Magpul PTS Masada ACR review

:

Reviews

Old October 3rd, 2011, 22:12   #31
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammer View Post
It's true they stop the masada PTS at Hk ? i have 2 friends who told me that... ;(
Wouldn't know, but I just got my PTS Masada and haven't had any problems about 360ish rounds in.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 19:22   #32
Ghostrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammer View Post
It's true they stop the masada PTS at Hk ? i have 2 friends who told me that... ;(
I sent a email at Ehobbyasia about that (was a bit surprise too), they told me that they did not and that magpul PTS have problem with production/too mutch demands ... might be a try from the canadian shops to raise prices ...
Old October 5th, 2011, 19:32   #33
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

I just received my PTS today. So a quick comparison between the A&K and PTS versions.

The PTS version is lighter than the A&K and has a thinner pistol grip. Also the charging handle is in a more forward position. I personally think the A&K version has nicer trades as well as a nicer finish. Internally there is no comparison, the PTS blows the A&K away. But as the A&K has a 100% TM compatible gearbox and inner barrel it can easily be made a true competitor. The A&K's only true weak point is its proprietary hop up unit which is made of brittle clear plastic. And if it breaks you are pretty well fucked. A&K released a metal nozzle and hop up parts but you still need to use some of the stock parts and the machining is very poor making the metal hop up useless.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 03:42   #34
BIGMEDCIN

I recently picked up a new Magpul Masada PTS, out of the box accuracy was moderate, fps was consistently good but BBs hooked left and some right, put a Maddbull AK length Barrel (stock barrel a little short for a full length Cyl loss of some fps ) with Guarder hop rubber, now accuracy is good, not a tack driver but good, I found the hop adjustment rod has not enough adjustment to get full hop on ..025 BBs (this was with stock rubber and new one) I cut a small piece of the stock rubber laid it on top of the new hop rubber with a very thin layer of liquid tape (as to not effect the hop but keep it in place while assembling) it now will adjust a .025 BB but almost at its full adjustment, I would not be able to run say .028s! it also has barrel wobble, not a lot but the quick detachable barrel system is not rock solid when you twist the bbl in, I may use some Teflon tape to take up some thread tolerance but it doesn't seem to be effecting accuracy ..yet?.

I have used the gun in three games and dumped approx 4000rds with no inturnal issues, trigger issues, the gear box sounds fine, motor whines a bit even after adjustment, it shoots 390fps and I use a 9.6 Ak battery.

I feel the gun has some great features and built with good materials, its balance and feel are great, I am a little disappointed in the out of box usability though, for the price they are they should be ready to go, especially when you look at some other manufactures that sell guns for $150-$200 less and your accuracy and dependability are similar??

At this point though I like it very much, had to spend to much time tuning and extra money to get it there but oh well I have confidence in it now so we will see! next part to replace will be the motor as suggested by Kampfer.
BIGMEDCIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 11:19   #35
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Yea the AK batteries fit very nicely in the handguard. No movement nothing I keep both of mine in there during games, 1 for use 1 for backup.
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:19   #36
bizkilter

A&K or Magpul?

Looking at picking one up, soo, which would be the better bet, A&K or Magpul?
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:39   #37
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkilter View Post
Looking at picking one up, soo, which would be the better bet, A&K or Magpul?
I honestly like the A&K better. As it is almost 100% TM compatable you can build it into whatever you want.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 14:39   #38
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Magpul one, I have heard many a bad thing about the A&K version.
Old October 7th, 2011, 16:06   #39
bizkilter

Comparing the two based on price alone, the A&K wins. From what I've read the internals aren't really that different.. I'm a magpul whore normally so I'm leaning that way I'm just wondering if it's really worth it.
Old October 7th, 2011, 20:50   #40
SuperHog

What about going with the PTS for the nice externals and replacing the mech box completely?

Are the PTS mags fitting well are they loose?
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 00:50   #41
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
the gearbox of the PTS ACR is made by Ares.. i think that says it all.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:31   #42
bizkilter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
the gearbox of the PTS ACR is made by Ares.. i think that says it all.
I heard some good things about the gearbox, but having done a little more reading found that it's pretty ganky "( The A&K would be cheap enough to upgrade too, I already have an m4... A&K's looking better all the time

Last edited by bizkilter; October 8th, 2011 at 03:12..
bizkilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:35   #43
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

hmm PTS masada has a problem not sure what it is though. But I don't have a day off or time to look at it till Wednesday. I'll keep everybody up to date.
Old October 8th, 2011, 05:16   #44
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
hmm PTS masada has a problem not sure what it is though. But I don't have a day off or time to look at it till Wednesday. I'll keep everybody up to date.
this should be good. can't wait wait to see whats up.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 09:39   #45
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
I honestly like the A&K better. As it is almost 100% TM compatable you can build it into whatever you want.
To clarify, is the hop-up the only proprietary part that can't be replaced by something TM compatible?
MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews