Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanaka M700 Take Down Version

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 16th, 2006, 23:28   #1
broken_system

Tanaka M700 Take Down Version

Hey guys, ive been trying to look around to see what i can find about the Tanaka M700 Take Down Version. Found a few things, but nothing concrete in terms of what people think about it. What have you guys heard? Worth it?

Also, i like the gun's ability to be taken apart (easier to take around to different places). Other than this gun and the Kuan Ju M700 Take Down Version, are there any other Airsoft Sniper rifles (gas or spring) that can be taken apart for easier carrying around?

Thanks for the input.
broken_system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 23:54   #2
rat

there is a review of it on the wgc site. from what ive read from other places ( i forget from where) the metal is the same quality as their pistols, which is to say, not the best. but, for the price, it is an apparent bargain. also, there is the easy mod to increase power.

im not sure if is was the take down version or the regular kj m700 review that i read that did a comparison against a very expensive airsoft sniper rifle and the results were only MARGINALLY in favor of the latter rifle...which in their opinion was not worth paying double the price for. plus the kjw gun is basically upgraded out of the box.

also, remember what i have written does not come from personal experience....only what i "remember" reading....i might get around to posting the links if i have the time...i just got in from work... :sad:

EDIT: just noticed your thread was for the TANAKA and not the new KJW m700 take down version.....sorry.
rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:21   #3
mcguyver

A guy on our team bought the Tanaka 2 years ago and used it once. It fouled up so bad from a day of use that it required a major teardown to clean it. The barrel need cleaning badly as the shots were really inconsistant. He sold it shortly after that to another team member who has also only used it once.

I have the standard kjw m700 and have yet to use it. But it would stand to reason that you would have to do more cleaning to a gas gun than a springer to keep you on target. After all, if you can get consistant shots with a sniper rifle, it's of zero use.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion