Memories of Muskoka Games

:

General

Old April 19th, 2012, 11:51   #1
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Memories of Muskoka Games

I've notice that there is a rather large schedule for Muskoka this spring, for a field tat Typically hosted an Annual Event, then the lucky year there was two chances at the Muskoka Wolves Field.
The historic Muskoka games at Wolf Pack Primary have generated many tales of Heroism (Simulated) Awesome (Genuine) and Foolery (Epic). Here at the store I've heard and related many stories from players about the great experiences had at The Muskoka Field. In retelling the stories to alot of new guys looking into Airsoft it became evident that the kind of Game up there is what a lot of the " Old Guys" that are new to airsoft were looking for. There was always a constant in Muskoka, the guys brought a good attitude and a great game and the stories rolled out for weeks after the event. Years after I still talk about the Bastard Soup Nazi and his dedicated non-bias imput on the game. I 've heard stories of the Left-usians Right-usians and NATO executions. MidNite Explosions from the Camp fire that rumbled the ground hundreds of yards away. Been there for the Bear that showed up at the game. Snipers getting lost and refusing to Expose themselves to the enemy. Other players who when lost, finally found an enemy, mercied them, then had them lead them back to the road. Night Ghost walks and Russian Mediums & the Blue Lady ghost. Sasqumatch!
I have been to a few fields over the the years but this one field does have more history and bravado, in the trees, than any other. and the host makes a mean Chillie con Carne.
What I wanted to know is how many guys heard Legendary tales of Muskoka when they got into airsoft & these tales brought them into "milsim" and the
"big boy games"

Myself in the land of long long ago I remember clicking around the New and small internet looking for info on Airsoft, ( Market research) and seeing scanned pics of guys in a field in Bracebridge Ontario and a Teepee or something like that. But there wasn't much else on the web then about airsoft.
Cheers
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:17   #2
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

My first Muskoka game was Operation Werewolf, in which I commanded the JOTF SOG forces..

We had prepared for this game for 7 months, recruiting, training, rehearsing, and then finally executing.

I fell in love with that field that weekend.. such varied terrain.. such a beautiful swamp ( really )

thanks to the blackbear guys I saw the whole field .. when they captured me.. and spirited me away.

, Last fall I moved Operation DEADFALL to the Muskoka field.. and again we had a great game .. on an excellent field

And this weekend I'll host " A Bridge to Nowhere" a WW2 game on the Muskoka field.

This field is the best Airsoft venue in Ontario for woodland games.. bar none.

And it's far enough out of town that you have to pretty much make a weekend out of any game there .. which I really like.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:22   #3
MadMorbius
You know, I have a hard time remembering a lot of them. I remember bits and pieces...pigs heads on sticks with smoke grenades in their mouths, Jax counting his fingers after a premature pyro detonatation, Clay knocking down trees and asking Roger about inside-out muskrats, Roger handing us a bag of oil-soaked dynamite, Jay and his spaceballs helmet...a 50lbs block of pure magnesium in the campfire, and trying to piss on it to put it out...

Yeah, I guess I can't remember much
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:23   #4
Grizzly0679

That sounds f'ing awesome. Preparing for 7 months is very cool. I hope to do that one day for a big milsim.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:46   #5
Mizfit
aka Maleficent

My first airsoft game ever was at Muskoka - I was the scout for a night game leading BlackBear around the field. Prior to that I remember running rolls and rolls of blue tape through the woods for the UN game. Those games, everyone, was truly memorable and full of excellent stories (some were even true).

Unfortunately, I am missing some memories (possibly due to Vodka) and have been told I can take out a very large man in a single bound!

Anyone who has not been there is truly missing out on a great experience not offered by any other field.
Old April 19th, 2012, 13:15   #6
hollywood...
cranky old man

Love this place!

Last edited by hollywood...; September 27th, 2013 at 09:16..
hollywood... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 14:34   #7
backspasm

My memories include laying behind a bush listening to rounds fly inches above my head, a lit grenade ending up under my chair, a dummy hanging from a tree in a paratrooper uniform, and a grenade being launched using a water balloon thrower. I encourage everyone to get out to the field at least once.
Old April 19th, 2012, 15:42   #8
z0ng

Memories of goodness:

Orange Dawn... the 7 months prep Brian mentioned culminated in ~50 people assaulting and destroying all who lived in the enemy's camp.

Walking through the fire pit while intoxicated.

Digging a foxhole large enough to hide 4 people.

Brian being saved by ballcancer.

Rotisserie grill that is almost as long as I am tall.

The noise made as someone parts a sea of empty beer cans from around their chair when they get up from the bon-fire.

Can't wait for this weekend!

Team GHOSTS G-42
How to fix your WE M4 Mags
z0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 15:50   #9
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
- everyone PTW failing, never seen a scene where literally a dozen guys yell FUUUCCK all at the same time
- seeing one teammate walking into a makeshift washroom hole (in a brand new boots)
- The swamp, Muskoka black flies who seem to be immune to bug spray
- Clay snoring
- DD device thrown into the cottage
- weekend shooting with friends
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 15:53   #10
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0ng View Post
Brian being saved by ballcancer.

!

Ha... he actually said.. "I'm Ballcancer.. I'm here to rescue you!"
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 16:00   #11
m102404
Tys

Getting mostly completely lost with a buddy and separated from our entire team....finally stumbling onto the enemy's base...laying in for a kick ass ambush and non-stop harrassment until we were out of ammo and our position overrun.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 17:00   #12
Disco_Dante

Orange Dawn was unforgettable. Definitely the highlight of my airsoft career.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 17:23   #13
DaRkCoMmAnDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
Orange Dawn was unforgettable. Definitely the highlight of my airsoft career.
This. When I started airsoft I never expected something this intense and amazing to happen. Something out of hollywood, only 10000 times better.

I've been to Op: Werewolf and Deadfall up in Muskoka, and they are the best game's I've had the pleasure of attending.
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:00   #14
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Muskoka is a great field. The best woodland field I've ever played on anyways. My memories of the field can be found in the deadfall AAR thread. OP Deadfall AAR More people should sign up for the 24 hour Jaguar Kings game. If you've never played on that field you don't know what your missing.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 13:40   #15
beastman

Great field!

Favourite memory for me hands down was my participation as African Warlord Mr Eko.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General