Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

my utg m14

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 17th, 2009, 01:11   #1
pkinpeeter

my utg m14

hey guys! Im looking to upgrade my utg m14 to be fit for a sniper. I want good FPS and it be be extremely accurate. so lay it on me what do i need to buy to make me feared on the field?
pkinpeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 01:11   #2
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
KM tightbore and KM V hopup

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 03:23   #3
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Complete internal and external overhaul.

For external I would say either try a JAE M14 Style stock/body or go full out and swap into either a G&P or King Arms EBR kit. If you want something sexy and unique I would recommend a JAE M14 stock with a socom front end. As for a scope, use whatever you want, its airsoft, the BB is not going to go that far anyways,

Internally I would say grab the G&P reenforced V7 mechbox set up and then cram it to the nines with as much as one companies parts as you can, simply put when building a mechbox from scratch it makes more sense to use all of one or as much of one company as possible to avoid any possible alignment issues. I recommend Modify, they are an excellent tested and true company that makes pretty much everything you need internally minus a few odds and ends. Modify makes essentially everything you require for your compression components in a stand alone kit that you can purchase on airsoftparts.ca. Spring wise I would probly say something in the area of a modify S120 or maybe even S130 if you are planning on using it as a semi only gun, toss in a modify v7 spring guide and a sorbo pad and you are almost done. To crank it all I would recommend something along the lines of ....I dont know...how about a G&P Ulta M120 thats design for the M14 series.

As for the hop up I dont really know what to recommend since Im not sure whose hopup UTG cloned for their M14, did they go with the classic army style or the tokyo mauri style? Either way Hop up aside, its also important that you install a quality hopup rubber, something by prometheus that meets the requirements of your FPS. To compliment your new hopup rubber I would also recommend installing a prometheus tightbore as well.

All said and done you should have yourself a great quality M14 where essentially the only part about it that is UTG will be when you use the letters UTG in the sentence "This M14 used to be a UTG now its not".

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; July 17th, 2009 at 03:25..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications