TM M1911A1 Initial Impressions

:

Reviews

Old July 26th, 2006, 00:46   #1
Oz

Send a message via MSN to Oz
TM M1911A1 Initial Impressions

June 30th 2006

Well, I had just placed a rather large order through a buddy of mine. A day later it’s announced that the TM M1911 is released and I spend the next 24 hours frantically trying to get in touch with my retailer to add it to the order.

July 25th 2006

Well, the second half of the order finally arrived (after UPS shipped it to the wrong address :smack: ). Among other bits and pieces was my much anticipated much loved 1911!

Much like the last few offerings from Marui, the 1911 is packaged beautifully. A mat OD box whose graphics scream issue (even down to the stats and "Government Issue Colt's Patent Fire Arms Mfg. Co., 1945"). The foam is lined with an OD fabric giving it that extra classy look, even the usual 'bag of bbs' is in a little box with "Pistol Ball, Caliber .45 FMJ M1911A1".

Onto the pistol itself. The trades are stamped deeply into the slide and frame. The collectors will be impressed, there is something stamped almost everywhere on this thing. The pistol itself is mat gunmetal grey, accented by black controls and brown (not imitation wood) grips. This is one of the best looking pistols I have seen in quite some time.

If the gun looks good it feels even better. The gun is heavier, more solid and less plastic than my TM P226 and the Hicapa. The grips are sharp and the weight sits nicely in your hands. A fantastic gun to hold.

The blowback seems to be on par with my Sig but pulling the (serrated) trigger is so much nicer. If pulling the sigs trigger is "mushy" the 1911 is crisp as can be. The slide release is quite tight and more effort than usual is needed to release it. Adds to the realism or a liability, your choice. I haven’t used it at any kind of range, but accuracy seems to be good, as does power. The rumors of it being a gas hog may be somewhat true I seem to get a mag and 3/4's or so. On the other hand, there isn’t much gas going into the mag itself. In any case, a good excuse to pick up a few spare mags. Another interesting note, this gun seems to be quite loud, more so than usual.

All in all, this gun seems to be a dream come true, I can’t wait to take it out on the field.

Well, that’s what I've noticed in the first few hours of owning the thing. If I get around to it I'll try and include some snaps and an after action report.
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 01:05   #2
MyMac11

Nice review man, cant wait to see those pics! :cheers:
MyMac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 04:20   #3
yakuzakazuya

It has no trades on the right-side of the slide, whereas the KSC has them on both sides. Seam lines are also still apparent despite TM's claims in their japanese ads.

Performance-wise, TM blows KSC out of the block. Better accuracy, louder "bap" sound, and seems to have higher fps out of the box.
yakuzakazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 14:32   #4
quiggers

ohhh man i love 1911's cant wait to have one of these, nice review. mac here are pics of said gun
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=30260
cheers
andrew
quiggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 14:41   #5
Mapcinq

Send a message via MSN to Mapcinq
i need one....damn it!
Mapcinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 00:03   #6
Gcoap

Here are some pics of my 1911 that i just picked up

Gcoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 02:50   #7
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

It looks so...plasticky. I know its made of plastic, but the finish doesnt look that good. Unless is just the flash lighting it up more than it should be.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 09:58   #8
Mason
Heeere, Brucey, Brucey, Brucey

Send a message via MSN to Mason
The Mat color of the gun is very deceiving, it looks like cheap plastic but I assure you that it goes away when you pick it up. the weight is nice, and WELL Balanced, even with the mag out.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 13:41   #9
Gcoap

the weight might have somethign to do with the slabs of metal under the grips.
Gcoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 17:10   #10
quick90

Send a message via MSN to quick90
It doesn't look as plasticky in real life...trust me. Not near as bad as certain TM gbbs.
quick90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 00:52   #11
Swatt Six-Four
Formally SwattMedic

OZ any upates?

"Pain is just a symptom of weakness leaving the body"
-Herb Ferh
Swatt Six-Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 14:54   #12
bruce
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to bruce Send a message via MSN to bruce
One thing that I've noticed between my WA 1911 versions and the TM 1911 is that the TM is slightly smaller in sized. About 0.5mm in width on the slide.

When the TM is used with a Safariland 6004 or a SERPA holster, it wobbles when it's holstered. Some of the wobble can be removed on the 6004 by tightening the screw on the holster. Not much can be done on the SERPA unless you want to try and add some material like felt on the inside of the SERPA. This wobble is not present on any of my WA 1911 versions.
Old December 31st, 2007, 15:46   #13
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEvolution View Post
It looks so...plasticky. I know its made of plastic, but the finish doesnt look that good. Unless is just the flash lighting it up more than it should be.
I retract this previous statement as I own one of these now, and it looks very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:28   #14
scarletsnake

I got mine from customs yesterday. Awesome piece.
scarletsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:45   #15
matt491

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletsnake View Post
I got mine from customs yesterday. Awesome piece.
..congrats...have a cookie.

You get a gold star for the most necro-posts in one day. check the god damn dates on threads BEFORE you post in it. This one is a YEAR old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews