Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE Tech Glock 17, Anyone had issues?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 26th, 2013, 11:18   #1
Uberg33k

WE Tech Glock 17, Anyone had issues?

Okay so the other day I wanted to buy the WE Glock 17 Gen 4 from TA. I've been told not to by multiple sources because of it breaking, especially the feeder nozzle which I was told breaks almost immediately. My only other option is the TM Glock 17 that Mach1 has for a pretty good price but from what I read the slide is plastic!? Also the barrel is plastic as well? Now I don't feel like having to "mod" just to get it the way I want when the WE version is perfect for me except the negative reviews.

My question is basically this;

Has anyone had issues with the Glock 17 from WE Tech and if so is there a solution that will stop it from happening? Or should I get the one from Mach1 and Mod it which I loath having to do? Thanks guys.
Uberg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:24   #2
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Yes Tokyo Marui guns are plastic, but they are solid. Running my P226 E2 for 2 years now on propane withtout any problem.

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:38   #3
Uberg33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrea View Post
Yes Tokyo Marui guns are plastic, but they are solid. Running my P226 E2 for 2 years now on propane withtout any problem.
I believe they're solid. But honestly I cannot deal with a plastic slide. Just doesn't feel right for me. People knock my Glock 23 yet I've put over 1000 rounds through it with zero problems. Price isn't the issue for me this time just don't want plastic. Now if there's an easy way to get the parts I need i.e. local GTA pick up then I'd consider it. lol
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:42   #4
Berkut
PinkEagle

Get TM, suck it up and mod it. Be happy after.

I ran KSC G19s for many years, now they are getting to end of life, there are no parts readily available so I am on the market got another Glock. I hate mod things, just as you are. At this point I am sourcing TM G17, will be getting metal slide etc for it in the future. I will run it as it is for as long as I can though.

G63
Berkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:49   #5
sammynac99

I run a TM hi capa, yea it has a plastic slide but the gun works wayyy better then most of my buddies kjw and KWA pistols. For glocks, there is not much better then TM. Run the plastic slide with propane till the slide breaks. Then buy a mega upgraded aluminum slide and the thing will be beastly. Chances are the plastic slid will never die...
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:14   #6
EchoFourTwelve
Enjoy's Tight Groupings from behind in his Tight Pants

Send a message via Skype™ to EchoFourTwelve
I opted for the cheaper WE G17 gen4 and I love it. I've put well over 500 hundred rounds through it, so the answer to the loading nozzle breaking immediately is no. However, I replaced the stock slide & outer barrel with a PGC one. You will have to slightly mod any upgrades to fit the WE but..meh. I've also dropped the thing from waist high 4 times (stupid holster is stupid) and It really only chipped off where the pistol lanyard is supposed to go.

I'm also going to get a dick load of flak for this but the WE g17 magazines fill better than the TM ones. Hope this helps!
EchoFourTwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:18   #7
BennyBoy

Is there a difference in durability between clear and normal lowers for TMs? Itching to buy one but was thinking the clear lowers are fragile like the KJWs.
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:43   #8
Uberg33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFourTwelve View Post
I opted for the cheaper WE G17 gen4 and I love it. I've put well over 500 hundred rounds through it, so the answer to the loading nozzle breaking immediately is no. However, I replaced the stock slide & outer barrel with a PGC one. You will have to slightly mod any upgrades to fit the WE but..meh. I've also dropped the thing from waist high 4 times (stupid holster is stupid) and It really only chipped off where the pistol lanyard is supposed to go.

I'm also going to get a dick load of flak for this but the WE g17 magazines fill better than the TM ones. Hope this helps!
THIS! lol That's what I assumed. I know it's not TM, but, I rarely, and I mean RARELY use my sidearm. I put the Glock 23 through hell because my Wife went crazy shooting it after I showed it to her (It's the Vietcong in her lol). But I love Glock and I love the feel, so it's more aesthetics than anything. I figured that if ALL were defective then why the hell are they still on the market.
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:54   #9
TANNER
ChrisUK

Your forgetting a 3rd option. Buy a redwolf custom TM G17 that has the PGC metal slide and 150% recoil springs pre-installed.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...al_Version.htm

I had mine brought in by Imperial - http://www.imperialairsoft.com/.

If you do get a TM Glock, I highly recommend buying WE mags and installing a guarder mag catch.

Last edited by TANNER; March 26th, 2013 at 12:56..
TANNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 13:18   #10
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I wanted metal slides too.
But if you saw how a stock KSC USP compact performs with its "inferior" plastic slide you'd be like "lol fuqmetal"
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 13:25   #11
TANNER
ChrisUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I wanted metal slides too.
But if you saw how a stock KSC USP compact performs with its "inferior" plastic slide you'd be like "lol fuqmetal"
I had the same problem when I got the RW TM G17... I could only get say 17 shots out of a full mag.

I fixed this problem by switching to WE mags and installing the guarder mag catch. I now get around 50 / 60 shots per fill now. It also bumped up my FPS from 280 - 310.
Old March 26th, 2013, 14:05   #12
HKGhost

If you can get it, buy the TM one. But to be honest, the new WE Glock17 are built really nice. I was surprise when I handled and played around with one. Some of the parts aren't made with quality material but the cost is much less than the TM. WE used to make really bad GBB pistols but their new guns are made quite well. QC has improved also.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 14:46   #13
L473ncy

WE M9 and Gen 4 Glock are actually not bad at all. It's their "Hi-Capa" and 1911 series that you want to avoid.

To put it into perspective consider a WE 1911 as being an old school American built car that burns oil, and is kind of shitty. It works but it's kind of shitty. Compare that to the newer models (say like a Focus RS or something along those lines). Then TM as being traditionally good and always a good go to.

The finish of the WE kind of leaves something to be wanted IMO but it's a fine piece for occasional use (I'd say don't use it in a pistols only or CQB game but if you pull it out to shoot people below your MED a couple times a day it's great).

At the end of the day you're the one who decides what you want to get though, so weight out all your options and see which fits you the best.
Old March 26th, 2013, 15:12   #14
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Kjw glock?
There are some around (g32c for sure if you hunt around you may find a 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 15:26   #15
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

The we glock 18 is the gun that had problems... Not the g17 iv put over 3000 rounds on mine without a problem. The only upgrade I have is a guarder aluminum outer barrel.
The g17 uses the same nozzles as the tm g17.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion