:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 20th, 2010, 00:36   #61
bruce
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to bruce Send a message via MSN to bruce
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
My Maruzen based PDI M24 already tits up is at $1950 and that's just for the gun alone
Not sure if we're talking about the same PDI M24. I got mine way back in 2000-01 from Peter Kang over at APEX. At that time, this was the only M24 available besides the crazy custom job from Sheriff which would have cost me both arms. Total cost with upgrades and scope was over $3000 at that time. Just a wall decoration right now as the sniper job still belongs to my team mate Raven with his APS.

For sure anyone can get himself a BA and be a sniper for way less than $1000. But as soon as someone starts to put better upgrades and more money to get better performance and consistancies, all other rifles on the field becomes obsolete. Want to play springer against AEGs. Not me.
Old August 20th, 2010, 00:44   #62
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce View Post
Not sure if we're talking about the same PDI M24. I got mine way back in 2000-01 from Peter Kang over at APEX. At that time, this was the only M24 available besides the crazy custom job from Sheriff which would have cost me both arms. Total cost with upgrades and scope was over $3000 at that time. Just a wall decoration right now as the sniper job still belongs to my team mate Raven with his APS.

For sure anyone can get himself a BA and be a sniper for way less than $1000. But as soon as someone starts to put better upgrades and more money to get better performance and consistancies, all other rifles on the field becomes obsolete. Want to play springer against AEGs. Not me.
So you are the other one, I remember the M40A3 was like $3500 and the base M24 was like $1500 USD Peter actually got three of them I got mine as a Christmas present to myself, yeah I wanted the sheriff too but the Killer studio ones are better built and it doesn't cost me an arm and leg. I actually field it but I prefer the Killer studio APS2 better (better feel, not as heavy)

Last edited by wildcard; August 20th, 2010 at 01:03..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 00:53   #63
bruce
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to bruce Send a message via MSN to bruce
The good old days where it was airsoft and I only. The money we pumped into our guns is depressing. LOL Can't do this anymore. NIB daddy.
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:02   #64
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce View Post
The good old days where it was airsoft and I only. The money we pumped into our guns is depressing. LOL Can't do this anymore. NIB daddy.
I know I miss those days I still remember Lynch and I were the only ones with a pair micro PSG1 and MSG90 made from 2 pairs of PSG1 and SG1, you should see the dirty looks poncho gave us. Imagine if we have the stuff that are available to us now back then?

BTW Congrats on being a NIB Daddy

Last edited by wildcard; August 20th, 2010 at 01:04..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion