Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

GBB vs AEG for first gun

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 23rd, 2010, 17:07   #1
strikerkmd

GBB vs AEG for first gun

Hi im kevin and im looking for my first airsoft gun i have been browsing the classifieds and just cannot make up my mind if i should buy a GBB pistol or an AEG for my first time gun i have noticed many different brands of AEG's and GBB's not knowing which brands to look out for and what not has been dificult i also do not think i will want to be traveling too too far for playing in the woods with an aeg(live in toronto) therefore i have been looking at alot of GBB pistols(mostly glocks) as my first gun. i was wondering what all of you guys who have played the sport for a long time would recommend.

Also one more thing(im demanding i know i know) I have been looking at glocks and i have not seen many standard sized glocks on the classifeds most of them are the compact or subcompact versions idealy if i was to buy a GBB pistol i would want a glock 17,20,21,22 because they are all standerd sizes what(if any) brands would you recomend for me to look at for any of those models of glocks

Thank you in advance Kevin
Old January 23rd, 2010, 17:13   #2
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikerkmd View Post
Hi im kevin and im looking for my first airsoft gun i have been browsing the classifieds and just cannot make up my mind if i should buy a GBB pistol or an AEG for my first time gun i have noticed many different brands of AEG's and GBB's not knowing which brands to look out for and what not has been dificult i also do not think i will want to be traveling too too far for playing in the woods with an aeg(live in toronto) therefore i have been looking at alot of GBB pistols(mostly glocks) as my first gun. i was wondering what all of you guys who have played the sport for a long time would recommend.

Also one more thing(im demanding i know i know) I have been looking at glocks and i have not seen many standard sized glocks on the classifeds most of them are the compact or subcompact versions idealy if i was to buy a GBB pistol i would want a glock 17,20,21,22 because they are all standerd sizes what(if any) brands would you recomend for me to look at for any of those models of glocks

Thank you in advance Kevin

Ok Kevin for one You get what ever you feel like and afford, For GBB wise I have been using a KSC Glock 17/19 since it was available and so far they are the most reliable GBB I've own even more reliable than my TM hicappa. For AEG if you can afford it get a King Arms, G&P, Classic army, or VFC. GBBR is another kind of beast not recommended for a first timer gun, GBBR like the G&P WOC, Inokatsu or WE are nice but not as your first gun, Why ?? welll for one the mags alone are gonna put you in a poor house so are the upgrades and the extra bells and whistle, But if money is no object GET THEM ALL!!
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 17:15   #3
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

First gun get an aeg rifle, then get a pistol (wait for a tm g17 to pup up in classifieds) unless you want to buy a pile of gbb mags (40+each usually) it's cheaper to start with an aeg as midcaps can be as little as $10 each

come by the store at splendid china tower (opposite pacific mall) and fondle the different types before making a decision on what style of rifle platform suits you
Old January 23rd, 2010, 17:21   #4
strikerkmd

Thanks for some of that advice in relation to the store do you have an adress or a website i could find out a little bit more about it ?
Old January 23rd, 2010, 17:50   #5
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
If you want to play in airsoft games, get an AEG first.
If you're only playing indoor you can get by with just a pistol.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 18:09   #6
strikerkmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If you want to play in airsoft games, get an AEG first.
If you're only playing indoor you can get by with just a pistol.
the thing is i have looked around about games and such and most seem to be 45 to 1 hour drive min for an outdoors game i would like to play outdoors but the thing is i wouldnt always be able to get out for games where as if i do indoors CQB i could live on a pistol and a few mags what are usaly max fps on a indoor game aeg wise(rough est would be great)
Old January 23rd, 2010, 18:11   #7
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
CQB limits are usually between 300 and 350 with 0.20g BB's.
But don't let that limit your choice of gun. Springs can easily be changed.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 18:27   #8
KoolAidMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikerkmd View Post
the thing is i have looked around about games and such and most seem to be 45 to 1 hour drive min for an outdoors game i would like to play outdoors but the thing is i wouldnt always be able to get out for games where as if i do indoors CQB i could live on a pistol and a few mags what are usaly max fps on a indoor game aeg wise(rough est would be great)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank