Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Suggest me a gun!

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:01   #1
mas_oyama

Suggest me a gun!

Alright, so I would like to know what are the best choice that fits my tastes for 2 guns.

Basically, I want an AEG as a primary weapon, and a GBB as a backup side-arm.

What I want: a durable, reliable, and fairly good out-of-the-box AEG, because I don't plan on modding it. It will be my first ever weapon.

what is important: It must be an AR15 (either M4, M16, or something like that), a G36, P90 or a FAMAS. These are the type of guns that I like. It could be a long barreled MP5, but that would be my last choice. for me:

M4 > M16 > G36 > P90 > FAMAS

Then like I said I want it to be reliable, durable, as accurate as possible, and ideally, full metal.

I know I kinda ask for the perfection, but since I don't plan on modding it, I want it to be good out-of the box!

fot the GBB handgun, I want about the same characteristics as the AEG. Type must be either a full size or compact glock(not a sub-compact like the 26. not necessarily a full auto, since i would put it on semi 99% of the time anyway) or a 1911(not a hi-capa... a standard 1911!). Again, full metal would be a great plus!

So for both guns, what companies and models would you guys suggest? I know its been debated as far as tokyo marui vs the others, TM seems to be the best. I just think they don't seem to have much choice as far as 1911s and glocks goes. they seem to have only the 26 version of the glock and only 1 version of a non-hi capa 1911...

as far as AEG goes, they(TM) seem to have a good choice of MP5, but limited choice of M4, but a nice FAMAS, a couple P90, and a nice G36. They have a good selection of M16, but I dont like the grip on the Vietnam versions. I want the grip to be "M4 style" (the vietnam version is flat... I don't like that)

Again, I know I'm difficult to please, that is why I ask you guys and create a new topic for that istead of just using info out of existing topics. I haven't seen any that answer all things I ask!

Thanks!
mas_oyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 13:07   #2
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Well it seems like you know what you want.

You should be comparing and contrasting different brands that make the guns you want.

TM makes great g36s and mp5s.

For armalites, I'm not sure.

TM makes a mean 1911.

Just have a look at different brands, YouTube reviews, etc.

Airsoftreports on YouTube is good at technical reviews.

Are you going to be outdoors-ing, CQB-ing, or a mix?

Detail your needs for the gun, rather then models if you want more help =)

As you seem to have the gun research down pat.

Cheers.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 13:18   #3
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

They can be tough to find and a little pricier than most but if you want a nice solid quality armalite variant I recommend looking for a G&P or a King Arms. Both are great right out of the box. I wish I could give you some info on GBBs but thats not my area.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 13:40   #4
mas_oyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
Well it seems like you know what you want.

You should be comparing and contrasting different brands that make the guns you want.

TM makes great g36s and mp5s.
I see they have many mp5s. I like 'em, but mainly for CQB combat. While M16 is for longer ranges, I think the M4/G36 are both good compromises between the two. Over the time, I may get many guns. I may look to get a M16 and a mp5/P90. but for now I want a nice compromise between the two (M4 or G36, maybe FAMAS)

For armalites, I'm not sure.

TM makes a mean 1911.
Okay, I saw its their only 1911 model... I'll look for it as soon as I get someone to age verify me!

Just have a look at different brands, YouTube reviews, etc.

Airsoftreports on YouTube is good at technical reviews.

Are you going to be outdoors-ing, CQB-ing, or a mix?
Like I said, probably a mix. But chances are I will be outdoors more than indoors

Detail your needs for the gun, rather then models if you want more help =)
My need? shooting people in airsoft games lol. well like I said I want a good overall gun. If I wante a long range gun I would think about a sniper, and if I were to play indoors in CQB all the time, I would consider a P90 / mp5. but since I will be out more often than not... a G36/M4 or worst case an M16 would be the best for me (I think)

As you seem to have the gun research down pat.

Cheers.
see answers in red!

So yeah I'm quite fixed on the model of the gun. I just have to see about quality of each brands. Like I said for now it'll be my only guns, so I want them to be robust and durable. (full metal helps I suppose)

Also I love realism(again, full metal!), like I want the guns to be as close to a real one as possible as far as field/detail stripping goes. I know it will never be the same, but the closer it will be the better I'll love it. In particulay the glock and/or 1911, cause I'm a handgun nuts. I love 'em. If it were as good as a AEG, i wouldn't even bother getting an AEG! I would get 20 handguns! lol
Old November 3rd, 2009, 14:00   #5
venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas_oyama View Post
see answers in red!

So yeah I'm quite fixed on the model of the gun. I just have to see about quality of each brands. Like I said for now it'll be my only guns, so I want them to be robust and durable. (full metal helps I suppose)

Also I love realism(again, full metal!), like I want the guns to be as close to a real one as possible as far as field/detail stripping goes. I know it will never be the same, but the closer it will be the better I'll love it. In particulay the glock and/or 1911, cause I'm a handgun nuts. I love 'em. If it were as good as a AEG, i wouldn't even bother getting an AEG! I would get 20 handguns! lol
Full metal with good field stripping describes the KWA PTP series. They are rock solid with realistic field stripping for training purposes. I have a M1911DS PTP and it is the finest airsoft handgun that I have ever handled. I also have a M9 PTP by KWA and it is very close in quality and feel. These guns, especially the M1911, have a great feel when you shoot them. The blowback causes a kick similar to shooting a 22 caliber gun.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 21:51   #6
NoGear
likes being humiliated

its going to get hard to obtain those guns unless your ageverified.

If you live in the U.S.A then its all gold
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:38   #7
mas_oyama

don't worry I'm in the process of getting age verified. I am supposed to go see Brakoo for that tomorrow You should see the tag by my name withing a couple days max! Maybe even tomorrow if he has the time to do it after job!
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:56   #8
coach
aka coachster

don't expect AV'ing to happen that quick. just because you meet with a AV'er you probably won't get your tags right away. could take more time as the admins do the system changes. the AV'er just takes your info and passes it along.

as for gbb's, my TM g17 gen 3 has been rock solid.

I've heard nothing but good news with the hi-cappas

Last edited by coach; November 4th, 2009 at 08:11..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 08:13   #9
mas_oyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
don't expect AV'ing to happen that quick. hurt because you meet with a AV'er you don't get your tags right away. could take more time as the admins do the system changes. the AV'er just takes your info and passes it along.

awwww. Oh well, I won't buy the guns right now anyway. I had a motorcycle crash a couple weeks agos... I gotta repair the bike for next summer, its a $?%$ load of money and it passes before anything else. lol. I suppose I will get the guns near the end of the winter/beggining of the summer. Also Airsoft may be delayed cause I'm thinking about going into the army. I hate my job, and I would like to become a weapon tech for the army... With the recruit training and all, I won't have time to play airsoft for a while.

as for gbb's, my TM g17 gen 3 has been rock solid.

I've heard nothing but good news with the hi-cappas

cool for the glock, I will check it out. for the hi-cappa, I don't like it. I want a 1911. the calssic one. Hi-Cappas have double stack clips and are a bit bulkier. also the design is not exactly the same... I wonder about internals and stuff. I may get one someday, but I'll definately get a 1911 first.
again, see answers in red!

Last edited by mas_oyama; November 4th, 2009 at 08:15..
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:27   #10
KoolAidMan

we'll you'll be able to buy in av retailer section a new g&p or classic army m16 or m4 and a 1911 .

there is also clones such as dboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:49   #11
mas_oyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidMan View Post
we'll you'll be able to buy in av retailer section a new g&p or classic army m16 or m4 and a 1911 .

there is also clones such as dboys
yeah I know I will be able to buy there. I'm not asking "where", but rather "what". lol.

I'll probablly go with TM. I said I want full metal. g&p is not.

If I beleive what has been said, TM's 1911 is nice. I'll buy that. I'll also get an AEG from them, either an M4, an M16, a G36, an AUG or a FAMAS. After reading everywhere, I think I undertand they are all basically the same behind their appearance. I like bullpup weapons for their long barrels... that are short! lol. Due to the location of the mags. But I really love the M4 and M16 models. the G36 also. I really don't know... But I'll get a 1911 fr sure. I love that gun so much. I think i'll sleep with it under my pillow!!! lol.

also If I really go in the army like I plan to... a M16 would be nice, I suppose this is what I'll have due to my height(I'm pretty tall). I probably won't be in the infantry though... but anyway.

Last edited by mas_oyama; November 4th, 2009 at 12:51..
Old November 4th, 2009, 13:10   #12
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
A very good portion of TMs are NOT full metal.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 13:13   #13
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:

Unless G&P has a sport line that I do not know of I'm fairly certain that their armalite series has metal receivers.
Along with metal everything else that should be metal.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 13:20   #14
Conker

Quote:
That's the opposite. G&P ARE (to my knowledge, all) full metal. Some TM are, but most are ABS plastic.

Also, TM's a reliable mostly because they shoot low. Of course, for CQB that's all good, but you might want something more powerful OTTB. IMHO G&Ps would be better (yet cost more).

For durability, G36's would be your best bet as they use a V3 mechbox, which is less prone to break. Obvisouly good quality V2 won't break easily, but V3s would be even tougher. Keep in mind that you won't find a full metal G36, as their RS counterpart aren't. You can however find some using materials similar to the RS, so much more resistant than TM's ABS, for instance.

FAMAS are quite hard to find
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 13:22   #15
mas_oyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Unless G&P has a sport line that I do not know of I'm fairly certain that their armalite series has metal receivers.
Along with metal everything else that should be metal.
do we talk about the same company?

http://www.007airsoft.com/products/htm/aeg-gg-m16.htm

Also from that: http://www.007airsoft.com/products/htm/gas-tm.htm

the 1911 at the bottom looks full metal... maybe its not...

What company woult do 1911s and AEG in full metal?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank