Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Grenade launchers

:

General

Old May 30th, 2013, 16:24   #61
OM3GA

You can use co2 with all of the Madbull shells, pretty much any shells in fact unless stated otherwise.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 22:45   #62
Heerven

I plan to buy a ARES GL-08 (for G36 only) this summer but I cant find it anywhere in Canada or USA.
Seems the product is new but nobody has it. I found one store in europe but if I can avoid customs...

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:09   #63
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3GA View Post
You can use co2 with all of the Madbull shells, pretty much any shells in fact unless stated otherwise.
Negative!

Only the XM108HP, XM204HP and XMPB4 should be considered for CO2 use. The others will work but at much lower PSI. Not worth bothering above propane pressures.

Higher 'outdoor usable' PSI will put extra stress on the firing pin/mechanism on the launchers. So much so that they tend to break.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:47   #64
amano999

I used to run the madbull shells but was dumb and blew all my seals by putting in too much psi. Had to uy rebuild kits for all of them at airsoftparts.ca

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pro-arms-...idge-3pcs.html

Been using these lately. Decent for indoor and cheap enough if anything breaks or u lose one you just buy another.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:21   #65
bigbuzz666

Send a message via MSN to bigbuzz666
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3GA View Post
Don't do that... Like Coach said, only the XM series are meant to be used with CO2...

And besides, if the idea of using compressed air (read here 2000 psi)... just don't... we tried it and... obviously what had to happen happened: first we were unable to fire the grenade using a launcher, since the pressure was so high we couldn't use the launcher trigger.... we used a punch and a hammer instead... and when it wend off... wwoooooaaaah... get out of the way (it was the rubber head grenade by madbull...) just don't try it .... oh and BTW, we completely internaly destroyed the grenade with this precedure...
bigbuzz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:23   #66
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuzz666 View Post
Don't do that... Like Coach said, only the XM series are meant to be used with CO2...

And besides, if the idea of using compressed air (read here 2000 psi)... just don't... we tried it and... obviously what had to happen happened: first we were unable to fire the grenade using a launcher, since the pressure was so high we couldn't use the launcher trigger.... we used a punch and a hammer instead... and when it wend off... wwoooooaaaah... get out of the way (it was the rubber head grenade by madbull...) just don't try it .... oh and BTW, we completely internaly destroyed the grenade with this precedure...
ummm... next time release some pressure via the fill valve... just sayin'...
Old June 10th, 2013, 21:45   #67
SargentDirtNapps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerven View Post
I plan to buy a ARES GL-08 (for G36 only) this summer but I cant find it anywhere in Canada or USA.
Seems the product is new but nobody has it. I found one store in europe but if I can avoid customs...
http://www.torontoairsoft.com/ST-G36...CK_p_2341.html

This is what im getting out of toronto. Would have had it today but someone at the post office had to *********************************** call in sick so I gotta wait. I can tell u how it looks.

How well do the M922a1 shells work for CO2? I have two coming, should I use them or just sell them?
SargentDirtNapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:40   #68
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargentDirtNapps View Post
http://www.torontoairsoft.com/ST-G36...CK_p_2341.html

This is what im getting out of toronto. Would have had it today but someone at the post office had to *********************************** call in sick so I gotta wait. I can tell u how it looks.

How well do the M922a1 shells work for CO2? I have two coming, should I use them or just sell them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Negative!

Only the XM108HP, XM204HP and XMPB4 should be considered for CO2 use. The others will work but at much lower PSI. Not worth bothering above propane pressures.

Higher 'outdoor usable' PSI will put extra stress on the firing pin/mechanism on the launchers. So much so that they tend to break.
M922A1 is a madbull shell. It can run low PSI CO2 but isn't worth using much over propane. Get the XM's
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:50   #69
Duckman

if in your research it doesn't say that they're made for co2 then dont consider them for high pressured co2 at all. hpa can work as long as you regulate the pressure to those similar to what you'd use with co2, say 400-600psi-ish. if running higher pressures you can expect to, at the very least, replace o'rings more frequently and lube VERY frequently. i've been lucky in that i've mostly only really have had to replace o'rings and and the odd bearing running well over 600psi.

an alternative to having a zillion 12g capsules is to get a large co2 tank and run a remote to your charger. i've done this, it works and it saves ALOT of time when trying to equalize pressure across multiple grenades (a dozen or so) when only using the 12g ones. all the functionality of the charger is intact so you can adjust the pressure when filling.

again...be VERY VERY VERY carefull when inserting super high pressure loads into the launcher!!!!! impromptu mortars are kinda scarey!!!!
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:01   #70
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
hpa can work as long as you regulate the pressure to those similar to what you'd use with co2, say 400-600psi-ish.
Nope. HPA won't work! HPA is air which remains in gas form when compressed. CO2 when compressed is in liquid form. Liquid CO2, much like Propane, is transferred to your grenade. (thus having the tank inverted when filling and also why Carl won't let us play with his toys!!)
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:09   #71
Duckman

hmmm....thought some have managed to do it...must be getting old. disregard hpa.
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:12   #72
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
hmmm....thought some have managed to do it...must be getting old. disregard hpa.
no that was his M249 (my old reliable) that can use both CO2 and HPA, all of our babies are strictly CO2
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:13   #73
coach
aka coachster

And the AK74...

caveat, HPA can work but not anywhere near the levels the 3 of us expected them to work.

Last edited by coach; June 11th, 2013 at 09:31..
Old June 15th, 2013, 18:39   #74
SargentDirtNapps

what pressure??

what CO2 pressure should I use in my M922a1 grenades on a stock launcher?
SargentDirtNapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 19:11   #75
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargentDirtNapps View Post
what CO2 pressure should I use in my M922a1 grenades on a stock launcher?
Propane or 250-300 max
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General