Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

America has better stuff

:

General

Old July 1st, 2013, 15:44   #1
East Berlin

Unhappy America has better stuff

Hello everyone

I am looking to buy some My Little Pony action figures; the only problem is, Hasbro hasn't shipped the good ones to Canada yet. The ones I found at the local Toy's R Us and Wal-Mart are unrealistic, out of proportion and made of very cheap and obvious plastic... the paint job is pretty bad too. :banghead:

I heard that they have some pretty good ones in the US... (no surprise) but they won't ship to Canada because all good things are illegal or prohibited here.

My friend tried ordering a 1:1 replica of princess twilight with a horn and wings, but it was held up in customs because the guards did not agree with her becoming an alicorn and decided to forfeit her to the crown. They did not agree to let her be shipped back to the retailer and she is now awaiting destruction.

So my question is; if I decided to buy some realistic My Little Pony toys in the United States, would it be a good idea to bring them into Canada? I mean... how hard can it be to stash some ponies in the back seat of your car, right? If I get caught I will give them one of my rare filly Pink Princess Celestia's and hopefully the guards will love and tolerate. What do you guy's think? Also, could someone check the classified's section and tell me if there are any good MLP toys..

Thanks!

Last edited by East Berlin; July 6th, 2013 at 01:27..
East Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 16:09   #2
Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Berlin View Post
Hello everyone

I am looking to buy the WE Browning Hi-Power M1935 (silver), though I cannot find any Canadian retailer that sells it. The only sites I could find are American, and even though they ship to Canada, I am not sure if the gun will make it past customs. Here is a link to the site I want to buy it from:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...935_Silver.htm

as you can see, the specifications show that it shoots at 300 f/ps, though a different site has listed the same gun as shooting 250 f/ps. Don't bother typing up the laws on airsoft guns, I already know they need to shoot between 366 and 407 fp/s and that customs doesn't officially want individuals importing airsoft guns. This would technically classify it as a 'replica' gun, which are prohibited; though from my personal experience customs has let thru a replica of a Luger P:08 which I ordered from Spain last year. Seeing as the WE Browning is so close in fp/s to the WE Colt 1911 and from what I gather the actual velocity of the gun is in question, I am hoping this will benefit the chance of customs overlooking the technical details and letting it in. The gun is only 110 USD, and I have no problems risking the money, I just want to know which method of acquiring the gun is most likley to work. This is why, if anyone has some practical experience it would help me out alot, seeing as I am new to buying Airsoft guns in Canada.

So here are my questions: Will customs (likley) let this gun into Canada if I order it from the US? If I go to the US and buy it there will the border patrol let me bring it in after I explain to them what it is? Lastly, could anyone who is age verified please check if this specific item (please check the link) is on sale in the classifieds section? I'm only really interested in getting age-verified if it allows me to find guns that I can't already buy at Toronto Airsoft, so if anyone is willing to quickly check you'll save me alot of time.

Cheers :cheers:
Getting age verified will get you a long way on ASC.
Old July 1st, 2013, 16:19   #3
redzaku

have fun being blacklisted by the government as a weapon dealer
but seriously get age verified
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 16:19   #4
OPENchestWOUND

The closest I could find is

http://torontoairsoft.3dcartstores.com/WE-TECH-1911-Chrome--TA-Custom_p_2594.html

Last edited by OPENchestWOUND; August 11th, 2013 at 22:48..
OPENchestWOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 16:37   #5
hollywood...
cranky old man

you have been a member of ASC all of 1 day and are asking a question that could have easily been answered had you done some research - you spout off about knowing the laws when you clearly do not or you would not be asking this.

in short - you cannot import
Old July 3rd, 2013, 15:29   #6
East Berlin

Thumbs up

-this comment is currently awaiting approval-

Last edited by East Berlin; July 6th, 2013 at 01:30..
East Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 15:38   #7
redzaku

Quote:
UMM.. why are you telling me this useless information? I know how long I have been registered and I have researched the laws pertaining to airsoft on google. I am asking for personal experience, seeing as I have heard from some people they have succesfully imported airsoft guns in the past.

Also, in response to the other comment I am looking for the Browning Hi Power not the Colt 1911, which shoots over 366 fp/s and can be bought in stores. All I want to know is: does anyone on the classifieds section have this gun or will I have to go across the border to bring it in myself?
ok, buddy, importing airsoft is very hard, some people have successfully imported some but it was a fluke moment, that 366fps, i can assume that it was set for the retailers, who knows? if you bring back an airsoft equipment from the States, the CBSA have an x-ray machine and will scan as you pass by any booth and label you as a weapon smuggler, that is the worst case scenario. unless you can prove it shoots 366 fps, you will get charged for bringing a prohibited weapon
did you even read this?
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=40318
does anyone on the classifieds section have this gun
Get age verified and find out, and by the way, you smell like a minor...
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!

Last edited by redzaku; July 3rd, 2013 at 15:41..
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 15:39   #8
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

lol nub wants ASC's help but doesn't want to play by ASC's rules, this won't end well
Old July 3rd, 2013, 15:45   #9
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzaku View Post
ok, buddy, importing airsoft is very hard, some people have successfully imported some but it was a fluke moment, that 366fps, i can assume that it was set for the retailers, who knows? if you bring back an airsoft equipment from the States, the CBSA have an x-ray machine and will scan as you pass by any booth and label you as a weapon smuggler, that is the worst case scenario. unless you can prove it shoots 366 fps, you will get charged for bringing a prohibited weapon
did you even read this?
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=40318
No they don't.

While your reasoning is a little crazy, you are right, getting caught smuggling ANYTHING through CBSA is a bad fucking idea.

Buying something in the states and not declaring it when crossing the border may sound like a small slap on the wrist, but getting caught smuggling firearms/replicas (which an airsoft gun is when it doesn't meet importation limits) is a good way to get fined out the ass and see potential jail time. It happens more often than you think.

I've seen more than a few people with "great prices, buy now" airsoft stores that go to shit overnight due to police raids. Why did the raids happen? Failure to declare goods. Whack, right?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol nub wants ASC's help but doesn't want to play by ASC's rules, this won't end well
You're alive? D:

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 15:50   #10
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post

You're alive? D:
Yep, moving back late summer/early fall, just catching up on the goings on
Old July 3rd, 2013, 16:35   #11
redneck12

Ahhhh schools out let the useless threads begin.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 16:41   #12
Nickaayyy

Only advise I can give it's get age verified.

People here wont tell you if theres one in the classified if your not verified, it's the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
Ahhhh schools out let the useless threads begin.
I'm going to buy some popcorn at Costco, gonna have a good time reading kids crying for help!!
Old July 3rd, 2013, 16:44   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
I already know they need to shoot between 366 and 407 fp/s and that customs doesn't officially want individuals importing airsoft guns.
Quote:
UMM.. why are you telling me this useless information? I know how long I have been registered and I have researched the laws pertaining to airsoft on google.
the data on the mig is wrong, ma'am.

Last edited by lurkingknight; July 3rd, 2013 at 16:48..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 17:44   #14
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
UMM.. why are you telling me this useless information? I know how long I have been registered and I have researched the laws pertaining to airsoft on google. I am asking for personal experience, seeing as I have heard from some people they have succesfully imported airsoft guns in the past.
You are being told this useless information in an attempt to educate you. However, you seem to want to put more faith in google than people on these forums who actually DO know.

We have a FAQ section that would have answered your question. And no matter how many times you ask it, we as a community are not going to change the answer to suit what you want to hear.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General