This thread...

Old August 3rd, 2015, 22:58   #32
GR

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta678 View Post
This thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parq View Post
Are the venom batteries I listed compatible with the gun I chose? Im pretty sure they are. Dimensions: 103 x 34 x 19 mm/4.05 x 1.33 x 0.75 in
I never held that rifle, and myself have an AK, so I do not know the exact battery compartment dimensions. My guess would be that the battery should fit, however, it might possibly be slightly too wide, however, unlikely.

Last edited by GR; August 3rd, 2015 at 23:01..
Old August 3rd, 2015, 23:12   #33
Parq

Wow, I just realised how much of an idiot I sound.
Could you possibly give me a charger that isn't the best but it will keep me happy until I get another one. Its going to be a hassle getting a males deans to mini tamiya adapter so I just want something simple to hold me off for a few. Thank you. This thread has gone to sh**
Old August 4th, 2015, 02:35   #34
Parq

OK Heres my gun cost in total:

I think im done .-. This may seem a bit overpriced I think but its the most convenient way of getting stuff. If I were to order online to my location its usually like 50$ shipping. Thanks for your help guys, even though the charger may seem not the best, im still going for it right now.

Ty <3
Old August 4th, 2015, 09:26   #35
Kanuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parq View Post
OK Heres my gun cost in total:

I think im done .-. This may seem a bit overpriced I think but its the most convenient way of getting stuff. If I were to order online to my location its usually like 50$ shipping. Thanks for your help guys, even though the charger may seem not the best, im still going for it right now.

Ty <3
This gun already comes with a hi-cap mag of 450 BBs. You sure you want to carry 750 BBs on you? I only have one game under my belt but 450 was plenty of ammo for me. You can always refill between the rounds. Also I know that some places or events you can only use mid-cap. Maybe you can try a few games and see what you need as magazines.
Old August 4th, 2015, 10:02   #36
Parq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuk View Post
This gun already comes with a hi-cap mag of 450 BBs. You sure you want to carry 750 BBs on you? I only have one game under my belt but 450 was plenty of ammo for me. You can always refill between the rounds. Also I know that some places or events you can only use mid-cap. Maybe you can try a few games and see what you need as magazines.
Thanks, yeah i'll probably switch it out for a midcap. I really wanted a gun with a metal body though for no less than 280$. Dont think thats going to happen though.
Old August 4th, 2015, 10:18   #37
Parq

Does anybody recommend this gun. On second though, im pretty sure I should get it from reviews and stuff.

Its the Dboys Full Metal 614

Old August 4th, 2015, 10:21   #38
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR View Post
B6/B6AC is one of the best smart chargers available, so nice choice there. As for the battery, take a look at HobbyKing, they have great prices for anything battery related (only let down being the conversion rate of CAD and expensive shipping - you'll still save money in most cases though).
For $30, it is a good value cheap smart charger. Far from being the best.
Old August 4th, 2015, 10:30   #39
Parq

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
For $30, it is a good value cheap smart charger. Far from being the best.
Ive got the charger sorted but thanks for the extra info, im just mainly focusing on the gun right now, if you could look at the post above yours then you'll see what im talking about.
Old August 4th, 2015, 11:09   #40
8bitninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
As a beginner, your first gun doesn't matter as much as you think. You're putting way too much thought into a gun that you may or may not decide to keep or upgrade. Get an entry level gun, try out the sport, and if it breaks it breaks, they're beginner and cheap so that's why they're bad build quality; you dispose of it and buy another one.

No one (i don't think) is going to do your budgeting for you for airsoft so it's completely up to you what you want to buy. As for recommendations, can you be a little more specific about what you're looking for? Something that lasts long and is upgradable, but is within 230-300? What will you be doing with the gun and will you be gaming with it, etc?
+1

I started not too long ago and now have 2 AEGs, 1 SMG and 4 pistols. I've found my "sweet spot" so to speak but surprisingly, it wasn't what I originally though. Unless you have a high budget ceiling like I did, HOLD BACK so your first spend and really get a feel for it.

For example, if you are going to spend a lot of time doing CQB, you might want a short M4 variant or instead (Ares Amoeba?). Good luck mate!

NOTE: When looking for the B6, beware of clones and only purchase a genuine version. Unless you're constantly watching the charge, ensuring it's on a concrete (solid) floor, and inside a LiPO sack, I wouldn't cheap out on the charger with a clone.

Last edited by 8bitninja; August 4th, 2015 at 11:14..
Old August 4th, 2015, 11:36   #41
Parq

Im probably going to end up buying this. Anyone recommend?
Old August 4th, 2015, 11:47   #42
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Parq, check out the FAQ's there is several good reads in there that you should be reading.

As well as the sticky posts in this section of the forums.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank