Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Usefullness of Pistols

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 8th, 2011, 18:50   #1
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Usefullness of Pistols

Not having any experience fielding an airsoft pistol, I'd like to ask those of you out there how practical pistols are for anything other than emergency situations. I know that the US army doesn't issue sidearms to most soldiers. But in airsoft, can a pistol hold its own against AEGs?
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 18:54   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Hell ya, and it'll make you a lighter, faster and more strategic player too. More steathy too, which is borne out of survival. Load it up with heavy BBs (0.28g minimum) and go have fun.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 19:05   #3
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

I played a game against mostly AEG's with my TM mk23....HOLY craps that was fun I killed many person and they almost always were wondering where the heck it was coming from
Old February 8th, 2011, 19:06   #4
ponyone

get one, lol there great and a safe way to go if ur in a cqb enviroment and ur worried about velocity and overshooting
ponyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 19:09   #5
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
i game pistols almost exclusively, and ask some people that play at flag raiders if its stopping me from getting kills xD

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 19:26   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contractor 6-8 View Post
I played a game against mostly AEG's with my TM mk23....HOLY craps that was fun I killed many person and they almost always were wondering where the heck it was coming from
Beauty of that is it's a close range sniper platform. Love it, did the same in a building, from the dark corner of a room lying prone behind a ladder on it's side with pieces of plywood leaning up against it, and it was on the oppostions floor of all places, snuck up there and started picking them off from less than 30ft using my KSC Mk23 Gen 1 with suppressor (drop hammer, pull trigger on double action, slide barely moves, next to no noise, but had to rack the slide to chamber a new round), got at least 6 kills up there before they realized they should toss a grenade in. Funniest part, half the guys thought someone stepped on a BB and sent it flying into their ass, the other half were looking out the windows for a sniper on the nearby roof.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 19:57   #7
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Ive played games excusively with "Hope".

When the shit hits the fan, "Dispair" makes her appearance.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:00   #8
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Beauty of that is it's a close range sniper platform. Love it, did the same in a building, from the dark corner of a room lying prone behind a ladder on it's side with pieces of plywood leaning up against it, and it was on the oppostions floor of all places, snuck up there and started picking them off from less than 30ft using my KSC Mk23 Gen 1 with suppressor (drop hammer, pull trigger on double action, slide barely moves, next to no noise, but had to rack the slide to chamber a new round), got at least 6 kills up there before they realized they should toss a grenade in. Funniest part, half the guys thought someone stepped on a BB and sent it flying into their ass, the other half were looking out the windows for a sniper on the nearby roof.
I know what you mean...last game a valleyfield Mall... I was alone near an ennemy respawn (lost my team :/) I was about to get out when I saw a bunch of ennemy coming in my direction. I went to a dark spot and got prone...I killed the first guy silently (TM NBB is SOOO quiet) all the guys went back and lit up the place XD they were aiming the wrong direction hahaha anyway...long story short I took out 4 of the bad guys before they all rushed the place...I didn't get killed but I went to cover.
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:06   #9
Jsofter

pistols are great. At the CQB field I play at almost everyone whose a regular there uses pistols only for most games. theres the occasional game where an aeg or gbbr are more advantageous but for the most part GBB pistols kick ass.
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:30   #10
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Even if used with AEG it's a good support. If I have a buddy to cover my ass or far enough from enemy I reload the primary, if not I have 20/25 more rounds ready. A lot of guys get shot like that : "Sweet he's out of ammo, easy kill" followed by an Epic Fail and a "Crap !" in the next seconds.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:32   #11
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

The way I look at it, you either need to be stealthy or have a TM Mk23 to be decent against AEG's, especially if they are upgraded.

Now that's not saying a sidearm is useful as backup. Many times I used a sidearm when my broke, ran out of ammo, or no time for a reload. Or when hiding in a bush while someone walks by
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:38   #12
Sha Do

Iskaryot, as you can see by the numerous players that have responded to your quiry, a pistol is infact very effective on the field, depending on how you utilize it.
They are effective as a back up "weapon" incase your primary fails on the field,
They are a great substitute as a primary for CQB and even better for those fast/stealth type players,
They can indeed hold their own against an AEG given the right situation (though don't get into a pissing contest against an M249),
And.......they are damn fun (they are the candy of airsoft).

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:41   #13
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
They can indeed hold their own against an AEG given the right situation (though don't get into a pissing contest against an M249)
Were we at the same game or does that happen often?

AND REMEMBER! IF IN DOUBT, RULE 13!

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showpos...9&postcount=16
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:51   #14
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Indoor I don't use anything but a pistol, they rule in cqb, outdoors if you want to make yourself a better player try using a pistol and get closer to your targets
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:57   #15
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

pistols are useful and fun
changes your mindset
a while back i ran 3 pistols for a day, (lack of mags) was different and hella fun.

last game ran my desert eagle and a sig indoor cqb game. you can move faster and hide better with a pistol then a rifle/smg
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank