G&G R4 Problems

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 24th, 2010, 02:22   #1
Micleo

Send a message via MSN to Micleo
G&G R4 Problems

Hello all,

Quite a while ago my G&G R4 stopped working for no apparent reason. I started this thread to ask for help:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=104242

So, after all that, I ended up bringing my gun to Joseph here in Edmonton. He picked it up, and the gun worked perfectly fine. I don't understand it. I then brought it home and did some target shooting. My gun then did a similar thing to what it did before: it stopped shooting. No sound, no turnover, nothing. just dead. I pushed a bb out of the barrel using an unjamming rod, hoping that I might help revive the gun. It didn't help. I've checked the batteries, wiring and fuses, and NONE of them have any faults. I don't understand what could possibly be wrong with my gun. The motor has never given me any problems. What would you guys recommend I do? Just scrap the whole thing and buy myself a new gun? (I kind of like this idea because I was told that I can't even replace the gearbox shell because G&G didn't make it compatible with TM models) Any and ALL ideas are appreciated! Thanks

"Mercy Is Dead"
Micleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:53   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I would tell your gundoctor to do some troubleshooting.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 04:17   #3
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micleo View Post
Hello all,

Quite a while ago my G&G R4 stopped working for no apparent reason. I started this thread to ask for help:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=104242

So, after all that, I ended up bringing my gun to Joseph here in Edmonton. He picked it up, and the gun worked perfectly fine. I don't understand it. I then brought it home and did some target shooting. My gun then did a similar thing to what it did before: it stopped shooting. No sound, no turnover, nothing. just dead. I pushed a bb out of the barrel using an unjamming rod, hoping that I might help revive the gun. It didn't help. I've checked the batteries, wiring and fuses, and NONE of them have any faults. I don't understand what could possibly be wrong with my gun. The motor has never given me any problems. What would you guys recommend I do? Just scrap the whole thing and buy myself a new gun? (I kind of like this idea because I was told that I can't even replace the gearbox shell because G&G didn't make it compatible with TM models) Any and ALL ideas are appreciated! Thanks
That's not right at all.

Everything is cross compatible with the R4, It's the standard G&G M4 in a different body style.

What happened here sounds like your motor leads have popped off and are intermittently touching the motor. Open up the grip and make sure everything is properly attached.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 22:23   #4
Micleo

Send a message via MSN to Micleo
Gratitude to both of you. I'll do some troubleshooting myself, and bring my findings to the attention of the gunsmith. I think I will do a complete piece-by-piece teardown, cleaning, inspection and reassembly.

Thanks

"Mercy Is Dead"
Micleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:02   #5
Dart

hey just an idea. I had a mp5 come across my bench a little while ago that had a very similar problem. It turned out that the trigger contact would randomly "pop up" and jump the little track it sits on. Make sure thats sitting well in there and that your contacts arn't worn down.

Might not be the problem but its worth a look.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner