Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE Gen 2 STANAG 30 rounder

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 12th, 2012, 23:19   #16
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
My KJW mags are designed like this, and this is why I prefered KJW to WE. NONE of my mags have leaks, after at least 25 games and skirmish days. My WE G39 does have this design too, but the problem is the weak plastic shell though.
Their plastic shell is the same plastic as their nozzle (feels the same) which is disappointing, their pistol grip, stock plastic is so much better.

WE G39 still leak, because it uses 1mm thick o-Ring I'm not joking, alot of Arms cool folks when Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
if people are switching out to these new mags, I'll buy the leaky gen1 ones for $5.

just saying...
hehe I sold all mine when I first saw initial reports of it. I'm not very nice eh? Knew it was coming, made sure I sold the mag before telling rest of folks go on ASC
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:10   #17
danhay

Does anyone know if the gen 2 WE mags will handle CO2 pressure ranges or have they been designed strictly for propane/green-gas?
danhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:27   #18
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhay View Post
Does anyone know if the gen 2 WE mags will handle CO2 pressure ranges or have they been designed strictly for propane/green-gas?
it will not handle CO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
hehe I sold all mine when I first saw initial reports of it. I'm not very nice eh? Knew it was coming, made sure I sold the mag before telling rest of folks go on ASC
Dirty! My offer still stands for leaky gen1 mags.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:35   #19
Padkiller

Ra-Tech has a video up about these mags!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PMMPSucMmE4
Old May 3rd, 2012, 17:14   #20
Padkiller

You guys find this website trusty?
I'm about to buy, not sure if milspec solutions is to be trusted?

Thanks!
Old May 3rd, 2012, 17:40   #21
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padkiller View Post
Ra-Tech has a video up about these mags!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PMMPSucMmE4
Meh, the difference is so minor it is not worth switching over unless someone wants to buy the old ones at the full going used price.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 19:24   #22
Rommen

The design looks alot like the mag design on the WE AK series. If so, that means it shouldn't leak... but hopefully they replaced the cheap plastic tabs that kept the shell and tank together, as they broke so easily..
Rommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 19:56   #23
Basic-Wedge

Thanks to Kullwarrior's advance warning, I held off buying all the mags for my new M16 until the Generation 2 mags became available. Thanks again Bud!

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 22:44   #24
audi_bhoy

kullwarior, I basically have a WE G39 that was once in your hands, your nickname is still written on the mags haha !!
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 23:25   #25
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Meh, the difference is so minor it is not worth switching over unless someone wants to buy the old ones at the full going used price.
There's probably an FPS difference, as well as consistency from shot to shot, and first shot to last. Probably manage cold better, and are less prone to leaking, and more easily fixable. Sold?

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:40   #26
dracu

well, lets wait til kullwarrior put his own review here. if its worth it then i'll go ahead and buy them.
dracu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:19   #27
kullwarrior

Quote:
Even with blue gasket seal the mag will still leak thanks to the crappy rubber. O-Ring are so saturated most of them are high quality and unprofitable for airsoft companies to make them....WE made the gasket rubber square oring for the Gen1 mag and it fail horribly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommen View Post
The design looks alot like the mag design on the WE AK series. If so, that means it shouldn't leak... but hopefully they replaced the cheap plastic tabs that kept the shell and tank together, as they broke so easily..
The Mag design is copied of Tanio Koba where the resvoir is composed of two "cups" and a connector (if magazine is curved) This allows the use of O-Rings and allow magazine to be filled from the bottom.
WE started this with M14 (then G39, AK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox62 View Post
There's probably an FPS difference, as well as consistency from shot to shot, and first shot to last. Probably manage cold better, and are less prone to leaking, and more easily fixable. Sold?
Fox.
It's just less leaky from what I've been told, the FPS and shot to shot difference are probably by chance or within margin of error
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracu View Post
well, lets wait til kullwarrior put his own review here. if its worth it then i'll go ahead and buy them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic-Wedge View Post
Thanks to Kullwarrior's advance warning, I held off buying all the mags for my new M16 until the Generation 2 mags became available. Thanks again Bud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padkiller View Post
You guys find this website trusty?
I'm about to buy, not sure if milspec solutions is to be trusted?

Thanks!
Most retailers in HK have them now in-stock
I've ordered 5 mags from RA-Tech, should be shipped before end of Friday Taiwan time....Hopefully it will arrived before next Friday

The reason I told couple of folks to wait for the mag is simply fewer leaky problem. The last Gen1 I kept had to reseal after bluegasket failed the first time when I store it for a long duration. I can bet there are still going to be leak, those are much easier thanks to the O-Ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
kullwarior, I basically have a WE G39 that was once in your hands, your nickname is still written on the mags haha !!
I used Sharpie pen to mark them, just take the plate off and use iso-propyl alcohol to remove them.
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:59   #28
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Even with blue gasket seal the mag will still leak thanks to the crappy rubber. O-Ring are so saturated most of them are high quality and unprofitable for airsoft companies to make them....WE made the gasket rubber square oring for the Gen1 mag and it fail horribly.

The last Gen1 I kept had to reseal after bluegasket failed the first time when I store it for a long duration.
Then you haven't done it right. I have done a several dozen WE mags with blue gasket and none have come back to me. I store them gassed, empty, wet and/or dry without leaks. I have pre-oiled propane tanks that I don't even regularly use anymore as I clean and lube my gun regularly. Periodically will use oily gas to lube the valves but that's it.

If you are still using the stock square seal, then you aren't embedding it properly. Either get rid of it as per z0ng's tutorial or make sure it's well coated on both sides. I typically keep the seal as a spacer and lay a bead of gasket maker on both the cover and the mag. Also, avoid over tightening the 4 screws on the cover when curing. You can alway tighten them up after it has cured.
Old May 4th, 2012, 14:49   #29
kullwarrior

Quote:
Then you haven't done it right. I have done a several dozen WE mags with blue gasket and none have come back to me. I store them gassed, empty, wet and/or dry without leaks. I have pre-oiled propane tanks that I don't even regularly use anymore as I clean and lube my gun regularly. Periodically will use oily gas to lube the valves but that's it.

If you are still using the stock square seal, then you aren't embedding it properly. Either get rid of it as per z0ng's tutorial or make sure it's well coated on both sides. I typically keep the seal as a spacer and lay a bead of gasket maker on both the cover and the mag. Also, avoid over tightening the 4 screws on the cover when curing. You can alway tighten them up after it has cured.
Trust me I've done it much like he put it. The first time was back before he recommand using the gasket. When it leak, the gasket I took out had cut which made holes in the square perimeter. What makes me made at Gasket is that it's so unpredictable when the pieces of gasket inside is going to come out. (some goes out right away others 30-50 mags later on)
Old May 4th, 2012, 15:52   #30
Basic-Wedge

It won't matter to those of us who'll be using the new mags, but for anyone with a leaky first generation mag, Evike is selling the square gaskets as a replacement spare part. No need to mess with gasket sealer, just drop in a new gasket.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion