Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWC S&W 40f

:

Reviews

Old November 1st, 2009, 14:00   #1
The Lonely SCAR

Smile KWC S&W 40f

I purchased this pistol from my local surplus store for $99.99. At first glance I was skeptical about the quality, but after taking it out of the crappy clam packaging i really got excited about the weight of the gun, or should i say the mag. The mag actually weights a little more than the gun it self. The frame is a really nice solid ABS plastic, the inside where the slide meets the frame is metal. The slide on the other hand is bad plastic, very brittle and just plain crap it feels like u good snap it in two with one hand, I will need to replace it with a metal one but for now it is fine. The internals are very nice full metal and seem pretty durable, although the barrel and hop up could use some work because the accuracy is pretty bad. The power is really high I chronographed mine with .20g BB bastard and it was shooting around 400 fps. Which from what I have read is a bit high to actually game with, especially in CQB which pistols are made for. So I was a little disappointing but I never really play that much with other people just target practice so its alright. The magazine is one of the biggest downfalls of this gun read the pro's and Con's for info.

Pro's
great plastic on frame
price
looks great after paint job (personal preference)
good internals
feels very good in hand
power (could be a con)
capacity(only good part about mag)
uncommon (I don't like to be the same, that's why i don't have an m4)
Individual serial code
trades (poorly engraved though)

Con's
CO2 (if you have lots of $$$ it could be a pro)
slide (bad plastic)
accuracy (longer barrel should fix it)
lack of aftermarket parts (that's what I get for trying to be different)
magazine (expensive, heavy, cant fit in normal mag pouches, the little bit where you pull down the spring is plastic and fell off, I don't know if mine was just a lemon but when i got it both sides of the feed nozzle were bent in and since it is built into the magazine i had to take a very sharp knife and shave off some metal on the nozzle so that the bb's could fit through)

Both the slide and frame were clear so I quickly grabbed my krylon paint and painters tape and took it to my garage. I am still a big noob to airsoft and painting airsoft. So dont be to critical about my paint job........ or my photography.

pictures coming as soon as I figure out how to post them lol

Lou
Old November 1st, 2009, 16:46   #2
notec

I have the Softair S&W Sigma 40f.........pretty much the same as yours but mine has a fake silencer and a longer inner barrel with the metal slide.......I love it. I will try to post pictures of mine later.

Last edited by notec; November 1st, 2009 at 17:23.. Reason: Add pictures
notec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 20:07   #3
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

give it around 10 mags, and you'll start to see a large crack at the front of the plastic slide, wich would eventually break it, because of the high pressure from the co2....

so if i was you, I'll go return it... (since everything made for this gun is discontinued everywhere)
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:51   #4
The Lonely SCAR

It's only $99.99 if it breaks it's not that big a loss.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 09:48   #5
Diabolic Tyrant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely SCAR View Post
It's only $99.99 if it breaks it's not that big a loss.
but its $100 better spent on something else. If your being warned that it WILL break then its no different then flush a hundred dollar bill down the toliet. and if 100 isnt such a big loss, shit spread the love send some my way.
Diabolic Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:53   #6
The Lonely SCAR

lol I'm Going to buy a KWA g36c next, and your right might just sell it if I need some extra cash. Plus I'm more of a collector and less of a gamer so my guns tend to barely take any damage other than target practice.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 19:08   #7
Diabolic Tyrant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely SCAR View Post
lol I'm Going to buy a KWA g36c next, and your right might just sell it if I need some extra cash. Plus I'm more of a collector and less of a gamer so my guns tend to barely take any damage other than target practice.
Judging by the fact you arent AVd and you are buying cansoft im guessing your underage. Wait till your 18 and buy something worth your cash. As said in one of the FAQs just because you have a gun doesnt mean your allowed to play. Collecting airsoft is kinda useless too underage cause both A: Its a waste of money as that could be spent on a car or new tv, and B: If you dont want them any more then you cant sell them on here and if they are sold on craigs list they will more than likely be flagged for removal. Wait till your 18 and avd then buy a gun.
Diabolic Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 00:51   #8
KoolAidMan

you just made me realise that your allowed to drive at 16 but not play airsoft . thats kinda backwards ? isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:31   #9
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidMan View Post
you just made me realise that your allowed to drive at 16 but not play airsoft . thats kinda backwards ? isn't it?
Dude, once you stop trying to justify or comprehend the laws around airsoft the more sensible your life is gonna be. Their the way they are. Their not gonna change any time soon. They don't make sense. Their not in place to make anyone happy other than soccer moms who seem to be the ones running the country. Just come to terms with this already.

You can also shoot real guns before your 18 too, don't let that one fry your noggin too much either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:07   #10
KoolAidMan

Don't mind me i tend to notice things most people pass by without a glance or everthink somethings .

things are good the way they are now in airsoft keeps out undesirable people from getting there hands on them.

Quote:
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
Old November 4th, 2009, 08:27   #11
Frozen Tex

Hell, a friend of mine is gonna buy a Real Steel 1911 for less than I paid for my GBB 1911...

That'll blow your mind right there... the real thing is cheaper and easier to get than the toy.

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:06   #12
KoolAidMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
Hell, a friend of mine is gonna buy a Real Steel 1911 for less than I paid for my GBB 1911...

That'll blow your mind right there... the real thing is cheaper and easier to get than the toy.
What has the world come to when a toy of a gun cost more then the real thing.... lol

Quote:
Old November 4th, 2009, 16:49   #13
notec

Dunno, you ever check prices south of the border....lol
http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.airsoft
They are probably crap though :-)
notec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 16:53   #14
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by notec View Post