Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Down right noob

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 25th, 2010, 18:26   #31
m102404
Tys

VFC make a BAR (and some other neat stuff)...Viva makes a Sten

AEG's are basically a fancy weapon resembling shell that holds a mechbox, motor and battery.

Mechboxes, motors and batteries are replaceable, repairable and upgradable. So can inner barrels, hopups, hopup rubbers, etc...

Front ends, grips, stocks, etc... can be swapped out as well to repair/alter the external look of your rifle.

Receivers (the "body" of the rifle)...are much harder to get/swap (in general).

The fit and finish of the external parts on "good" guns...cannot be duplicated/modded/tuned on "cheaper" guns....although the "cheaper" ones will sort of look like the better ones, up close and in handling they are not. Some are pretty good though.

So...buy the best "shell" you can. The price points will be typically higher...and you'll typically get a decent mechbox and other internals as well at that price range.

VFC, Real Sword, some TM's, some CA's, metal G&G's, King Arms

If you want a PTW you don't get a choice...it's Systema or bust. (There's Celcius, but you'd be hard pressed to find recommendations for that one)

GBBR's I like the WE WETTI/AWSS as a CQB gun so far...a G&P magna system build rocks, just haven't put in enough time with them myself yet.

Last edited by m102404; March 25th, 2010 at 18:29..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 18:36   #32
MADDOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I posted first...he's got to buy a M4

Thank god none of the AK guys are litterate....HAHAHAHAHA
Are you on the other team this weekend, thems fighting words!

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 20:44   #33
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
Ah okay, thanks for the information guys. Looks like I'll be doing lots of reading up and won't be getting a gun until after the 18th. But we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:02   #34
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
Ah okay, thanks for the information guys. Looks like I'll be doing lots of reading up and won't be getting a gun until after the 18th. But we'll see.
Well as said, Ar15 type rifles are the meat of the community, finding parts for them is easy as hell, granted, they're not the nicest ot LOOK at but pick one up and it feels "right" I'm no fan of the look but I love the way they feel and handle. As said so far, go to a game and ask people about their guns, ask to hold and feel them and if they'll let you, try fire it.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 05:47   #35
Manaconda
Official ASC Inker

Send a message via MSN to Manaconda
Ya I'm back on the forum stirring up shite! Still away over the pond tho.

As for what AEG to get... Don't listen to anybody else. The real AK can be picked up out of the mud, wiped off then fired. The airsoft counter part is almost as hardy. Just do yourself the favor.

Bow down to the AK or it'll blow you away like so many M4 variants that are left in the dust.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHAH AHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAhQAHA HhAhAHhAhboobies

In Toronto and want a rad tattoo? PM me
Manaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:08   #36
GBear

LOL Manaconda! Also, where do Dboys stand in all of this?

Quote:
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:00   #37
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportco View Post
Amen Braw... the classified are FILLED with impulse buys... and leg holsters

If your not sure buy a commun all around model your can unload quickly WHEN you change your mind... yet again... like the rest of us!

Cheers,

Pete

PS And remember only people who pay 2000$ for they AEG tell you they will keep them until they kick the bucket... that because the rest of us sell at a small loss and switch to something else...
I must ask, what the hell is a Braw?

People who drop $2000 for a BNIB gun are usually buying Inokasuts(spelling) and you RARELY ever see those come up for sale in for classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Addict View Post
I think you mean King Arms not Western Arms, WA only makes GBB/Rs none of which are AK's.

Varies from person to person but as far as i'm concerned in order from best to worst...

-Real Sword
-Systama
-Ares
-G&P and VFC(tie)
-CA

-TM and ICS(tie)
-G&G
-JG
-Cyma
-Aftermath
-Anything from walmart

There are a couple others but this is a good basic list some people will rearrange things a bit but you get the idea, for your price range brands to look for are highlighted in red.

As far as i'm concered when it comes to GBB again best to worse,

-Western Arms(Beats everyone by a mile, King of GBBs)
-KSC/KWA
-TM
-WE
-Shitty clone brands

Spend all your money on your AEG though this is just for reference, pistols arn't necessary at all, i just like them.
For the most part I would agree with your lists (though I would never have included CYMA and Aftermath ever in that...but that is just me, what do I know? )

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:30   #38
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonprime View Post
For the most part I would agree with your lists (though I would never have included CYMA and Aftermath ever in that...but that is just me, what do I know? )
Ya Zeon what do you know times have changed all the uber cool 1337 guys have cyma and if they can get it the uber cool see through krackenz lol
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:36   #39
Duckman

Quote:
usefull to attach mop head and clean toilets.

dont forget mag management when selecting a gun.

you say g36? well the locking tabs are cool but they snag on EVERYTHING on the way in and outta pouches. vs. armalite 5.56 sized mags which you have a zillion management options.

less ways to pimp out a g36 than an armalite.

armalite easier to field strip in case of a jam or barrel swap/hop up maintenance.

clones and cheapies are evil and a waste of money. spending the money on the good stuff will stave off future headaches. and your local gunsmith will appreciate it too
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:39   #40
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Dboys place in all this are in a deep dark corner of shitville between two of the ugliest, dirtiest, STD infested whores. For your 1st AEG stick with King Arms or Classic Army........which model you may ask? well an m4 with version 2 gearbox are like a stuck up high school cheerleader, they don't like extreme cold and they are a never ending money pit, you'll end up buying more parts or other cosmetic stuff to make it pretty. A version 3 gearbox AEG are like your work horse, they will work no matter what the temp is like and beat the shit out of it.

AEG are almost all the same, they differs in bodystyle and finish teh more established company like King Arms, Classic Army and G&P have better finished bodies without the fitment/finish issue, teh internal gearbox is a different story, i have personally built a $1500 gearboxes in my days and it still break so now i stick to only version 3 with minimal mods. it's a proven workhorse that will not fail you, especially if you go with quality company. if you cheapen out and get clones you may get lucky have no issue or you may end up spending more than what the clone AEG cost you to make it work like the more established manufacturer.

Last edited by wildcard; March 26th, 2010 at 10:42..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:47   #41
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Addict View Post
Ya Zeon what do you know times have changed all the uber cool 1337 guys have cyma and if they can get it the uber cool see through krackenz lol
Obviously you never seen the ultra leet noob that spend almost $1000 to get their CYMA, DBoys working flawlessly yet. they do exist out there and yes we laughed at them on the field when they bust out the tool kit to fix shit up before the start of a game or when they ask around if anyone can help them fix things.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:52   #42
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Quote:
There garabage I would consider Dboys equal to aftermath. If you want an AK go with th Real Sword type-56 as close to the real AK as you'll get.
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:01   #43
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Dboys place in all this are in a deep dark corner of shitville between two of the ugliest, dirtiest, STD infested whores. For your 1st AEG stick with King Arms or Classic Army........which model you may ask? well an m4 with version 2 gearbox are like a stuck up high school cheerleader, they don't like extreme cold and they are a never ending money pit, you'll end up buying more parts or other cosmetic stuff to make it pretty. A version 3 gearbox AEG are like your work horse, they will work no matter what the temp is like and beat the shit out of it.

AEG are almost all the same, they differs in bodystyle and finish teh more established company like King Arms, Classic Army and G&P have better finished bodies without the fitment/finish issue, teh internal gearbox is a different story, i have personally built a $1500 gearboxes in my days and it still break so now i stick to only version 3 with minimal mods. it's a proven workhorse that will not fail you, especially if you go with quality company. if you cheapen out and get clones you may get lucky have no issue or you may end up spending more than what the clone AEG cost you to make it work like the more established manufacturer.

Lol. I just recommended to him some things in the ver3 line just for that very reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Obviously you never seen the ultra leet noob that spend almost $1000 to get their CYMA, DBoys working flawlessly yet. they do exist out there and yes we laughed at them on the field when they bust out the tool kit to fix shit up before the start of a game or when they ask around if anyone can help them fix things.
omigawd, busted a gut on that one!!

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 13:20   #44
GBear

Well, I've been looking at the ARES SCAR-H. It looks like it uses a V2 Mauri gearbox but enhanced by ARES. Yay or nay?

Quote:

Old March 26th, 2010, 13:25   #45
jtf2-phalanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonprime View Post
I must ask, what the hell is a Braw?
I'm assuming he means the Hawaiian equivalent of "brother". Don't you watch Dog the Bounty Hunter?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank