Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Opinion on Traps in Airsoft

:

General

Old March 14th, 2009, 19:02   #16
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Tornado grenade + fishing line attached to the pin, in the 1 second delay hole = Great booby kill and shit in your pants factor for the noobs
The pins are damn hard to pull out, I don't think a trip wire will be enough to detonate a Tornado.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 19:10   #17
Staverous

Send a message via MSN to Staverous
Hehe, I guess it is time to get building a prototype then. Maybe I will have it perfected by Claybank.
Staverous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 19:35   #18
RICKBO

Send a message via MSN to RICKBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Tornado grenade + fishing line attached to the pin, in the 1 second delay hole
Pull the rubber nub out of the hole beside the pin and it's instantaneous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
The pins are damn hard to pull out, I don't think a trip wire will be enough to detonate a Tornado.
Set the pin out a little so it's easier to be pulled?
Last edited by RICKBO; 1 Minute Ago at 01:37 PM.
RICKBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 19:43   #19
Staverous

Does anyone else have an idea for a trap or some other device to be used in the field. I would like to get some more ideas. Depending on how everything goes I might start offering some of these in the classifieds if they work really well.
Old March 14th, 2009, 19:46   #20
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
I've been hit by a 203 point blank to the chest and I can't say I liked it but it wasn't high FPS. If you made it hit people in the legs and keep it to 60 rounds max, it'd probably be alright.
Old March 14th, 2009, 19:48   #21
Staverous

The thought was to use the 48rd POM shells, cause they are cheap and from what I hear they are less powerful, than a madbull or king arms.
Old March 14th, 2009, 20:09   #22
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staverous View Post
Does anyone else have an idea for a trap or some other device to be used in the field. I would like to get some more ideas. Depending on how everything goes I might start offering some of these in the classifieds if they work really well.

I have a KSC M11A1 that I once thought of zip tying to a tree set up with a trip wire to use as a boobytrap, would be fucking brilliant to take out a patrol............ if you have one of course. Is a useless gun to use outdoors anyways, but would serve well as a boobytrap.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 20:14   #23
RICKBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staverous View Post
Does anyone else have an idea for a trap or some other device to be used in the field.
Me and another guy here had were going to try following the plan for the PVC pipe IEDs.

1/2" pvc around 6" long cut at an angle to make a spike to stick in the ground, other end in a coupling 1/2" to 3/4" then a 1' 3/4" pvc pipe with a 45º coupling on top to make up the externals.

Internally there was to be placed a small round metal object (Something that would sit inside the 3/4" pipe but sit on top of the 1/2 pipe.) a spring and a second small round metal object (Ideally a milimeter less than 3/4")

Compress the spring and find a decent location to drill a hole and place a 'pin'.

Pin holds the spring down and is tied to make a tripwire. the pin (inside the pipe) the second small round metal object sits on top of the spring (with the pin either on the spring or on top of this piece) and has an ammount of bb's on top. When the wire is 'tripped' the pin is pulled, spring tension released and the bb's are shot up into the 45º coupling for a directional spray.

Let me go now to MS paint to give you a visual.

LEGEND:
Light gray-PVC pipe
dark gray-Couplings
Red-Pin
Blue-Spring
Yellow- Small round metal objects
Old March 14th, 2009, 20:23   #24
m102404
Tys

I like the ideas...it's be a great defensive setup.

People are naturally going to bitch about getting wailed on by so many shots at once...but if it proves safe (i.e. point blank safe) it'll be all good.

The biggest downside I see is directing the shots upwards...it'll go right towards any gaps that exist between the bridge of the nose and goggles/glasses (asian no-bridge syndrome). If it's directed a thigh/waist level...it's perfect.

Spring power is best....gas is too temperature sensitive/tempermental...besides, you'll want to set it back up after it's blown without having to carry around a propane tank or a bunch of shells. Resetting it with a handy stick in the MSpaint diagram above can't be much easier.

Why not rig it so that the main barrel/assembly is more horizontal and the pin is pull downward off a pulley to redirect the trip wire?

Need prototype pics!
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 20:32   #25
Staverous

If you modded the gun to have a MOSFET trigger then you could set up a pretty easy trap to be able to do a burst or fire till empty, but yah this would work pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
I have a KSC M11A1 that I once thought of zip tying to a tree set up with a trip wire to use as a boobytrap, would be fucking brilliant to take out a patrol............ if you have one of course. Is a useless gun to use outdoors anyways, but would serve well as a boobytrap.
RICKBO:
I think I saw that one before and yah that is a great trap, with a bit of refinement it could be pretty easy and cheap to build.
Old March 14th, 2009, 20:33   #26
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

AI Grenades with wire.

Edit: nvm, I didn't notice wildcard saying that. -.-

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 20:34   #27
Wrath144
formerly steyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKBO View Post
*snip*
This works. I've tried it. I used an AEG spring.
Wrath144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 20:39   #28
lemegacool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
omg you just gived me and idea... infrared motion detection solenoid trigered m11 trap sweeet

and for ideas

http://unconventional-airsoft.com/20...ripwire-mines/
http://unconventional-airsoft.com/20...abled-bb-trap/

EDIT : i find that one pretty interresting...YouTube - How to make a airsoft claymore

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry

Last edited by lemegacool; March 14th, 2009 at 20:50..
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 20:45   #29
RICKBO

Yeah, I've seen all the supplies I'd need locally, except the 1/2" to 3/4" coupling.

Also, the top 45º coupling is to be removed after it has been fired to push the spring back down.

Furthermore, You can paint this to whatever colour scheme your area has. Use elastics to attach branches,leaves, and the sort.
You just need to remember where it was placed.
Old March 14th, 2009, 21:01   #30
Staverous

That Claymore is pretty interesting. Thanks for the links to the Unconventional Airsoft also, I took a look and there were a couple other things that seemed pretty interesting. Like the automated turret. Heheh that would just be entertaining.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General