Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

underage airsofting

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 1st, 2009, 22:28   #1
canadauni

underage airsofting

Hey everybody I was just wondering about playing airsoft on Vancouver Island while underage and that means renting a gun.

Thanks
canadauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 22:31   #2
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Most fields stay strict to the 18+ rule, in the end its up to the host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 22:36   #3
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Talk to your host first, and then take it from there. It depends how old you are too.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 22:40   #4
canadauni

I turn 16 in a couple of months. But if this doesn't work me and my friends will just clearsofting each other until we are age verifiable and then we will invest in something nice.
canadauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 23:12   #5
Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadauni View Post
I turn 16 in a couple of months. But if this doesn't work me and my friends will just clearsofting each other until we are age verifiable and then we will invest in something nice.
That sounds like a plan.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 23:13   #6
L473ncy

I don't know which team is closer to you. Either CIA (Central Island Airsoft) (http://www.vancouverislandairsoft.com) or SIR (South Island Rangers) (uses BCAC forum for their team forum) but go and ask them what they will allow.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 15:48   #7
Turnbull

Although we do not condone the use of airsoft or airsoft related materials by minors, if you do somehow get your hands on these products, please use them safely, preferrably under adult supervision. I know it's probably the same thing you've heard hundreds of times, but an accident with any type of airgun, paintball gun, or any other related product for that matter, reflects very poorly on the airsoft communities of Canada in general. We're already fighting to gain more acceptance, and I'm not saying that you're stupid, or immature or anything of the sort, just be careful, for your sake, and for the sake of Airsoft in Canada.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 20:00   #8
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnbull View Post
Although we do not condone the use of airsoft or airsoft related materials by minors, if you do somehow get your hands on these products, please use them safely, preferrably under adult supervision. I know it's probably the same thing you've heard hundreds of times, but an accident with any type of airgun, paintball gun, or any other related product for that matter, reflects very poorly on the airsoft communities of Canada in general. We're already fighting to gain more acceptance, and I'm not saying that you're stupid, or immature or anything of the sort, just be careful, for your sake, and for the sake of Airsoft in Canada.
Possessing an airsoft gun is not illegal.
Not only it reflects the community, it affects everyone..
Using the airsoft gun incorrectly can lead you by a police raid that can probably get you killed, or thrown into jail, where your parents have to do a bunch of paper work, and paying for the fines you have committed.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 20:20   #9
L473ncy

I know if you're heading over to Van you can get in on games with Op-For provided you're 16+. Parents must sign waiver at field IN FRONT OF admin or field marshal. After that I believe they can head over to Park Royal or Metrotown or whatever then pick you up at the end of the day.
Old April 4th, 2009, 13:37   #10
Turnbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Possessing an airsoft gun is not illegal.
Not only it reflects the community, it affects everyone..
Using the airsoft gun incorrectly can lead you by a police raid that can probably get you killed, or thrown into jail, where your parents have to do a bunch of paper work, and paying for the fines you have committed.
Yes, while not being illegal, the sale of an airsoft gun to a minor, is illegal. With the pressure that Airsoft, as a sport, is already under, having a minor running around with an aeg that his/her parents bought them can reflect badly on the airsoft community as a whole. On the other hand, if your parents are willing to become active members of the community, I know there are certain fields which allow minors who are over the age of 16, to play in an airsoft game, providing that the parents sign a waiver and are present. But that wasn't my point. What I was trying to get across is that as a minor, if you somehow bought a gun off a member of ASC, then the community will take a huge hit if there is an incident. I'm not saying that you'll go do something stupid, but should something happen, it will reflect very badly on airsoft as a sport, and a community.

The requirement of being 18+ ensures that everyone who purchases an aeg is legally responsible for their actions.

EDIT: Also, I just re-read my original post. I didn't say that owning an airsoft gun was illegal...
Old April 4th, 2009, 13:41   #11
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnbull View Post
Yes, while not being illegal, the sale of an airsoft gun to a minor, is illegal. With the pressure that Airsoft, as a sport, is already under, having a minor running around with an aeg that his/her parents bought them can reflect badly on the airsoft community as a whole. On the other hand, if your parents are willing to become active members of the community, I know there are certain fields which allow minors who are over the age of 16, to play in an airsoft game, providing that the parents sign a waiver and are present. But that wasn't my point. What I was trying to get across is that as a minor, if you somehow bought a gun off a member of ASC, then the community will take a huge hit if there is an incident. I'm not saying that you'll go do something stupid, but should something happen, it will reflect very badly on airsoft as a sport, and a community.

The requirement of being 18+ ensures that everyone who purchases an aeg is legally responsible for their actions.

EDIT: Also, I just re-read my original post. I didn't say that owning an airsoft gun was illegal...
Technically, the sale of any replica firearm is prohibited. However, the sale of an airgun to a minor is only illegal in Ontario.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 15:37   #12
Turnbull

I'm pretty sure thats illegal in Quebec too, come to think of it. I always had to use fake ID to buy my airguns at Wal Mart lol.
Old April 4th, 2009, 16:49   #13
Zilgorn_Zeypher

On Vancouver Island there are only 2 teams that I am aware of South Island Rangers in the Victoria are and CIA up in Nanamo.. However both teams have very strict 18+ age no 16 even if you parrents concent.. This is for liabuility reasons and there is no way around it...

So please wait until your 18 then we will be more than happy to have you play with us
Zilgorn_Zeypher is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank