Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New guy botches poor reveiw while wiping puke off his skirt. or (Warning Heros Outfitters Shady)

:

Reviews

Closed Thread

Old June 16th, 2015, 09:56   #1
Bizarreswine

New guy botches poor reveiw while wiping puke off his skirt. or (Warning Heros Outfitters Shady)

Warning Heros Outfitters Shady!!!

Hi me and my friends are new into getting airsoft so we were thrilled when we found out that Heros was so close to us. I purchased my gun at Toronto airsoft myself and have had great customer service even past my warrenty. However my friends who have shopped and spent over atleast 500$ each at Heros were not so lucky. This experience I have had with them is disgusting and I would not normally report this sort of thing but what they are doing is extremely dishonest.

When looking at guns the one guy who worked there came over saying look at this gun its 200$ off and its brand new! My friend was thrilled and bought the gun and we took it out for a rip. After playing one game with his gun I noticed a trigger lag that was not consistant. Some times it would half respond and wouldnt even shoot. After 3 games the gun had 0 responce out of the trigger. We brought the gun in and take in mind this was within the first week of getting the gun. It was a friday and they told us to come back on monday because the right guy was not in. The same guy was in monday and took a look at the gun. After taking the trigger mechanism out he told us that " you must not know how these guns work" and he then left to go to the back leaving annother employee to "assist us". This new guy "the guy who sold him the gun" told my friend that this was caused by him jerking the trigger around too much causing arching. They then gave us a card for someone 2 fix airsoft guns... This is complete bullshit because the gun was doing this lagg the first time he shot it so eather they are unskilled in this field which is not the case, or they knowingly sold this gun to my friend knowing he was new and knowing that it would not work. Multiple other friends have had issues with them ordering parts or them selling the wrong parts ( I think it was knowingly) that were not meant for our specific guns which is amaizing since they were the ones selling the guns.
I'm just saying be wary of buying products from Heros especially if you are new getting into the sport. I highly recomend Toronto Airsoft for newcommers. Thank you for your time

Last edited by Armyissue; June 16th, 2015 at 15:38.. Reason: coup de grĂ¢ce
Old June 16th, 2015, 10:01   #2
EOD Steve

What gun and what battery were you using?

As a semi-related sidenote, anything that's advertised as $200 off is typically something that's marked up $400, then marked back $200 to make it appear to be a better deal.
Alternatively they could just be trying to get rid of it. It's like restaurants' "daily special" - it's typically something that's about to go bad or the kitchen wants to get rid of.

The Steve has spoken.

Last edited by EOD Steve; June 16th, 2015 at 10:30..
Old June 16th, 2015, 10:23   #3
Foxer2373

Why did you also post this in multiple sections? One post is sufficient.
Old June 16th, 2015, 10:24   #4
_Whiskey_

As Steve said what gun and battery where you using?
Old June 16th, 2015, 10:48   #5
naminator

As the other posters have stated, what was the gun and battery being used?

Also just playing devils advocate, but the FIRST time you shot the gun it had issues... So you proceeded to use it for 3 games while the issue got worse and worse?
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
Old June 16th, 2015, 11:44   #6
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Main issue I can see (regardless of what gun it is) is that either the end user or ths store was using an 11.1v lipo, perhaps it was the display model with thousands of test fire rounds through it so that could explain the burnt contacts (that is what is causing the issue)
Ive run stock JG and Echo1 and VFC triggers for at minimum 1000 rounds and at max 5000 rounds with 11.1 volts and didnt have any problems. The JG had the most rounds and had some black spots but still worked before installing a fet.
On the topic, i find for the most part that surplus places arent the best place to buy airsoft guns. They carry em, so if you know what you want and the price is good then grab it but if yer looking for advice or after sale service yer normally SOL with surplus places.
If its a decent retailer you should be able to exchange or refund within 30days so long as you didnt open the gearbox. If its a decent gun exchange it. If not refund and buy a decent gun. If no resolution then consider it a cheap lesson, trigger contacts are cheap and itll give you a chance to tear it open reshim and grease it etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:21   #7
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

200$ off..

trigger contacts 5$.
soldering iron 10$.

what's the issue?

airsoft guns break. It's not a matter of if.. it's ALWAYS a matter of WHEN. Could be 100 rounds, could be 100,000 every time the trigger is pulled, you risk breaking it. You can manipulate the odds using certain brands or parts of components, but something will break.

You buy a gun for it's shell and it's compatibility to take aftermarket parts, so when it breaks, you have the most options available to you to get it running again. You need deeper pockets if you want to go long in the hobby.

It sucks that it broke so soon, but nobody put a gun to your friend's head and said they had to buy that gun. He saw an opportunity to save 200$ and he took it, did he at any point question WHY it was 200$ off?

Last edited by lurkingknight; June 16th, 2015 at 12:24..
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:44   #8

Giving retailer's full name, their web site AND your location within Canada would help. Google search for "Heroes Outfitters Canada" doesn't show anything.
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:48   #9
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Pretty sure the guy means Hero's Outdoor.
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:56   #10
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Yeah i was thinking hero army surplus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old June 16th, 2015, 13:06   #11

I was thinking that too but without OP actually mentioning the place I didn't want to say anything. For all I know there might be some small store with similar name somewhere in Canada. Hero Outdoor from Oshawa has clear instructions about warranty and defective items posted on their website. OP should give it a try. Speaking directly with the owner or ViperFish might also help.
Old June 16th, 2015, 13:08   #12
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Im not one to come out in defense of Hero's Lol, but this thread doesn't seem kosher. So I'm gonna adjust the title and let you spend some time with the English language to help define the true nature of your issue.

Also consider that they are an Ad Sponsor here so you may be pissing in your own pool.
Old June 16th, 2015, 13:48   #13
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

If you cant even name the store accuratley, unless there is a Hero Outfitters we've never heard of that sells Airsoft Guns, then your credibility to "warn us and slam" a well known retailer should be treated as zero.
This thread should be locked until you complete your first post with some actual facts on what gun, what battery, how many rounds, and the proper details of where you bought it from before this turns into a pile on for the hell of commenting threads.
Old June 16th, 2015, 14:17   #14
Ecks

Kind of interesting how the OP has not responded and made any annotations to his post. I'd think if you were going to negatively review a retailer that (as others have said) give the correct details and all of them.

I guess we could chalk this up to being new, but one has to wonder if the OP has ever done any business with anyone ever before. Not that hard to do things right.

Just saying, things to concider that's all!
Old June 16th, 2015, 14:26   #15
Brigadier Wolf

I completely understand what your saying I also purchased a sidearm from them and it didn't work when I took it home. I brought it back to them to fix and they told me it was my mag. So they switched my old 1 for a new 1 and said I was good. Again I took it home with no success. I brought it back Again complaining it wasn't the mag. They insisted that it was my mag again played with the mag for ten mins then sent me on my way. I then went home and tried my gun only to see it break on the first shot. It was not the mag but the GBB nozzle sheared in 2. I decided not to go back to them seeing how the didn't know what was wrong with my gun. The 2 times that I brought my gun in I told them it didn't hold air/gas I knew it wasn't the mag but the gun. It is also suppose to be full auto and had never shot full auto. So I fixed it myself and it worked great but now I can't even use semi auto because the trigger is dead lol it just stopped working no lag no problem signs just died. Heroes buys used guns from people and sells them as new plus they don't give warranties with there guns why is that? Don't say cause in Canada the Manufacturer warranty is not valid bullshit. In closing Don't buy a sidearm from heroes cause there out to make money. There are others who have been duped by them so try to get people to go buy from better stores like airsoft depot or Toronto airsoft
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews