Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Suggestion for FPS

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 5th, 2009, 06:43   #16
LUTNIT

Very true...but I am a gun doc (but I'm also slow and careful with everything, broken a few too many things in the past by trying to be quick.)

To the original post...

If the box says its a 300fps MP7 its probably a lie or chronying with .12's. The TM MP7 I owned shot a consistent 250fps and the Tactical Force MP7 I owned shot 260fps and it alone was quite high. I have never heard of an MP7 out of the box shooting 300fps.

My longest ranged AEG ever is my TM M14. It seems like no matter what it chronies it outranges everything else I have experience with. Even at 360fps it could outrange most 399fps guns. I have it set to semi only and its currently sitting around 415fps and can shoot further than any sniper rifle I have used including 500fps ones. I find hopup has more to do with range than anything else. Not just hopup settings but hopup type, how well the barrel sits, build quality, hopup rubber type, etc. Armalites tend to be mediocre at best, G36's are quite nice, and nothing I have seen can touch a TM M14 hopup.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:25   #17
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIVEZS View Post
here a good read from cdn_stalker
Yay! I got quoted!

Funny thing, I just finished replacing the spring (and the hop up rubber) in my main MP5 which I use for outdoors, shot horribly at 400fps all last year, it now sits around 360-370fps which is the ideal area for AEGs to shoot outdoors (I exclusively use 0.28g BBs). And my other MP5 now sits around 300fps (I think my spring stayed compressed for a while), last year was 330-340fps and had used it outdoors as well with great performance using 0.28g.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:50   #18
smith
Admits to killing Jimmy Hoffa

Ya, my L96 which I've got to downgrade as it's to hot for most fields will actually be outranged by a lot of lower-fps guns.
smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:19   #19
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
Very true...but I am a gun doc

I wasn't trying to undermine you, I was just saying that he should take it to a gun doc because a first time exercise into a mechbox can last 7 hours of headache depending on the task, of which I'm sure we both have experienced early on.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:53   #20
Crunchmeister

FPS isn't everything. My gun with the best range and accuracy also happens to be the one with the lowest muzzle velocity - my Real Sword Type 56 which shoots a nice 310 fps.
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:53   #21
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post

I wasn't trying to undermine you, I was just saying that he should take it to a gun doc because a first time exercise into a mechbox can last 7 hours of headache depending on the task, of which I'm sure we both have experienced early on.
Five nights for my first time. Lol
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:58   #22
Naerah

Send a message via ICQ to Naerah Send a message via MSN to Naerah
Quote:

QFT! Well my g36 mechbox is quite a pain every time i open it. Every time i ended up letting open for a night and starting over again the morning after. Last time i broke my selector plate(i don't even know how i managed to do that) while triing to put the mechbox back in the grip. Glued it with epoxy but i dont know how much time it will hold but anyway i'm ordering a new one tomorrow(sorry for the little thread jack but any hint on how im suppose to install a g36 selector plate?). So my advice, go see a gun doc if you can, could save you a lot of frustration.
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:27   #23
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerah View Post
QFT! Well my g36 mechbox is quite a pain every time i open it. Every time i ended up letting open for a night and starting over again the morning after. Last time i broke my selector plate(i don't even know how i managed to do that) while triing to put the mechbox back in the grip. Glued it with epoxy but i dont know how much time it will hold but anyway i'm ordering a new one tomorrow(sorry for the little thread jack but any hint on how im suppose to install a g36 selector plate?). So my advice, go see a gun doc if you can, could save you a lot of frustration.
The G36 has to be set in semi-auto, and you have to manually slide the selector plate so it lines up with the switch.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:17   #24
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
FPS isn't everything. My gun with the best range and accuracy also happens to be the one with the lowest muzzle velocity - my Real Sword Type 56 which shoots a nice 310 fps.
BBs with hop up seem to be more stable at lower velocities is what I've found over the years.
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:41   #25
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
45 minutes...maybe for some easily disassembled AEG's like AUG's and P90's but armalites and G36's I am usually looking at 60-90 minutes for a quick take down and reassemble, doing everything properly and double checking things. Hell, I consider 45 minutes just to take my M14 apart a good time.
Lol, like 5 or 10 minutes for an AUG or P90

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:47   #26
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
450fps w/.20's for BOLT ACTION sniper rifles
not necessarily, i dont know exactly for manitoba, but 450 is for all snipers, semi-auto included. That being said, if i were to increase my M14 to 450fps, i would have to ensure that it can only be fired in semi-auto, and remove the auto-feature all together.

EDIT:

i was planning on upgrading my M14 to 400 fps +/- 10fps. That, along with a Prometheus 6.03mm inner barrel (as well as internal upgrades). I was also planning on using .28g bbs. am i to understand that my accuracy will be worse now because of that?

Last edited by Donster; February 5th, 2009 at 10:50..
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:51   #27
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
not necessarily, i dont know exactly for manitoba, but 450 is for all snipers, semi-auto included. That being said, if i were to increase my M14 to 450fps, i would have to ensure that it can only be fired in semi-auto, and remove the auto-feature all together.

EDIT:

i was planning on upgrading my M14 to 400 fps +/- 10fps. That, along with a Prometheus 6.03mm inner barrel (as well as internal upgrades). I was also planning on using .28g bbs. am i to understand that my accuracy will be worse now because of that?
TM MOSFET, and program full auto as single.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:56   #28
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
No, why would you think that? Tightbore + heavy BB's = better accuracy.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 13:24   #29
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
TM MOSFET, and program full auto as single.
Bingo! Shoot DonP a PM and get a semi only TM unit. And also, not up to speed on his Version 2 models (I have one to test, but no guns to test it in!?! Both my MP5s have the original Trigger Master in them, field gun SD set to 3rd burst, and my backup/indoor A5 with a custon programmed IC set to adjust to double tap) that involve only a Deans connector mounted on the wiring, aka. means you can move it from gun to gun as you like, no internal wiring changes.
Old February 5th, 2009, 15:55   #30
Naerah

Send a message via ICQ to Naerah Send a message via MSN to Naerah
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
The G36 has to be set in semi-auto, and you have to manually slide the selector plate so it lines up with the switch.
Thanks, i just wanted to make sure before i break something else hehe.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank