggest after reading and learning what you can you contact local Fields in your area and inquire if they would allow someone of your age to participate, rentals are avaliable in some cases. However this is completely at the discretion of the field owner and operator thus you must respect their prerogative.

One thing to note. Airsoft is a very expensive hobby in Canada, the overall cost of playing is certainly not cheap and trying to do it on the cheap can often lead to substandard gear and tools which will in veritably let you down. A good strategy to follow is to work hard at a part time job during your summer months for a few years and finish your schooling. Then use your saved up money to get into this sport when your of age, not only is this an industrious use of your time it will impart a feeling of satisfaction that you have earned your way into the community through your own hard work. At your age there are many exciting activities you can take part in in the mean time.

In any case ignore any "abrupt" responses and let them roll off your back like water off a ducks back, start fresh and do some homework on the sport. You will QUICKLY find that the community is more then willing to accept young people if you are willing to deport yourself in a fashion befitting someone whom recognizes the gravitas of our rules and community.

Cheers
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:42   #18
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I've owned 3, both the CA's were $1100, I got a wicked deal on my G&P since I knew the retailer, but it would have been $1900 for anyone else.
A&K's are crap and they go for $600
You really can't find any decent reliable AEG for less than $400 used, sorry, but start saving your money
Old June 13th, 2010, 22:15   #19
deep in the bush
Monkey with a Gun

Send a message via MSN to deep in the bush
Looking for an AEG for $250 will get you a nice pile of grief.

It goes nice with gouda.

Welcome to ASC. be afraid...very afraid. (I mean you Pus)

I'm the Barrie Bastard.
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Cheese is good.
Old June 14th, 2010, 22:27   #20
yourself

lol wut. i need one of these 250$ saws.
Old June 14th, 2010, 22:37   #21
T-Hell

Cabellas has em

Seriously Get age verified on the forum... no one will answer questions like this until you are proven to be 18+

you won't find a gun for 250.00 unless it is broken or a parts gun... certainly not a 249

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
Old June 14th, 2010, 22:53   #22
HKGhost

Only way you'll get one for under $250 is if you build one out of wood and string. Don't ask about where or how to get any kind of guns. If you're 18+, get AV'ed and look for one in the classified. And be prepared to drop over $700 for it. Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
lol wut. i need one of these 250$ saws.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
Old June 14th, 2010, 22:53   #23
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

$250 MIGHT get you a good pistol. I paid $300 for mine.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
Old June 15th, 2010, 00:13   #24
ThunderCactus

OHHHHHHHHHHH I FOUND ONE!!!!
I found a 249 for LESS THAN $250!!!!

Old June 15th, 2010, 00:31   #25
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
OHHHHHHHHHHH I FOUND ONE!!!!
I found a 249 for LESS THAN $250!!!!

How much for the batteries though? If you're not a Costco member all those D's can be a wallet breaker.
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:04   #26
ThunderCactus

Actually you can mod it to use 8.4v mini batteries and almost double its rate of fire
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:23   #27
VooDooPeteK

if you are new to the sport ( I assume you are) then forget about a saw to start with.

$250 is a good start for an AEG (if thats what you have saved already), but for a first gun I would suggest an M4, AK, MP5 variant depending on where you plan to play and what you like. All have lot of parts and upgrades available for them.

So read the FAQ's, save some more cash and go from there. Like Rugger_can said contact your local field and see what the age is to play. If you are old enough (and if they have rentals) go play some games and rent a few different guns over the course of a few games and see what you like and what works for you.

If you are not old enough to play still try and make it out to some games and talk with the locals, see if you can handle the guns so you can see what you like and what feels good.

Then start saving and be prepared to buy a ton of crap you dont need but want lol.

This site holds a lot of good info and has a ton of people more then willing to help or ask questions so use that to your advantage

VooDoo
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank