Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Nitesiters - Glow In The Dark Pistol Sights

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 6th, 2009, 04:19   #1
Slono
Slow mo.

Nitesiters - Glow In The Dark Pistol Sights

Has anybody tried using these? They're about $12 USD and they are "Super Photo-Luminescent Handgun Night Sights" that come in a pack of 8 dots in which you stick on to your pistol sights (though I'm sure you can use them for rifles or SMGs). One thing I don't know is if it only works if you stick it on a white dotted sight, as opposed to a black metal sight with no dots (M92 vs. MEU). Though I can't see it being a problem, I'd just like to know if anybody has any experience with these before I purchase them.

Keep in mind I'm looking to use these for airsoft only, so the practicality of having to charge it for 5-10 minutes before a game really isn't a negative since the glow is supposed to last for several hours. I can imagine that it may be more worth it to get Tritium sights for your RS gun however, as they don't require charging.

The link to the site is HERE.

Last edited by Slono; October 6th, 2009 at 04:22..
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 04:34   #2
Con Murder

You know you could order them and have that moment of 'this out does everyone!' but I think you can get night sights that won't fall off and for shipping and the USD I'm sure you can get them for your model.
Yup! And here we are, local http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...ex&cPath=68_91 has glock and p226 for $25 so I'm sure what ever you own has some somewhere. Use google.

So ya I fail.

This product actually looks good, for some reason it screemed dollar store quality when I first looked (passing glance really).

Last edited by Con Murder; October 6th, 2009 at 04:40.. Reason: I'm a noob
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 18:56   #3
NoGear
likes being humiliated

haven't tried them but for 12$+ shipping you can't realy do wrong. as long as they work better then the average site at dark its a win in my books
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 19:09   #4
The Saint

It's certainly got me interested. A cheap alternative to Glow Inc.'s hazmat-status paint.
Old October 6th, 2009, 19:14   #5
johnnyrico

A teammate and I ordered them some time ago. They are simply a white dot with an "industrial" glue on the back of each dot.

The pack comes with, the 8 dots, a small razor blade a toothpick and 2 alcohol swabs.

You clean the sights with the alcohol swabs, then use the razor blade to take one dot off at a time. then while the dot is on the tip of the razor blade you place it onto the gun sight.

You use the toothpick to press it with medium force, not too much or you can squish the sightout abit like a pancake! lol

Then it says to heat the sight with medium heat to set the glue. Like a incandescent light bulb or something like that. I just did quick bursts with my lighter.

As for performance, it is good for having three white dots on a gun with just stock black sights, the glowing may last for an hour in a dusk type of setting, but say during a 45 min game I probably charge em 5-6 times just to keep em at their peak.

In close to pitch black, they still work even after a few days. but they would be quite weak.

Charging for 5 - 10 min is not really needed as one minute accomplishes the same effect.

I had them on a TM Hicapa 4.3 that was all upgraded and kicked like a beast, the sights did not move or fall off.

I like them quite abit, and are FAR cheaper than trijicon sites. I have not had any fly off yet.

In fact I am off to my teammates house to get the last of them to put them on my Real Beretta.

After they are on my real beretta and I shoot my match this weekend, I will comment on if they stayed on the gun, or if they flew off... lol

In summary think of them like those TM Glock glow sites, but you can put them onto any gun you want, and they last a bit better then the TM sites. ( I had those too)

"When just seconds can mean life or death, the police are just minutes away"

"If you can read this, thank a teacher... Since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Last edited by johnnyrico; October 6th, 2009 at 19:16..
johnnyrico is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank