Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G MP5 advice

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 15th, 2009, 15:49   #1
JK-47

G&G MP5 advice

hey,

im new into airsoft and have always liked the mp5 sd5.
i am looking at the G&G CAS version MP5 SD5. i am not looking to spend over about 350$ on my first gun so the CAS versions would suit me well. i am also considering the G&G PM5 A4. it is roughly the same price (333$) and both guns come with batterys and chargers. if anyone has any feedback on which one they personaly have or would preffer please state why. i also want to know if it is a bad decision to buy G&G CAS versions because of the lower cost (and possibly durrability) parts.
JK-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 17:05   #2
disasterarea

For the price, I'd go for a G&G UMG. About $380 depending on where you buy it.
disasterarea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 18:49   #3
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
If your are 18 or over look into getting Age Verified then you will also have the classifieds here to choose from. Why limit yourself with a cheap "starter" gun, when your more than likely to get into the higher end stuff. The higher end stuff is a bit more expensive but you will get what you pay for. Less chance of breakdowns with proper care, higher chance of compatibility for upgrades, and higher re-sale value. You won't get much resale value for the halfbreed cansoft guns.

Of course though, if your not 18 yet, then hold off buying an airsoft gun until then. Use this time to conduct some research in this sport, in the guns we use, and try to develop a good reputation so that when you do start gaming you won't be so green right off the bat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 19:12   #4
JK-47

i am not 18 yet, i want to buy a decent starter gun to use with my friends and once i can become AV i will get a higher-end TM or CA. I joined ASC so that like you said when i get age verified there will be a smoother transition into airsofting because i will have had time to read about and discuss the sport.
Old August 15th, 2009, 19:17   #5
JK-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by disasterarea View Post
For the price, I'd go for a G&G UMG. About $380 depending on where you buy it.
i would want a gun with the capability of having a high mA battery and i dont know what the highest could be with the UMG. it is a stick battery and in pictures it doesnt look like there is any extra storage in the foregrip.
Old August 15th, 2009, 19:37   #6
JK-47

i think i will actually buy and ICS mp5 sd5 it is only 365 and that includes battery and charger. that way i get the SD5 which i like, and the battery and charger. plus the total is still less then 400 dollars so its fine for starting
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:46   #7
SuperCriollo

man buying an airsoft gun being under age is not worth it.. trust me i have experience with that stuff.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 04:00   #8
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Well from his posts he doesn't care what we say and will just do whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:48   #9
WARFIGHTER
formerly Knyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-47 View Post
i think i will actually buy and ICS mp5 sd5 it is only 365 and that includes battery and charger. that way i get the SD5 which i like, and the battery and charger. plus the total is still less then 400 dollars so its fine for starting

The ICS models are reportedly difficult to get into and work with, but we have not reviewed any first hand yet so take that with a grain of salt.

We have a G&G MP5 SD5 in right now and are testing it out and will be doing a full review of it shortly.

We do have a full review up for the G5 HERE.

The SD5 takes a large battery, and is much easier to put in the battery than the G5 that's for sure. :P. The external quality on the SD5 and G5 are both really nice. The SD5 has less foregrip play and the foregrip feels more solid, which is a plus. The inner barrel doesn't extend all the way through the silencer though, but that could be replaced...

Like I said, we will have the full review up shortly. But from G&G's other MP5 and the feel of the SD5 so far, I would say it would be a great choice.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank