Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

hello

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 12th, 2009, 02:41   #16
Ayashifx55

if your cool , get some unique stuffs

crosman springer tri-shot is awsome for the price, i suggest you to get one as it can be your future "backup" weapon, im serious. I have like 15 shells and i feel like a terminator.
Ayashifx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:24   #17
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
+1 on the saving money thing. This sport needs a minimum of $1000 to get started in properly, usually more like $1500. I know that probably seems like alot of money to a fourteen year old, but you'd be surprised how fast you can save it if you put your mind to it.

Lots of people will probably say you don't need nearly that much money, that you could get by on like three or four hundred. While it is true that you could field a kit and gun for that price, everything would be bargain basement quality and break quickly. Better off saving up and buying quality, at least that way you only have to buy once.
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:35   #18
msdtyu1

my plan is im going to get a tm (not shure which one) then every thing else so i know it will work. Also can i just use regular saftey glasses or is there better?

Thanks again for all the advice you guys dont have any idea how much it helps me.
msdtyu1
ps if refering to me you dont have to write msdtyu1 you could just write msd il get it.
msdtyu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:06   #19
Danneichh
Danneichh

Most fields require either paintball goggles or Ballistics Rated Eye Protection. Paintball goggles are easy enough to get ahold of, and ballistics glasses you can more often than not find in army surplus stores and the like.
Danneichh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:06   #20
L473ncy

Usually no you can't use regular "safety glasses" (I assume you mean like shop glasses).

It really depends on the field and what the owners insurance covers.

Some fields may require full paintball approved mask, some just paintball goggles, others sealed ballistics, and even others ballistic glasses (shooting glasses).

Usually it's the private fields will allow sealed ballistics/ballistics.

Although TM is a good starter brand, there are other guns available (if you have the capital). CA has good externals so all you really need to do is upgrade the internals and you're good to go. TM although great internals have kind of crappy externals and your body may end up breaking in which case you'll have to get a new body (definitely not cheap, especially metal bodies). Then you can get into crazier (more expensive) brands like VFC (Vega Force Co.), Real Sword, G&P, KWA, SystemA etc.

Although what kuro says is true you don't have to dump all that money at once.

I started off with hiking boots, bdu's, a gun (off the classifieds), a few mags and some borrowed stuff. Eventually I bought more gear and stuff. Total *initial* investment was probably around $600-700, however once the smoke cleared everything probably has set me back around $1000-1200.

We don't have a problem with newbies asking legitimate questions, just ones who don't use the search function that's right there (not to mention the other million threads with the same question in the section they're posting in) and wonder why we're so "hostile" towards newbies. If you have a question you think might be answered just do a quick search and if not then post in a new thread. Thats probably one of the reasons I have a low thread count since if I have a question I usually search and read the thread in it's entirety then and only then if I have further questions or need clarification will I post.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...Airsoft+Canada (Definition #2)
Old September 12th, 2009, 12:59   #21
Flowstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneichh View Post
Welcome aboard!! for the next couple years, you should concentrate on stockpiling a shiteload of everything you'll need other than a gun, such as BDU's, boots, and all that good stuff. L473ncy is right, your off to a good start, it's nice to have people who take the time to introduce themselves and get to know the community.
try to save up for it instead. as your only 14, you don't want to end up buying peices of your bdu that you can't fit into when your 18. save up around 1000 dollars by then and you should be golden for picking up a nice amount of gear to get you started and that you can actually end up keeping.

1000 bucks over 4 years = just over 20 bucks a month. if you can manage that, your on your way to great start.
Flowstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 13:50   #22
SuperCriollo

never be cheap with goggles, if it cost less than 50 bucks... is not worth it.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 03:18   #23
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdtyu1 View Post
my plan is im going to get a tm (not shure which one) then every thing else so i know it will work. Also can i just use regular saftey glasses or is there better?

Thanks again for all the advice you guys dont have any idea how much it helps me.
msdtyu1
ps if refering to me you dont have to write msdtyu1 you could just write msd il get it.
TM is very reliable internally, the internals will literally last you decades. The externals are unforunately all abs plastic and as mentioned not as sturdy as some of the full metal brands. For a first gun I personally would recomend a lightly upgraded Classic Army if you have the funds for it. As to the actuall model, since all airsoft guns work basically the same internally, how it looks like on the outside doesn't really matter and is entirely up to yourself. That said, the AK47/74, the M16/M4 and the mp5 are the three most common models and thus the ones easiest to get accessories and upgrades for.

As to goggles. Some informal places will let you use properly rated shop goggles. But any professional or semi-professional place will require paintball or balistic goggles. And honestly, you don't want to cheap out on the eye protection. Anything that is properly rated will stop bb's but if you cheap out they'll fog, they'll scratch, they'll basically all-round suck. Check with your local fields. Some of them demand paintball goggles for insurence purposes. If they don't then get balistic goggles like ESS: comfortable, won't fog at all, and are rated to stop double aught buckshot at twenty feet so they'll stop bbs without so much as a scratch. For comfort if nothing else, the two things you should definitely not cheap out on are eye protection and footwear.
Old September 13th, 2009, 18:19   #24
msdtyu1

ok i will be using a paint ball mask. Also my dad has the stininger tri shotty he let me try a shot with it in my back yard i live in the bush dont worry
msdtyu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank