winter ghillie

:

Gear Discussion

Old August 23rd, 2008, 15:28   #1
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder

winter ghillie

Hey all,

I just started my last ghillie project, a winter ghillie and I have a few questions about materials used, and BDU's.

So, a few days ago, I went to Windsor for material, found 9M of white material, and some ACU material that I picked up for no reason. The price was good, $3.37/M for the white stuff, and the ACU was only $10.40/M. I go home, and I remembered that I forgot the BDUs, and my mom will not drive me to Windsor for another month or so. I was told about a store near by to my house that carrys white coveralls, and I was wondering if coveralls are better than BDUs. I was also wondering if I should just use white material and sew it on the back of the coveralls, or also add some other stuff, like very small strips of the ACU.

thanks.
hot_shot under fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2008, 15:37   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Literally all depends on how easy it will be for you to get into and out of the thing. Picture wearing boots, wither clothes and such, and trying to put your ghillie on at a game. Maybe something like a cape would serve you better, allowing you to use it as a ghillie while lying prone, but with a woodland BDU would help you while in among trees. A winter ghillie is only useful in total white conditions, but if playing in a forest, you really don't want a full white outfit, it'll make you a target much easier than if you have a woodland/white combo.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2008, 15:49   #3
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder

so mabey i should add some ACU to it to add some contrast and make it more fit for almost every environment? forest, hills, open fields and such?
hot_shot under fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2008, 17:04   #4
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I don't use a ghillie for winter. Just a standard issued white cover.

Depending on your erea, you could add some white burlap onto it to break your shape further. But I'd keep it as a cover all. Definatly not a BDU, like for summer.

In winter, I find that it's not really the BDU you use, but how well placed you are that make the difference. Silhouette (background) is much more important in whiter, since most of the stuff is white, but everthing else is dark.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion