Sniper role - is it for me ?

:

General

Old November 1st, 2009, 18:00   #16
Huge
formerly Huge94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Then I'll give you this info: ever play at Mirabel Paintball when an airsoft game is on? If so, you know about Hambuger Hill and the urban area with the church. Both times I played there this year, my MP5 barely got used (even after dark and with my NV scope on it, my focus was 95% M24 (and about 3% MK23) for both events. And I racked up at least a dozen kills each game using just my M24, it works great to pick off guys stuck in places where there is a lot of cover, they can dodge streams of BBs with ease, but a single green 0.36g fired from 150ft away.......... SLAP!!! Is all in the way you play the game, use your tools, and what your confidence level is. Last game there I never even fired a shot with my MP5, even though it was slung on my back half the time.
I have yet to play there but the way you talk about it makes me want even more to buy a BA. It's that versatility I'm looking for. Being able to feel the urgency to shoot while in other scenarios you wont have to shoot at all. Sometimes you shoot just for fun, sometimes you cannot shoot because of specific missions.

This is exactly what I am looking for in this sport.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 18:09   #17
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Then I should mention the "psychological warfare" aspect of being a sniper, guys holed up behind cover, you shoot at them to let them know you are there, even if you don't hit anyone. Just a single loud smack of a heavy BB every 5-10mins really sets guys in nervous mode, and you can literally keep most players pinned down for an hour this way. Been there, done that, love it!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 18:41   #18
Huge
formerly Huge94

Quote:
Then I should mention the "psychological warfare" aspect of being a sniper, guys holed up behind cover, you shoot at them to let them know you are there, even if you don't hit anyone. Just a single loud smack of a heavy BB every 5-10mins really sets guys in nervous mode, and you can literally keep most players pinned down for an hour this way. Been there, done that, love it!
haha this is incredible
Old November 1st, 2009, 19:05   #19
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I'll always remember the day I crawled for close to an houre, behing ennemy line in little cover. All I had was the underbrush of and my cadpat as camoflage. I crawled slowly to get into a nice firering position behind an ennemy entrenchement. There was 3 guys firing on my guys behing a large fallen tree. Since the angle was weird, I had to crawl in at about 100 fts of them. Laying as low as I could, I wacked the middle guy in his big padded vest. My 450fps rifle sent the 0.30g BB dead center in the guy back, making a loud hit. He called his hits and his teamate, suprised, looked at each other and quickly around, trying to spot the source of fire. I was now as flat as I could on the ground with nothing to hide. They did not saw me and made a run for it to get re enforcement. I quickly changed position once I was alone in the erea. I took a good position that afforded me some cover and a way of escape, and saw the 3 previous dudes plus some backup, comming for me. They where in a skirmish line, walking slowly and shooting at every bush. I had chosen a spot that I knew was unlikely to be considered a good hiding space for a sniper, and they walked past me. I was hiding in plain sight again.

Once they came past me, I very slowly raised my rifle and turned around, still half sitting, half prone, on the ground and levelled my sight on the back of the highest threat. When I was about the shoot him, my teamates emerged from the other side of the clearing and engaged them all. All I had to do was sit there and look at them killing the ennemy, while making sure to back my team. I stood there, still hiding to avoid being FF and later rejoined with my team.

It was a great infiltration.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 19:16   #20
Huge
formerly Huge94

ah man these stories really just want to make me take the sniper role right now. This is so the kind of rush I'm looking for.
Old November 1st, 2009, 21:32   #21
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Do whats best to make sure you have a fun.

It's a game afterall

Personally i wouldn't recommend a BA, theirs to much disadvantage in airsoft with them.

A nice M14 will give you the pleasure of both world.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 21:34   #22
Huge
formerly Huge94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Do whats best to make sure you have a fun.

It's a game afterall

Personally i wouldn't recommend a BA, theirs to much disadvantage in airsoft with them.

A nice M14 will give you the pleasure of both world.
It's true that its a disadvantage but like stated earlier, the adrenaline rush of knowing that just adds up to the playing experience IMO.

Anyways, you're right. It is a game and one shall do whatever it takes to just have fun !
Old November 1st, 2009, 21:37   #23
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
The disadvantage is offset with other advantages, and doing well with it is what sets apart the men from the boys.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 22:06   #24
FOX_111

Quote:
The disadvantage is offset with other advantages, and doing well with it is what sets apart the men from the boys.
Hahaha!

I agree about the adrenaline rush. Sometime, my heart beat so hard when I'm crawling toward the ennemy, knowing that I can only hope to shoot once and they can all light me up if I mess up. You really have to know how to control your breathing and manage your stress.

Never had such a rush when I play assault with an AEG.

Old November 1st, 2009, 22:09   #25
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

I've always hated sniping but this thread is making me reconsider. =)

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 22:12   #26
Steven

This is why I've started my own Sniper Project, just all these things combined make for the best airsoft game in my opinion. Cant wait to get started!
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 22:32   #27
FOX_111

Talking about sniping sound cool. Doing it for real is another thing.

Most of the time, you are forced to stand there and watch your teamate rack all the kills because you are either too close, or simply outgunned.

It's fascinating how much people dream about snipers and think it's cool and all. Doing it properly is another ball game like said many time before.

You have to be descently fit too.

Old November 1st, 2009, 22:48   #28
Huge
formerly Huge94

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post

Most of the time, you are forced to stand there and watch your teamate rack all the kills because you are either too close, or simply outgunned.

It's fascinating how much people dream about snipers and think it's cool and all. Doing it properly is another ball game like said many time before.

this is true, you cant be in that for the kill count, its not CS.

myself I really dont give a damn if I dont get a single kill, if I help my team win, is the only thing that matters
Old November 1st, 2009, 22:59   #29
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:

Exactly why I couldn't handle it.

I'll leave the sniping to getting fat on the couch with a laptop.

I am weak. =)

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 23:35   #30
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
Quote:
what is defined as decently? as in what is it that requires being fit? bugging out ASAP when you are spoted? because if that is it than I would be fine, I can sprint 200-300M before it starts catching up with me.
also if I were to start sniping which I am looking in to I would be doing it for a lower death count (I generally end up being the bait for the better players to find the enemy)
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General