Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mouthguards

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 9th, 2011, 00:09   #1
jaipex

Mouthguards

Do players who are not wearing full face masks often sport mouthguards?
As a side note, would you consider a balaclava over the face suitable protection instead?
jaipex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 00:14   #2
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

No Balaclavas may help stop bleeders but on teeth no. If a field asks for lower face a mask either mesh or Paintball style is required.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:42   #3
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
Dont bother with mouth guards. They will not stop your tooth from shattering. They will only hold the pieces in place.
Old December 9th, 2011, 02:03   #4
Wrath144
formerly steyr

Myself, a few of my team mates and a few people from the community here wear mouthguards on occasion.
I'd like to see some proof for post #3, I don't agree with that. If lips keep teeth safe, a mouthguard should too, no?
If anything, having a mouthguard in gives you a good reason to keep your mouth shut, which is definitely worth something.
Old December 9th, 2011, 02:22   #5
-Trooper-
a.k.a. Egria

Some people wear mesh guards.
http://www.brilliantstore.com/pimage...s-hl0021-2.jpg

PURVEYOR OF FINE PARACORD PRODUCTS

www.beaconconceptsco.com

Click Here For ASC Thread

Team GHOSTS - G86
-Trooper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:05   #6
z0ng

I made my own mouth protector (as many others have done) by just cutting apart an old paintball mask. After cutting a piece to fit over my lower face/mouth I just used some small bungie cords to secure it to my helmet. Others have used elastic straps instead that wrap around the entire head so they could wear their masks independently of a helmet. If I want to use it I just pull it down and over my mouth, if I don't want to I can stick it up on the front of my helmet.

Face protection > dental surgery!

Team GHOSTS G-42
How to fix your WE M4 Mags
z0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 20:36   #7
ShadowNet

I used to wear a skull balaclava for the "cool factor", but after being shot in the nose and bleeding profusely, I have purchased a mesh face mask.
Old December 11th, 2011, 20:55   #8
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Have tried wearing a mouthguard previously about 9 years ago after seeing a fellow (he first game too!) get most of one of his front incisors snapped right off while charging a machine gun nest. However after a few games I stopped because it's a pain in the ass to talk on a radio or run around gulping down air with a guard in your mouth.

Nowadays I never wear full face protection (unless the field requires it), no problems.

I've only seen two chipped teeth in a decade of playing, like the fear of bleeders I find that the danger is overhyped compared to the real risk.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 21:22   #9
ViR

I don't wear face pro unless its CQB (even not all the time). Kokanee is right about the radio and its overall not too comfortable.
In games like Picton I usually have face pro hanging around my neck and pull it up before entering a building.

On the other hand, seems like I will keep a couple of scars from bleeders for the rest of my life.. So.. that's something to consider.
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 16:46   #10
The Tradesman
Diesel7 blame Reignman

Scars are glorious! And glory is forever lol. Yeah I just had a game this afternoon and it was -5 and i got hit right in the middle of my right front tooth, thank god my mouth was closed. That was like 5 hrs ago, my tooth feels a lil weird but no chips thank god. Another game i got hit right on the tooth and nothing but i dont think the gun wasn't shooting very hot or it was from far. Im a smoker, i tried the masks and they are a pain and i find they hold my glasses too close to my face and they fog up. I saw Zong's mask at the last game and i think im gonna do something like that.

Coming in second just means that you are the first loser.
The Tradesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 22:27   #11
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Trooper- View Post
+1 for the mesh masks with full seal eye pro. This model will allow you to use coms just fine.

Someone who used to be on my team needed to have $2,000 worth of dental work after being hit in the mouth. To me it's just not worth the risk.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 00:23   #12
ViR

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Trooper- View Post
I'm going to pick up an extra one and see how I can attach it to my OpsCore helmet, to make it more convenient and easy to wear.
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 00:33   #13
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

You can always try out a custom fitted mouth guard made by a dentist, they allow movement and are easy to breath with.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 20:18   #14
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
You can always try out a custom fitted mouth guard made by a dentist, they allow movement and are easy to breath with.

They are not made by dentist but from laboratory technicians, and yes I highly recommend them...asked for a boxing guard
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 12:37   #15
MartyK2500

I personally used this in all my 2011 season games. I never got shot in the mouth i cannot garantee 100% protection. I can breathe and drink water perfectly fine, but i do talk like a teen with fat ass bracers and too much drool.

http://www.protechguard.com/
MartyK2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank