Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE SCAR-L Open Bolt Not Feeding

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 16th, 2014, 14:23   #1
Bar1975

WE SCAR-L Open Bolt Not Feeding

I am starting a new thread on this because my previous thread was related to issues with the GUN. I am no longer convinced it's issues with the gun but the Mags.

I now have 4 mags and have yet to figure out how to really load them quickly and without strain. A special speed loader came with the gun and for the life of me i can't seem to get BB's in any of my mags without forcing them in it seems.

When the mag is loaded (minus a bb or two from being full) they seem rather tight in there and im starting to think that the gun is mis-feeding because i may have damaged the mag while loading/forcing BB's into it?

Does anybody have any experience with loading these mags easily? Do you use the provided tool or a standard speed loader?
Bar1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 14:39   #2
leth1337

I pinch my fingers around the open sides of the feed lips to make a squarish tube and put the loader opening between my fingers and the feed lips. It takes some more thumb force on the loader plunger but they load and fire fine
Old April 16th, 2014, 15:04   #3
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Buy this and never go back: http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=190

Has a "GBB Mag Adapter" piece.
Old April 16th, 2014, 15:13   #4
Kos-Mos

Standard speed loader (90rns/pistol mag type).

Grab the mag, feed lips facing away from you with your "weak hand" (for me, it's left).
Like a glass, fingers curled around and thumb on top of the mag, slightly over the rear of the feeding lips.
Put your index in front of the lips, about halfway above them.
Put your speedloader at 45deg, angled away from you, with the feed tube against your index. Hold the loader in place firmly with your thumb. Rotate the mag/loader to face towards your "strong hand".
Press down hard on the loader while you load BBs. Theses usually load 3-4 BB/push, and from experience around 8-9 pushes and the mag is full.

When the mags are new, the BBs will make a "TAK" sound as they enter. DO NOT ram the speedloader lever to force the BBs in. Instead, apply progessive pressure until the BBs enter the feed lips.

Always remember to remove the last BB in before inserting your mag in. That will save you nozzles. You just need to push the BB forward and out of the feeding lips with a thin object (I use the top of the loader lever).

Over time, the BBs will be easier to load. Same applies if you change the lips, they will be hard again for a few loads (5-10 usually).
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 15:49   #5
Emre1337

I had a similar problem with my SCAR as well. My problem was that my bb's were being chopped and it was not feeding after a few rounds. The solution for me was to take off the feeding lip, stick a small piece of cardboard (I used a piece of a cigarette pack) underneath the feeding lip and voila, no more chopping. Check to see if your nozzle is broken or not, my gun would not feed before because my nozzle was broken. Also, check to see if the lip is flush with the mag, mine wasn't, hence the chopping and the card fix. In regards to loading, it takes a while but I just load by hand. I haven't seen a speedloader that is compatible with WE gbbr mags.
Emre1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner