Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > How To
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Build a Li-po Alarm?

:

How To

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:50   #1
L9OBL
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Build a Li-po Alarm?

Hey I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make Li-po alarms because I am terrible a keeping track of them and am tired of having to pay 10$+ plus S&H to replace them. so being able to build them from parts in the city would help a lot. There are a couple electronics and hobby stores around (RC and etc) so supplies shouldn't be a problem. Thanks

Note: I am looking to build one with an alarm I'm not too fond of the display types and it needs to fit in a battery buffer tube (the one from airsoft-depot)
L9OBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:54   #2
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
10$ + S/H? where are you shopping?

Those things are worth about 1-3$ shipped from Hong Kong! LOL

http://cgi.ebay.ca/RC-Lipo-Battery-L...item255fb7b6aa

Just buy a bunch of those, its much easier and cheaper then building them yourself!
__________________
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:04   #3
L9OBL
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
10$ + S/H? where are you shopping?

Those things are worth about 1-3$ shipped from Hong Kong! LOL

http://cgi.ebay.ca/RC-Lipo-Battery-L...item255fb7b6aa

Just buy a bunch of those, its much easier and cheaper then building them yourself!
Airsoft-Depot and airsoftparts and well every other Canadian airsoft store.

did kind of forget to say I need one for this weekend but thats a good Idea I'll probably start shopping there for alarms, thanks
L9OBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 17:13   #4
Slodin
 
Slodin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Surrey B.C
I bought this for 5 bucks..along with a bunch of other stuff for my airsoft gun
like mags and charger, batteries...so shipping would even out for me..(although for the hong kong package..DHL charged me 24 dollars import fee..if you use the USA warehouse, i think u wont be charged)

This thing fitted like perfect with my lipo battery sitting in the top battery compartment where most batteries are for AKs..

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ker_Alarm.html
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 17:21   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
how do you lose track of them? get a compartmented battery box... at the end of the game, put your battery in it with the alarm in one of the bins.. done.. not lost.
__________________
I futz with V2s, V3s and V6s. I could be wrong... but probably, most likely not, as far as I know.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 07:58   #6
pzrwest
 
pzrwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cardiff, Ontario, Canada
Send a message via AIM to pzrwest Send a message via MSN to pzrwest Send a message via Yahoo to pzrwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
10$ + S/H? where are you shopping?

Those things are worth about 1-3$ shipped from Hong Kong! LOL

http://cgi.ebay.ca/RC-Lipo-Battery-L...item255fb7b6aa

Just buy a bunch of those, its much easier and cheaper then building them yourself!
I have one of the low battery indicator units and it works great. At least it did in my electric aircraft so it should work just as well in a lipo battery airsoft gun
__________________
pzrwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 15:47   #7
SuperHog
 
SuperHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
None of those Lipo alarms will worked for a standard geared AEG that runs on motors. The sudden high current drain from each shots drops the voltage so fast, that they all trigger even with a fully charged Lipo battery. Those Lipo alarms will only work on HPA convert AEG because the computer boards draws the current at such a low rate and the voltage drops are not sudden thus it work fine.

The best Lipo alarm and the only one that truly works is the Wolf Dragon. It was designed specifically for stock AEG's using motor/gearbox setup. The Wolf Dragon will not give off a false battery low buzz but will only do it if the settle voltage is below the safe threshold to prevent permanant damage to the Lipo cells.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 17:31   #8
shawzie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
None of those Lipo alarms will worked for a standard geared AEG that runs on motors. The sudden high current drain from each shots drops the voltage so fast, that they all trigger even with a fully charged Lipo battery. Those Lipo alarms will only work on HPA convert AEG because the computer boards draws the current at such a low rate and the voltage drops are not sudden thus it work fine.

The best Lipo alarm and the only one that truly works is the Wolf Dragon. It was designed specifically for stock AEG's using motor/gearbox setup. The Wolf Dragon will not give off a false battery low buzz but will only do it if the settle voltage is below the safe threshold to prevent permanant damage to the Lipo cells.
Or just use a higher C rated battery and you can use the cheap ones. I run 30C and I've never had an issue. Higher C lipo will maintain the higher voltage under load.
shawzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 08:41   #9
SuperHog
 
SuperHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawzie View Post
Or just use a higher C rated battery and you can use the cheap ones. I run 30C and I've never had an issue. Higher C lipo will maintain the higher voltage under load.
A higher C rated battery can still be damaged if a player shoots to the point the voltage is below 3V. A good Lipo alarm is still needed.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:25   #10
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
What he's saying is that a higher C rated battery will be more compatible with a $10 off the shelf lipo alarm
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 19:15   #11
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.
 
Thenooblord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sherwood Forest
Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-1...3-0aced3477f7f
__________________

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > How To

Bookmarks
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.