Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM SR-16 Loose RIS

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 17th, 2009, 16:26   #1
SultanOfShwing

TM SR-16 Loose RIS

Okay this is getting ridiculous. I have the worst luck or something. The RIS on the front of my SR-16 has somehow come loose and it rotates clockwise and counterclockwise freely. If i turn it enough it tightens up but then it is no longer lined up properly. I have no clue how this could've happened while sitting idle in a case over night. I'm guessing my little brother went into my room and messed with it last night and is lying to me. Could someone please explain to me how I can correct this issue?
Old January 17th, 2009, 16:34   #2
m102404
Tys

I said it before in one of your other "how do I fix this" posts...you may want to strongly consider taking your rifle to a gun doc for a good once over. It's usually not too expensive $60-80...and would most likely include re-shimming, compression checks/fixes and a once over on the whole rifle.

Either your delta ring has come loose or your front RIS capture ring has come loose. If you're front capture ring is plastic, it may have cracked and/or the screw holding it on has come loose. If it's metal...then your delta ring is loose.

You've had 3+ problems with your rifle already...a one-on-one chat in person with a gun doc can go a long way.

Find a local guy.

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 16:47   #3
SultanOfShwing

I'm sure it would probably be a good thing to have the gun checked over by a doc, but right now that is a little difficult. I can't imagine this being too hard to fix. If I can just find out how to disassemble the RIS system and silencer I'm sure I'll be able to fix it myself.
Old January 17th, 2009, 17:33   #4
huang

Find a wrench tool and turn the delta ring clockwise to a position tight and line up. You may not able to do it by hand.
huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 17:33   #5
SultanOfShwing

Update: after examining the RIS hand guard I found a hex screw and tightened it. Now there is maybe half a mm of play in the hand guard. I don't know how that could have possible come loose over night.
Old January 21st, 2009, 22:04   #6
Wangstang

Go to your home repair store and locate a product called Loc-tite...blue if you'll ever have to take it apart red if you will never take it apart again.
Old January 21st, 2009, 23:36   #7
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
Bring it to me and I will have it fixed or you will be one of the guys who will be sitting in the corner in middle of the game trying to figure out whats wrong with your your gun. Trust me I see this every game and it would suck because it will ruin your day.
damage is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner