Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

airsoft Falshbangs

:

General

Old October 31st, 2007, 18:21   #1
rockafella

Question airsoft Falshbangs

My team does alot of CQB stuff and we've been looking for an effective/safe flashbang type device. Cuz as you know no CQB can ever be that realistice with out the "falshbang". I've come across alot of products that offer a bang and some even a flash, but none that safely provide both in a safe/effective yet realistc manner. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Here's an example of what i am talking about.

http://www.milsimlabs.com/airsoft%20flashbang.htm

also there is a guy who goes by "S'mow" on www.spokaneairsoft.com who supposedly makes an effective "flashbang" out of photo falshes?

anyone have any experience with these or any other similar devices? Thanks for your input guys.
Old October 31st, 2007, 18:35   #2
Drake
E-01

You're not going to get safe AND realistic. That's like asking for a bear hunting round that won't hurt people. Even your garden variety firecrackers are extremely loud indoors, as has been discussed to death on the handgrenade threads.

Part of milsim is being a willing participant in the "simulation" aspect, and playing out the fact you've been stunned by a flashbang even if your ears aren't bleeding.
Old October 31st, 2007, 19:23   #3
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Its a tough problem

There are devices called "thumpers" that make a loud report, gas operated, spoon actuated.. pretty good Physical simulator. No flash.. just a bang, and about $3.00 a shot after a $300 initial investment.
These are the typical LE solution.

MIL solutions.. are in many cases just a inert object chucked in to the room prior to entry.

Coming soon is an effective "airsoft" grenade that generates an nice report .. and sprays 300 bbs in 360 degrees with good force. Reliable timer, relativly easy reload ( yes 100% reusable ) with no parts to be lost ( except the pin, which does separate from the body.

These are very effective simulators.. I have be involved in the prototype testing.. these things are the answer to the grenade question.

Airsoft Innovations is the designer.. time line to production.. early 2008
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 19:47   #4
Flabeo

Send a message via MSN to Flabeo
I found this a little while ago. Looks like they work pretty good.

http://www.metacafe.co.il/watch/7370...t_flash_bombs/
Old October 31st, 2007, 20:11   #5
Sergeantmajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabeo View Post

interesting...legal? :fro:
Sergeantmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 20:35   #6
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
There are devices called "thumpers" that make a loud report, gas operated, spoon actuated.. pretty good Physical simulator. No flash.. just a bang, and about $3.00 a shot after a $300 initial investment.

Actually in the Weekend game that i participated last month in Syracuse some of the local team use these "thumpers" one of them rolled quite close to my rear-end and discharge, I instantly feel like of of the bad guys in the receiving end of a SWAT entry operations, talk about a shock of a life time
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 20:39   #7
rockafella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabeo View Post

Holy Sh*T!!! That's what I am talking about, I wonder how safe they would be thanks for the post Flabeo!!! I'm gonna have to try that.
Old October 31st, 2007, 20:42   #8
rockafella

Smile

I did lookinto these "thumpers" quite a few homeland security training centeres use these. I did like other than the fact that they did'nt have the "flash" aspect, but I guess you can't have everything...or can you?
I also was under the impression that they were only availabl;e to LE agencies and Military. If anyone knows where they can be purcahes by civi'es please post. Thanks, hopefully it's local site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post

MIL solutions.. are in many cases just a inert object chucked in to the room prior to entry.

Coming soon is an effective "airsoft" grenade that generates an nice report .. and sprays 300 bbs in 360 degrees with good force. Reliable timer, relativly easy reload ( yes 100% reusable ) with no parts to be lost ( except the pin, which does separate from the body.

These are very effective simulators.. I have be involved in the prototype testing.. these things are the answer to the grenade question.

Airsoft Innovations is the designer.. time line to production.. early 2008
Old October 31st, 2007, 20:48   #9
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockafella View Post
I did lookinto these "thumpers" quite a few homeland security training centeres use these. I did like other than the fact that they did'nt have the "flash" aspect, but I guess you can't have everything...or can you?
I also was under the impression that they were only availabl;e to LE agencies and Military. If anyone knows where they can be purcahes by civi'es please post. Thanks, hopefully it's local site.
The guys that brought these "Thumpers" claimed to have purchased tehm from their local surplus store, but then again we are talking about the good ol' U.S where everything and anything can be purchased at your local friendly neighbourhood surplus store.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 21:06   #10
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
I did a mini review on the Thumper a while back and you can get them at Non Lethal Training Munitions. It works quite well, every time I deploy it I always catch people off guard and get easy kills.

It can be a bit pricey to run continually that's why I save it for "special" occasions.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 23:02   #11
Gryphon

The NLTM Thumper TG6 is the most amazing airsoft munition I've ever used. Scares the living crap out of people and is built like a brick shithouse, and legal too since it's non-pyro.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 23:25   #12
swatt13
Captain Awesome

you definatly dont need the flash aspect. i dont have first hand knowledge of the thumpers but if theyre anything like other nades and distractionary devices ive played with, just the bang and precussion (esspecially indoors) is enough to momentarily disorient an opponent. weve been useing devices at our local games and they work excellent. theyre just bb grenades (pyro) but the blast and precussion definatly either make you want to get the fuck outta there, or if you dont your ears ring and your brain takes a second to reboot lol. i wouldnt worry about the flash. definatly try the thumpers you will get what your looking for from them according to reviews and reports, you just need the bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General