Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Recently Bought a AUG.... Need Some Help!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 29th, 2005, 23:24   #1
CrazyChoda

Send a message via MSN to CrazyChoda
Recently Bought a AUG.... Need Some Help!

Hi,

I just recently got into Airsoft, and I bought a used AUG, before i picked it up i made sure to have a new spring and bushings installed. It fires someware around 330-340 at this point.

I would like to know what other upgrades i should put on my AUG
keep in mind that it is a civilian model, so it does not have the built in scope

also what secondary weapon would be a good idea for me to buy, i usally don't like to sit back and snipe, but i am not reckless, so someware in between that, so portability is definatly a factor.

any help would be appreciated,

thanks

Choda

Specs

TM AUG
new spring
bushings
Silencer
HiCap mag
stdcap mag
cost-380, with upgrades and hicap 450,
CrazyChoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 23:31   #2
Conscript
AKaholic

Hey Choda,

Congrats on the purchase, the AUG is a really nice gun (I've got one too). A good acsessory for an AUG such as yours that is shooting a good 350 is a red dot scope to replace the crappy stock sights that come with the AUG. Another good acsessory is a steel grip catch the guarder makes to make the vertical grip not break (You can hold the gun by the grip with this grip catch which with the stock grip catch would break the handle right off). Also another good secondary gun is a TM MP5-K. I have it as my secondary and I have used it for a good 10 games (8 of them which were outdoor) and it has far surpassed my expectations for a gun of its size and compactness (You can ask Dozer about the time I shot him twice in the neck while running with it on semi from a good 30 feet away!). Its got a V3 mechbox so a PDI 120% with bushings should make the gun very forimidable (I've played with the gun stock up till now and its still holding good)

Good luck with your gun!
Conscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 23:35   #3
CrazyChoda

Thanks for the help and the quick response

i should also mention i got the gun for $380, and it has a silencer on it, in case that helps or changes anyones ideas
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:50   #4
attack-beaver

a new inner barrel would help your acc. u can make the inner barrel go right through the silencer that is another good upgrade.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2005, 10:45   #5
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Buy more lowcaps, an AUG-specific battery, and a good RDS like the ones Lisa/Katey are selling. Walther Top Point, I think.
Old July 30th, 2005, 11:40   #6
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

Quote:
Originally Posted by attack-beacer
a new inner barrel would help your acc. u can make the inner barrel go right through the silencer that is another good upgrade.
A longer barrel on an aug may require a bore up kit. The aug already has one of the longest inner barrels available in stock TM guns. A tight bore will improve performance somewhat. Just remember the more you change the more you can break.

Also cleaning the inner barrel regularly will make a huge difference in performance.

Other then that stuff like a RDS or a low magnification (ie 2-7X50) scope, possibly a sling, a battery bag for a larger battery, extra mags, gear to hold said mags, bag to carry said gun and accessories.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2005, 23:44   #7
CrazyChoda

alright thanks you have all been a great help, also any other ideas for secondary
weapon would be great i am not sure if i should just get a GBB and what kind to get, or a smg etc., lmk i also don't have a unlimted budget so i really don't want to spend mre on my secondary weapon then i did on my aug
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:10   #8
gandar

Send a message via MSN to gandar
I wouldn't bother with a battery bag, they're kinda lame, just get a custom battery, I built a 9.6V 1500mAh battery, and it'll do me an entire day. It also fits in the buttstock without modification. If you're looking for a secondary, I'd go with Glock 19 or something. But rather than that, if you're not doing CQB, more mags, and maybe some accessories for your AUG would be a wiser choice I would say.

But definately an RDS, some more mags, and a sling, heaving that thing around all day could get tiring.

Alternatively, I could just light you on fire. - Me
gandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2005, 23:27   #9
CrazyChoda

Well I just played my first game with my new AUG today, unfortunatly the gun doc that installed the new componets forgot to install the hop-up, so i was hop-upless for the whole day at Flag Raiders. hopefully I can get it fixed soon, and I am defenalty going to get my self a RDS while I am getting my gun repaired. and a sling is also a good idea, I didn't notice the weight as much as i thought i would but it would still be nice to have

also thanks to Conscript for pointing out that my gun had no hop-up

-Choda
Old July 31st, 2005, 23:32   #10
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Are you sure you didn't just neglect to set the hopup?
Old August 1st, 2005, 01:15   #11
GMTII
WW2 Airsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChoda
alright thanks you have all been a great help, also any other ideas for secondary
weapon would be great i am not sure if i should just get a GBB and what kind to get, or a smg etc., lmk i also don't have a unlimted budget so i really don't want to spend mre on my secondary weapon then i did on my aug
For a secondary weapon what exactly do you mean? (like a pistol, or a small shotgun perhaps that you can just throw over your back)

I would recomend either a

full metal M9 beretta

or a

or even both (I hade 5 guns that I used while I played out on the feild when I first started)

Thompson (primary)
1911 (secondary)
M1934 (3rd)
Shotgun (and if all else fail'd I could pull out my shotgun
Derringer (If I ever mercyed anyone they knew that they were getting shot by the derringer no exceptions! )

Plus I had a mp5 a while back too but I switched between the Thompson and it when I was out on the feild.

Both the m9 and the 870 shotgun are excellent gun's. I have owned both and both are rather cheap guns In fact I just sold off my 870 for $200 just yesterday and it was practicly brand new with no problems at all.

So hope that helps. If your not into m9's then your next best bet would be a glock of some kind but I really dont know nothing about them, all I know is that there mostley all good. ahhhh all those different models, I just cant keep up.

Erik
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:14   #12
CrazyChoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyb
Are you sure you didn't just neglect to set the hopup?

well i thought that at first, and then i asked Conscript cause i knew that he probably knew more about augs then i do, so he took a look and told me it was the hop up, then after adjusting and again seeing its pitiful range and sporadic fire he said that there was no hop-up at all, the whole chamber was not installed, there was a hop-up on the gun when i test fired it at the store but after he installed the spring and bushings he must have forgotten to reinstall the hop-up
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:18   #13
CrazyChoda

[QUOTE=Erik_james

Both the m9 and the 870 shotgun are excellent gun's. I have owned both and both are rather cheap guns In fact I just sold off my 870 for $200 just yesterday and it was practicly brand new with no problems at all.

So hope that helps. If your not into m9's then your next best bet would be a glock of some kind but I really dont know nothing about them, all I know is that there mostley all good. ahhhh all those different models, I just cant keep up.

Erik[/QUOTE]

wow, i like. that small 870 would be perfect, but i am thinking because i have such a huge barrel on my AUG and a silencer my gun instant exactly that menoverable in tight places, so i that case i still want a gun that is powerfull and has some range behind it including some what of a high rate of fire, i am not sure if shotgun would do the trick but i really like it so i think i will look into it

to bad you sold it to someone else yesterday, i would have bought it!!
Old August 1st, 2005, 21:08   #14
GMTII
WW2 Airsofter

I'm not age veryifyed so I couldent post it up here on asc. I just posted it up on the local fourms. but yeah you should probably get a sling of some kind for your aug. That way you can just out th aug over your shoulder when you need the shotgun.

Erik
Old August 1st, 2005, 23:45   #15
CrazyChoda

i noticed that 870 is CQB witch is only one shot per shell, idon't think this would be my best option for a secondary weapon
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion